Depression is quiet | October 26, 2021

You would be surprised with how many people in your life could be going through depression at this very moment.

People hide it like a paper bag over their heads, out of fear of being judged, made fun of, seen as weak, or just not taken seriously.

Anyone can fall victim to it.

And much like a mask, people hide it with a smile.

And an “I’m fine.”

Nobody can detect it but yourself,

Because, disguising is easy.

The cheerier you are, the less they’ll suspect.

But you can’t hide it forever.

Everybody reaches a breaking point.

But that’s okay. Don’t be ashamed.

There are people out there who understand.

There is love and support all around you.

By talking with others, you will get the help and assurance that you need to fight through it.

You are precious.

You are loved.

You are not alone.

Have patience with all things.

But most importantly, have patience with yourself.

See each and every new day as an opportunity to grow.

We’ll always be here, waiting for you.

By: Colleen Butters

To subscribe to Epilepsy Talk and get the latest articles, simply go to the bottom box of the right column, enter your email address and click on “Follow!”

1. You can never fake REALITY. You can always pray & meditate OR meditate then pray,, 1 is right, 1 is wrong in how you do both, but I never been told which is right and which is wrong. I guess the more you pray & nothing seems to change, then you need to meditate more. What ever you do God is in control, which can help anyone think of how they feel when they are taking KEPPRA of any form of it, where it and other neurological drugs besides the AED’s can make anyone depressed 24/7 365 days a year, as most neurologist expects YOU TO DEAL WITH that SAAD that you get from taking AED’s / ASD’s all the time, and you wonder WHY seizures can not stop or be lowered in number ? STRESS ALONE created by the drugs will make more seizures happen, as I found that out very clearly after going OFF DILANTIN after 27 years of taking it. Almost instantly the seizures reduced ” that were petit mals” by 90%. ALSO my digestive system started to work like a REAL DIGESTIVE SYSTEM as I was not between 7 to sometimes 14+ days having a real bowel movement & when that started to happen EVERYDAY, LESS SEIZURES was the future, as I can only figure that TOXINS & CHEMICALS that I was getting in the foods were NOT leaving my body, so the toxins & chemicals effected all my brain chemistry over time, & now for the past 35 years, I never need to wait 7 to 14 days to use a bathroom as you should use a bathroom 1 time a day. MAGNESIUM STEARATE is the main reason for all of that, and THAT IS WHY I use a good magnesium supplement with NO Magnesium Stearate in it. MAX MAG 300 is one to use made by Da Vinci.

Comment by James D — October 26, 2021 @ 9:47 AM

2. Reblogged this on Ken's Devotions.

Comment by Kenneth — October 26, 2021 @ 10:20 AM

3. I understand this subject. The seizures went away but depression feels like it’s here to stay.

Comment by Ed Lugge — October 26, 2021 @ 11:21 AM

4. Yes I understand most of what has been said: after taking Dilantin for 12 years the Dr.’s changed my medication and my daily memory returned when I was 36…I can’t remember childhood or even high school then Dr.’s discovered my Epilepsy was intractable because it’s on both sides of my brain and then in 1998 I got a VNS BUT depression is here to stay. Leon Chavarria

Comment by Leon Chavarria — October 26, 2021 @ 12:02 PM

5. Leon, getting better in medical terms, doesn’t necessarily mean getting well emotionally.

One of my favorite sayings is: “Fake it till you make it!”

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 26, 2021 @ 12:44 PM

• What is very depressing and or difficult is and has been when people “ignorant people” started rumors/ lies about my Epileptic seizures only being from alcoholism, even being a drug addict or dealing drugs and being drunk people that know nothing about Epilepsy still believe that… Some tell me to “love their God and I will be saved!” Really??!?! Do I look that gullible ?!? (I.e dramatic example of what happened to me: slumped down from Heat exhaustion and stress I was yelled at to my face “DRUNK!” In a very public place. I called him an idiot and went my way to go grocery shopping… The rumors never stopped continued to part of 2021. That was 2016!)
      My service to use my phone is gone so I can’t call my neurologist, my family doctor or whoever I need to phone!

Whoever started these rumors has to pay for all the trauma that I have had go through and more!
      My fur baby was taken away from me no reason given for the separation 2018. I had “visitation rights” to see him when he had been adopted by me and had been taken to the veterinarians only by me. Many people saw us together. Especially the day that I brought him to the veterinarians for the first time as just adopted him and was driven to there.
      That was in Mississauga. I don’t know 100% who did this to me but they made a lot of new friends happy and others sick with the amount of Epileptic seizures that they triggered being around even my feline fur baby and I even more by smoking when had never been near marijuana, meth, cocaine or heavy smokers ever.
      But traumatizing me by reading my mail addressed to me that I couldn’t find all of them or some were torn because I have Epilepsy!

Is the most deplorable things that this person or persons could do!!

I can never forget or forgive especially since they have been doing this to me since 2011 and it’s 2021.

I can’t even call my family or friends because they or he/she locked my internet and deleted my music and continuing to do it repeatedly in cycles until as I’ve heard as a rumor from the Toostie pop commercial “how many licks does it take to get to the middle of the Tootsie pop center?!”
      They want my Epileptic seizures to be seen by everyone until I get media attention or my skull cracks!

That’s their own words and I used to love life but I have to hear one of them!! Because they where I am continue to forget that Epilepsy is not Mental Health!

But I can’t even get to the p

Liked by 2 people

Comment by Tab — October 26, 2021 @ 5:02 PM

• Tab, I think you need a social worker to intervene on your behalf. It just seems that too much trauma is happening to you for one person to take.

If you reach out to your Epilepsy Foundation, I think you can find one, or at least someone to advocate for you.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 27, 2021 @ 8:41 AM

6. When I opened up about my own depression, most people I knew were shocked. They didn’t have a clue. It’s a silent killer in many ways. You never know what offering a helping hand can do for someone. It might mean everything. Beautiful words – thank you for being part of the good fight 🙏

Liked by 2 people