Your mission for 2020: Live life to the fullest! | January 5, 2020

When you’re feeling frustrated, bitter, or like you’ve lost all faith in humanity, turn to these 21 wonderful quotes to get back on track!

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” ― John Green, Looking for Alaska

“There’s only one rule you need to remember: laugh at everything and forget everybody else! It sound egotistical, but it’s actually the only cure for those suffering from self-pity.” ― Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank

“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” ― Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

“How many slams in an old screen door?
Depends how loud you shut it.
How many slices in a bread?
Depends how thin you cut it.
How much good inside a day?
Depends how good you live ’em.
How much love inside a friend?
Depends how much you give ’em.”
― How Many, How Much by Shel Silverstein

“Tell the truth, or someone will tell it for you.” ― Stephanie Klein, Straight Up and Dirty: A Memoir

“The saddest people I’ve ever met in life are the ones who don’t care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there’s nothing to make it last.” ― Nicholas Sparks, Dear John

“There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.”― Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

“Maybe everyone can live beyond what they’re capable of.” ― Markus Zusak, I Am the Messenger

“My only advice is to stay aware, listen carefully, and yell for help if you need it.” ― Judy Blume

“A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.” ― Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

“…[I]f you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be.” ― Roald Dahl, My Uncle Oswald

“If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is: who cares?” ― Tina Fey, Bossypants

“You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.”― Thornton Wilder

“You can think clearly only with your clothes on.” ― Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid’s Tale

“Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

“Don’t Panic.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

“The point is not to pay back kindness but to pass it on.” ― Julia Alvarez

“Sometimes you have to lie. But to yourself you must always tell the truth.” ― Louise Fitzhugh, Harriet the Spy

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Soul of Man Under Socialism

Resource:

BookBub from The Huffington Post.
Follow BookBub on Facebook and Twitter.

To subscribe to Epilepsy Talk and get the latest articles, simply go to the bottom box of the right column, enter your email address and click on “Sign me up!”

1. All said is good. We have identified a new skilled group home for my son. It is an 8 bed facility with nice staff and 24 hour services. Last we wrote he had a broken arm due to abuse and neglect in his facility. He is in a rehab facility now for over 2 months. Totally changed though. No seizures but wont get out of bed. Hopefully with new surroundings and celebration for his 52 birthday there may be some hope.
    I was barred from the over 40 with seizure group by a bully admin. She said I was giving medical advice. I was just indicating keppra is a bad med and breviact was working much better for my son. So life goes on. We deal with bullys all the time. Happy new year. A d good luck.

Liked by 2 people

Comment by Joel Mason — January 5, 2020 @ 10:24 AM

2. Goodmorning Joel 😊. I apologize I never read the last time you wrote down. However I know for me I won’t even think of KEPPRA and now toperimate!! I agree with you however sometimes if we are that hurt either from seizures, accidents due to seizures, medications I do have to say that the clouds created from the medication is the hardest thing to explain to try and get anyone to understand unless they have walked or taken those medications. An accident (especially on the head or neck) is still to this day hurting my neck and head more than getting bucked off a horse or checked into the boards in hockey!! I also find just laying flat on my back (or sleeping without a pillow helps) and not so much noise, light or stimulation around me. Also the medications are ABSOLUTELY SCARY TO THE BONE!! However unconventional love, acceptance, comforting and faithful words from family and friends goes a VERY VERY LONG WAY I PROMISE!! For me I really don’t like being alone at all and just knowing I have someone who WHOLEHEARTEDLY BELIEVES AND HAS FAITH IN ME HELPS!! I am happy to hear he’s in a new rehab facility with LOTS OF NICE HEARTED STAFF AND PEOPLE. But just DON’T FORGET HIM! As hard as it is please be his rock, sound board and just give him unconditional love 💕. It goes a VERY LONG WAY!! I can get up now, but I do still find I prefer to lay down just so I feel like I can feel everything and be in a position where I won’t fall. Please have faith and god/creator bless you, your son and loved ones 🙏🏼🦅😇💗😊

Liked by 2 people

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 5, 2020 @ 11:15 AM

• The new rehab facility with nice hearted people, resulted in a broken arm due to abuse and neglect.

