Memory games to boost your brain…  | November 9, 2021

The problem I had writing this article was that I was having too much fun! I kept on getting detained playing games, but it was worth it. Some I did o.k. on, others I flunked miserably. They’re fun, they’re challenging, and I think you’ll really like them.

(A personal word of advice. Go to Games.com first. You’ll be hooked!)

Games.com

Hundreds of games from free download ones (872!) to premium play. Categories galore including Simulation (404), Brain Games (246), Adventure (207), Food Games (80), Card Games (67), Sports Games (56), Solitaire Games (50),Racing Games (32), Mahjong Games (31), Word Games(28), Poker Games (15), Slots Games (14), Crossword Games (7), Trivia Games (6), Bingo Games (4), Blackjack Games, (3) Bowling Games (1) and others.  http://www.games.com/browse-games/all/

100 Free Brain GamesMemory-Improvement-tips.com

50 of the most popular online games on this website, with a total of 100 free brain games! Puzzles, logic games, and other brain training games. To keep your mind in top shape, play one or two games for 15-minutes a day. http://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/  http://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/brain-games.html

BrainBashers

BrainBashers is a collection of brain teasers, puzzles, riddles, games and optical illusions. There are thousands of puzzles and brain teasers, and with new material added every single day, including games and optical illusions. There’s even Daily Sudoku and Daily Killer Sudoku! http://www.brainbashers.com/

Braingle

With over 15,000 brain teasers, riddles, logic problems and mind puzzles submitted and ranked by users like you, Braingle has the largest collection anywhere on the internet. If you want a brain teaser, mind puzzle or riddle, they’re the place to get it. And the bonus is you’ll  increase your creativity and boost your learning. With over 15,000 brain teasers, riddles, logic problems and mind puzzles submitted and ranked by users like you, Braingle has the largest collection anywhere on the internet. If you want a brain teaser, mind puzzle or riddle, they’re the place to get it. And the bonus is you’ll  increase your creativity and boost your learning. http://www.braingle.com/games

BrainGymmer

Brain games and brain exercises targeted at specific brain functions such as memory, attention, logic, processing speed and visual perception. They’re all backed by extensive neuroscience. Besides that, they’re fun to play too. Just spend 10 minutes a day to play brain games and do brain workouts, and you will rapidly see the results. http://braingymmer.com/

Lumosity

Lumosity subscribers have access to over 35+ brain games and exercises. Based on extensive research, our games enhance the brain’s ability to remember details, solve problems, pay attention, multitask — and much, much more. Each game trains a different skill such as memory, concentration, or mental speed. http://www.lumosity.com/

To subscribe to Epilepsy Talk and get the latest articles, simply go to the bottom box of the right column, enter your email address and click on “Follow.”

1. I use ‘brain’ games with my students who have educational needs. It is excellent for dyslexia, processing issues and other challenges a quarter of the population have! The bonus is… they are fun to do. We also like the games that use words and vocabulary so we started a league and make it more competitive. The children love it!

Comment by jorja111 — November 9, 2021 @ 12:27 PM

2. Sudoku is my favorite game as of late.

Comment by Zolt — November 9, 2021 @ 12:31 PM

3. Thanks so much for this link! I do crosswords and Sudoko daily, but this gives me new challenges and some more fun, instead of what’s beginning to feel like a daily “must do” to check off my list. 🙂

Comment by qmfub — November 9, 2021 @ 12:37 PM

4. Very nice 🙂.
    … my online time is limited… other fun stuff?;
    A. good old fashioned deck of cards. lots of fun challenges. ♦️
    B. Fluffy small ball to toss from on hand to the other.
    C. harmonica? kinda fun, helps with focus & breath. 🎶
    D. Word games or joke book (matching words, fill in the blank, etc.) with a friend. Loads of fun stuff.
    E. Old fashion Milton Bradley games?
    Wishing a some fun 🎸🙂.

Comment by Robert — November 9, 2021 @ 2:18 PM

• Milton Bradley? Mille Bornes! We still play it. Are you as old as me??? 😉

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 9, 2021 @ 9:27 PM

• Please forgive the misspelled words, etc.
      My updated cell phone has;
      auto correct,
      auto-select,
      …oh Heck, we’ll just pick a word for you.
      And we’ll send the msg for you.
      Before you check ✔️.
      Welcome to the new world 🤔🌍.
      Peace ☮️🎸

Comment by Robert S. — November 10, 2021 @ 8:47 AM

5. Gosh I need to invest in one of these. The lamictal memory struggle is real, y’all.

Comment by Hetty Eliot — November 9, 2021 @ 5:40 PM

6. The app called Elevate is one that I use nearly everyday to help strengthen my memory.

Comment by Mike Baumgartner — November 10, 2021 @ 9:35 AM

7. Im a huge video gamer! Been playing online games since the wheel was invented! Okay well maybe not that far back…. but definitely as far back as the internet! Made me better at resource allocation and efficiency, saving, budgeting, math in general…. even stock trading! Many of the games I play involve thousands of other players and a ton of teamwork and group communication! Love my gaming, always have since I was very young! Thanks again for all you do Phyllis! 😀

Comment by Aaron Holmes — November 10, 2021 @ 2:49 PM

8. I don’t think I could do it. Don’t have the attention span, or the memory to play with thousands.

I even turned down a prestigious international advocacy opportunity because I couldn’t picture working with people all across the globe.

Maybe that’s why I’ve been a freelancer for 35 years! (Doesn’t play well with others?)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 10, 2021 @ 3:35 PM