2020 Top-Rated Hospitals for Neurology & Neurosurgery | January 11, 2020

Every year, patients and potential patients alike, look forward to the U.S. News & World Report’s list of top-ranking hospitals.

Attached is a link to their most current list for Neurology and Neurosurgery.

You can find information here about 1,236 hospitals in Neurology and Neurosurgery. All treat significant numbers of difficult patients.

The 50 top-scoring hospitals are ranked. The rest are listed alphabetically.

To find out more about these top-ranked centers for serious neurological problems, click on:

To subscribe to Epilepsy Talk and get the latest articles by email, simply go to the bottom box on the right, enter your email address and click on “Follow”.

1. Was Harborview Medical Center in Seattle on this list?

Comment by Vance McDill — January 11, 2020 @ 12:57 PM

2. Hi Phylis

Just need to win the lottery to book my flight and appointment at the hospital.
    Any suggestions for 6 lucky numbers ?

Mark

Liked by 2 people

Comment by Mark — January 11, 2020 @ 5:32 PM

3. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Where do you live?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 11, 2020 @ 5:35 PM

• England uk, not sure if that’s good or bad – unfortunately or fortunately the USA is renowned for it’s modern advanced treatments to most illnesses trouble is as you know unless you have deep pockets, most people aren’t able to be treated at them.

Comment by Mark — January 11, 2020 @ 5:50 PM

4. While the information is very important for those who can afford to cure their medical hardships in these great institutions, unfortunately the list is meaningless to the general public who can NOT afford to be cured for basic medical needs in these institutions.
    Medical hardships & needs should NEVER have price tag to shop around like a used car.
    And that’s a good reason for healthcare to be free for the whole population, like in many nations in the world.
    Gerrie

Liked by 2 people

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — January 12, 2020 @ 9:29 AM

5. Well, Gerrie, you know the old saying, “money talks…”

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 12, 2020 @ 11:34 AM

6. I COMPLETELY AGREE!! Thank you Phylis & Gerrie 😊. Especially when we have a reaction we suffered on account of a neurologist not heeding our warning and allergies about ourselves with them. I still swear I’m either allergic to neurologists or I somehow got bit by a spider in his office!! However my family doctor and I are now following YOU PHYLIS!! We’re going to try Lyrica now. The issue came when I am finally sent to homecare because of a bump I received (looks like a spider bite) I FINALLY MADE TO A NEUROLOGIST in December! My luck 😊

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 12, 2020 @ 5:40 PM

7. Your family doc is now following me? WOW!

Welcome back, Kathy. I’m glad you sorted your EpilepsyTalk links out.

Hope the Lyrica works for you.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 12, 2020 @ 5:57 PM

• Well lol as long as I found you I’m a happy camper 😊. I missed you all 😘

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 12, 2020 @ 6:11 PM

• Oh Phylis I would NEVER LET MY DOCTOR FOLLOW YOU!! Don’t worry but she sure wasn’t happy when she heard I had been prescribed generic medications knowing I was allergic to them!! Although MAYBE SHE SHOULD!!!!! Your very informative and TEACH LOTS OF PEOPLE ABOUT EPILEPSY!! 😘🙏🏼🦅😇😘. I was talking about the medication that sure did a number on me!! So now she’s just going to try “Lyrica” to try and help me with the numbness.

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 12, 2020 @ 8:12 PM

• Lyrica, or pregabalin, is an anti-seizure drug that can treat a range of conditions, including epilepsy, fibromyalgia, and nerve pain.

So maybe, she’s on the right track.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 12, 2020 @ 9:45 PM

• I SURE HOPE SO!! I’m just PRAYING ITS NOT AS HARD OR AS BAD AS TOPERIMATE!!!!!!! I would wish that upon my worst enemy or anyone!! I still can’t believe how scarey and unnerving it was to me. Especially the pain and fogginess!! The funny part is how much it was praised and supposed to help with the focal seizures, numbness, eyesight and weight loss!! He forgot to mention the fogginess and WORST HEADACHES, INFECTION AND ALMOST A LOSS OF SHORT TERM MEMORY I HAVE HAD IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!! Honestly it makes me a bit scared and worried to try this new one. Maybe it’s just the side affects that are the hardest to succumb to!! I’m not sure what else there is? Thank you Phylis 😊🦅💗

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 12, 2020 @ 10:00 PM

• Kathy, I think that any change is scary.

Especially a med change when you’re coming off such an awful experience.

But you have to remember that there CAN be good to come.

I kissed a lot of frogs before I found my “magical med mix”.

My prayers go with you.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 12, 2020 @ 10:24 PM

• THANK YOU PHYLIS for YOUR GUIDANCE AND EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ACTUALLY GIVEN THOSE OF US WITH EPILEPSY 🙏🏼🦅😇💗. I never realized a person could be on antibiotics for a whole month and a week!! Yet somehow through all of that I never had an actual grandmal seizure. For that I’m proud of me 😊. Lol I just got stuck in a folic seizure!! Thank you for you prayers and hope 😘. So I know you at least have been told once today “THANK YOU AND I WILL ALWAYS GREATLY APPRECIATE YOU AND OUR EPILEPSY FAMILY!!”. 😊🦅😇🙏🏼💗😘

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 12, 2020 @ 10:41 PM

8. Not as much as I missed you. I was talking to Arthur this afternoon about how I could help you recapture your EpilepsyTalk link!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 12, 2020 @ 6:15 PM

9. AWE I MISS YOU AND YOUR EPILEPSY TALK FAMILY SO MUCH AS WELL!! 😘🙏🏼🦅😇😘😘😘😘😘💞

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 12, 2020 @ 7:26 PM

10. I had an allergic reaction either to the “toperimate” (which I am still trying to fully shake) or whatever the neurologist poked me with during my exam and appointment with him. It led to my leg being infected as well. But I think I’m on the mend now 😊

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 12, 2020 @ 8:15 PM