2020 Top-Ranked Pediatric Hospitals for Neurology & Neurosurgery | January 13, 2020

The U.S. News & World Report’s annual survey of hospitals is considered the pre-eminent source for excellence.

For the 2020 evaluations, fifty pediatric centers were ranked for serious neurological problems.

Survival following complex surgery, surgical complications and infection prevention — along with other data collected from a detailed U.S. News clinical survey of children’s hospitals — produced 85 percent of each hospital’s score.

The other 15 percent reflects nominations from pediatric specialists and subspecialists who responded to surveys in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and recommended the hospital for serious cases in their specialty.

Here are the top-ranked centers, ranked in order.

To find out more about these Pediatric Neurology and Neurosurgery Hospitals click on:

To subscribe to Epilepsy Talk and get the latest articles, simply go to the bottom box on the right, enter your email address and click on “Follow”.

1. Goodafternoon Phylis 😊. Wow!! I pray our younger generations and their neurologists, neurosurgeons, specialists keep learn from those of us with epilepsy to keep getting better and better 🙏🏼🦅😊💕. It makes me curious to know what happens through all of the steps through the surgery and side effects for each part from the beginning to the end? Thank you 😊 and please have a very good day today 😊

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 13, 2020 @ 3:48 PM

2. Well, I guess if we were in the OR (as docs NOT patients) we might know better. 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 13, 2020 @ 3:56 PM

3. Well I guess maybe that’s either a problem (like me with my family) or something that maybe should be taught to the parents and caregivers of “LITTLE PEOPLE” to help them be properly informed prior to choosing any surgical options for their “LITTLE PEOPLE”. Just a thought. I remember my paediatric neurologist still to this day and from what I can remember he was VERY GOOD AND I REALLY LIKED HIM!! 😊

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 13, 2020 @ 8:20 PM

• Well, aside from the gory details, I think it is a good idea to explain to the child what’s go to happen each step of the way and how they are going to feel both during and after.

Kids are smart and if you don’t (carefully) explain the facts, they’re going to imagine all kinds of horrible things.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 13, 2020 @ 8:39 PM

• I agree!! Lol funny how that could even apply to adults as well 😊. That one thing I MUST ADMIT!! I was AFRAID to have children simply because I NEVER EVER WANTES THEM TO SUFFER THE WAY I DID!! I just got very luck and had a VERY SUPPORTIVE GROUP OF FRIENDS IN SCHOOL!! But I won’t lie even now I still observe my own children and pray they’ll and their babies (ONE DAY) NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS THEMSELVES!! 🙏🏼🦅😇💞

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 13, 2020 @ 9:13 PM

4. Is Epilepsy Inherited?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 14, 2020 @ 10:49 AM