21 Praises of Wisdom to Pass On… | August 24, 2020

1.   Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

2.   Marry a man/woman you love to talk to.  As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

3.   Don’t believe all you hear.

4.   When you say, “I love you,” mean  it.

5.   When you say, “I’m sorry,” look the person in the  eye.

6.   Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

7.   Believe in love at first sight.

8.   Never make fun of anyone’s dreams. People who don’t have dreams don’t have much.

9.   Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but, it’s the only way to live life completely.

10.  In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

11.  Don’t judge people by their relatives.

12. Talk slowly but think quickly.

13. When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”

14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

15. Say “bless you” when you hear someone sneeze.

16. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.

17.  Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

18.  Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

19. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.

21. Remember, laughter is the best medicine.

To subscribe to Epilepsy Talk and receive notification of new articles, simply go to the bottom of the right column, enter your email address and click on “Follow”

1. Re: Number 12. Take your time. Take YOUR time. Whether thinking, speaking, or acting.

Liked by 2 people

Comment by HoDo — August 24, 2020 @ 11:47 AM

2. Spending time alone is not a bad idea either.

Liked by 2 people

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — August 24, 2020 @ 12:05 PM

3. […] 21 Praises of Wisdom to Pass On… — Epilepsy Talk […]

Pingback by 21 Praises of Wisdom to Pass On… — Epilepsy Talk – Epilepsy & Cerebral Palsy — August 24, 2020 @ 12:29 PM

4. Phylis !I asked a neurologist about CBC the response from her was quite startling. Was her response because the Canadian Gov. hasn’t done any studies on it so she has no opinion or is it because drug co. Don’t want their cash cow ended. Wally from Gibsons Canada. I guess my question is should I experiment when I only have myoclonic seizures Wally.

Liked by 2 people

Comment by wally venechuk — August 24, 2020 @ 8:01 PM

• Wally, I can’t tell you what to do. All I can do is give you a few (dated) articles to read. Maybe they will help. I hope so.

Marijuana by the Numbers

The Great Debate — Medical Marijuana

Medical Marijuana — What the Experts are Saying

Medical Marijuana — It’s Here to Stay…

New Data Back Use of Medical Cannabis for Epilepsy, Pain, Anxiety

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — August 24, 2020 @ 9:32 PM

• Goodmorning Wally 😊. I’ve been trying to wean myself off of Dilantin very slowly, but of course there’s a few other things that stand in my way as well. I also live in Alberta, Canada. They doctor has tried to switch me a couple of times so far from one medication to another, but that hasn’t gone so well either. I suffered a one super major concussion about 5 years ago and apparently I hurt the nerves in the back of my neck which causes me some pretty good headaches!!!!!!! In my case it always been my head that hurts that’s my clue to take it easy and be a bit more mindful when it’s really bad. One epitologist said to me that apparently Canada is trying to make some kind of CBD medication for epileptics but hasn’t got there yet. However a new neurologist I’ve seen I asked about it again and she completely wasn’t against it and actually wrote me a prescription. I still haven’t filled it out (maybe fear or a promise I made to my grandma that I would never take cbd seems to be stopping me as well!!). Lol between us I ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT STAND THE SMELL OF IT EITHER!!!!!!! It’s like that second I smell it it’s like an “Instant intolerance”!! But now they also have oils, gummie bears, chocolates, and suckers. My husband finally said “because I don’t like having to take ativan (which I have had to working outside sometimes) then maybe it’s something I should just try!! Because it costs just as much or more for my medications every month anyways and who knows it may help? I don’t know yet either!! Let me know when you do and good luck my friend and please take care of yourself and please be safe and well 😊🙏🏼🦅🙏🏼😊

Comment by Kathy S.B — August 25, 2020 @ 10:12 AM

5. Words to live by, each and every one!

Liked by 2 people

Comment by Mary Ellen Gambon — August 24, 2020 @ 9:26 PM

6. I could have used most of this list before I made my first big Matrimonial mistake.

Comment by Donna Jones — August 24, 2020 @ 11:07 PM

• Well, I hate to sound trite Donna, but it’s never too late to live and learn.

I wish you well the next time.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — August 25, 2020 @ 9:14 AM

7. There’s a reason for everything. The challenge is to find the reason and you will succeed

Liked by 2 people

Comment by lakefreak — August 25, 2020 @ 12:35 AM

8. Lol mine would be SMILE AND DON’T EVER SAY YOU CAN’T!! Because YOU ALWAYS CAN IF YOU REALLY WANT TOO!!!!!!! 😊🙏🏼🦅🙏🏼💕. Lol 😂 that’s what I kept telling myself these past few weeks as I’m building shelves (who would of thought I would be a carpenter), mowing lawns and trimming trees (lol again in “Agricultural Collegel their referred time as “HORTS” which is horticulture. Their kind of the nerds of the bunch. I liked animal science because I never had the patience to wait for plants to grow!!

Comment by Kathy S.B — August 25, 2020 @ 10:18 AM

9. VERY TRUE!!

Comment by Kathy S.B — August 25, 2020 @ 11:33 AM

10. It was too much heat and all the sweating that made me even more determined NOT TO DOUBT MYSELF!! Lol I think it has to do with my rebellious side of me!! Mother Nature sure seems to be testing everyone inside and out now a days!! 😉

Comment by Kathy S.B — August 25, 2020 @ 11:36 AM

11. I have a dog magnet that says dogs are the only relatives you get to choose wonderful funny and therapuetic for me with some of the shenanigans that have erupted over the years. thanks for all the good advice. Laura Hood

Comment by Laura Michael Hood — August 25, 2020 @ 10:35 PM