There is no perfect world.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 5, 2020 @ 11:37 AM

• Wow! I was just mentioning to a friend how there are long term repercussions on a persons body and wellbeing and health simply because of one medication. Yet why can’t those people be helped in a proper fashion with human compassion and caring? All it takes is a simple fall or even cold, flu or some form of Lyme disease to end up with epilepsy. I was asked one time why I still coach hockey and sports even though I have epilepsy? I said “because it’s my passion and maybe job to teach JOCKS to be human too with a heart and MAKE SURE THEY TOO NEVER GET HURT LIKE ME!!!!!!! For the LOVE OF THE SPORT AND THE PLAYERS AND TEAM!! 😊🙏🏼🙏🏼🦅🦅😇😇💞💕😘😘😘😘😘

Liked by 2 people

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 5, 2020 @ 12:15 PM

3. You’ll probably never realise just how incredibly appropriate this was for me as I read it this afternoon. Thank you so much.

Liked by 3 people

Comment by Margaret Hay — January 5, 2020 @ 12:00 PM

4. A long time ago an old man watching me frustrated & overwhelmed with the daily errands my mother assigned me to carry out told me,,, “Son, live for the moment”.
    Decades later, the wisdom of the old man continues to stick in mind, knowing that I got to appreciate, treasure & enjoy the moment before the moment is gone for eternity.
    Yes Phylis, It’s good to know that life has a lot to offer, far more bigger than epilepsy.
    Taking for grant the pleasure of what life has to offer may have clouded our appreciation for all the beauty in life & to “live for the moment”.
    Yes Phylis, Even in the darkest hours of our struggle with seizures, it’s comforting to know that lthere’s something to live for & laughter is the best medicine to heal our broken hearts & overcome the adversity we got to live with.
    Thanks for the wisdom of the old man, I learned to appreciate every moment of the day & stay strong to overcome the hardships of epilepsy & treasure the beauty in life.
    It has been said,,, “We shall overcome someday”! MLK
    Gerrie

Liked by 2 people

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — January 5, 2020 @ 10:43 PM

• Gerrie, I think that is my highest of ambitions.

Yes, I want to be proactive and yes, I want to plan for the future, but most of all I want to learn how to live for the moment.

Mindfulness always seems like some kind of psych babble. But I think I may understand it now.

Be in the present as much — or more than in the past — or in the future. That is my ambition.

Thank you for pointing that out.

As always, I’m grateful for you.

Liked by 2 people

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 5, 2020 @ 11:15 PM

• Phylis,,, I totally agree with you we all have aspirations & look foreword to make the most out of our lives.
        And therefore the point behind the old man’s message was treasure the moment & look at the good side of your daily errands & the accomplishments you’ve achieved before the moment turned into old memory.
        Looking back, I wish I was grateful enough to appreciate every moment of my life.
        Looking foreword, I intend to treasure every moment of my life.
        Gerrie

Liked by 4 people

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — January 6, 2020 @ 5:26 AM

5. Another semi-off-topic that may be of interest:

Liked by 2 people

Comment by HoDo — January 6, 2020 @ 11:18 AM

6. These quotes made me smile. Thanks so much.

Liked by 2 people

Comment by HoDo — January 6, 2020 @ 11:21 AM

7. Glad if I could bring a smile to your face! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 6, 2020 @ 11:31 AM

8. Goodafternoon Phylis 😊. Wow I lost your posts too today!! Hmmm

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 7, 2020 @ 5:23 PM

9. Which ones and how? Were they just comments? Cause someones I miss them, too.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 7, 2020 @ 5:33 PM

• Maybe it’s my fault? UH OH!! IF SO I AM SOOOOO SORRY PHYLIS!! Hmmm 🤔

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 7, 2020 @ 7:18 PM

• Maybe it’s my fault? UH OH!! IF SO I AM SOOOOO SORRY PHYLIS!! Hmmm 🤔. I’m still trying to figure this out!!

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 7, 2020 @ 7:19 PM

• Yes it was apparently a blog That I’m supposed have!! But I don’t have a blog I like you family!! 😊🦅😇💞

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 7, 2020 @ 8:59 PM

• It’s Like somehow I lost Everything!! All of your posts and everything!! Darn I like looking back on everything every now and then!!

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 7, 2020 @ 11:30 PM

10. I’m not sure!! Maybe I did something wrong because all of a sudden I have followers too!! YIKES!!!!!!!! 😳😳😳😳😳

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 7, 2020 @ 6:52 PM

• 🤣

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 7, 2020 @ 8:53 PM

• This is not funny 😳😰. I’m not very tech savvy 😳. That’s why I sent my husband back to school to become an I.T.Tech 😬

Comment by Kathy S.B — January 7, 2020 @ 9:19 PM