What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? | November 29, 2019

All of us have dreams. Some become reality…and some stay in our imaginations.

For me, writing was my “dream”.  And it became a reality when I discovered a way I could write without starving. 🙂

Not with photography. Although I was enthusiastic about it (and pretty good…I even taught 5th graders, which was a blast), I knew I’d never be a Brassai or Ansel Adams.

Third, there was the dream of becoming a ballerina. No competition for Margot Fonteyn, because when I twirled and swirled, the result was not pretty…passed out on the floor. (I had epilepsy, but that didn’t diminish my dream.)

How about you? What have you dreamed — or achieved — beyond your wildest dreams?

To subscribe to Epilepsy Talk, simply go to the bottom of the right column, enter your email address and click on “Follow”.

1. I wanted to go to the U.S. Naval Academy, but I had epilepsy.

Comment by Curtis McMurtrey — November 29, 2019 @ 8:06 PM

2. A friend of mine had the same problem. Except she had a seizure in Basic Training. The end of a life long dream. 😦

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 29, 2019 @ 9:46 PM

3. Growing up in the Red Sea shores of horn of Africa facing the middle east, watching my father using radio communication technology transmitting & receiving data in Morse code from & to ships, remote villages, towns & cities across the region, I was always fascinated by the technology & inspired to pursue very successful career in communication technology for 30 years, before the era of wireless network technology becoming the latest industrial revolution globally encompassing the cellphone, IPhone & computer industry, making the whole world a little place to live, by clicking few buttons on the keyboard.
    The inspiring father & fascinating technology ended up being life-time dream & life-long admiration of a man, dreaming to follow the footsteps of his inspiring father.
    And after 30 years of successful career in the communication industry, while Epilepsy may have sabotaged the successful career, epilepsy did NOT crash the lifetime dream.
    Happy Holidays!
    Gerrie

Liked by 2 people

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — November 30, 2019 @ 4:28 AM

• Further proof how strong you are to follow your dreams and succeed.

You never cease to amaze me, Gerrie!

I admire your perseverance so very much.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 30, 2019 @ 11:47 AM

4. Goodevening Phylis 😊. Lol wow dreams!! Hmmmm. I was planning on “Animal Sciences” 😊. However that changed after my grandma passed away 🙏🏼❤️. It was at that point I realized (after watching NUMEROUS FAMILY AND FRIENDS coming and going inside me and my grandma’s home I realized I WANTED PRAYED AND RECEIVED A GENTLEMAN I LOVE JUST AS MUCH OR MORE than my grandma so we can have our own children and family. Once he came out went animal sciences! Then came our brothers we raised together and 3 children of our own. At that point I realized EVERYONE OF THE CHILDREN WE RAISED AND OUR OWN CHILDREN WERE GOING TO ALL GRADUATE HIGHSCHOOL HERE IN OUR LITTLE TOWN!! I made it my own personal PRIVATE GOAL!!!!!!! We have a CHRISTMAS PARADE here in my little town and yesterday MY LITTLE FAMILY ALL GOT TO WATCH THE BABY ON THE HIGHSCHOOL GRADUATION 2020 FLOAT!!!!!!! 😃😃😃😃😃. Lol I’m not one to cry but I tell you YES I CHEERED THE LOUDEST OF EVERYONE AND WAS MOST PROUD MOMMY IN THE WORLD!!!!!!! SHE IS GRADUATING THIS COMING YEAR!!!!!!! 😊🙏🏼🦅😇❤️😘😘😘😘😘. Which means I DID IT TOO!! I SURVIVED AND HIT AN ALL TIME MILESTONE FOR MYSELF!!!!!!! I couldn’t be MORE PROUD OF MY BABY!! 😘😘😘😘😘. Of course that was until me and my husband got in our vehicle to leave (she was with my 2 older children) and I looked at him and said “WE DID IT!! I AM SO PROUD OF US AND ALL OF THEM AND HER MOSTLY!!!!!!! 😃😃”. He kind of laughed at me and said “YOU USED YOUR HOCKEY COACH VOICE AND CHEERED THE LOUDEST I SWEAR!!!!!!! 😃😃”. I very proud told him “YES I SURE DID!! 😃🙏🏼🦅😇💞”. Then it dawned on me I looked at him and he looked at me and all I could say was “NOW WHAT DO WE DO? 😳”!! And for a very long all I could do was CRY HAPPY TEARS!!!!!!! 😱😰😢😢😢😢😢😢😢. I WOULDN’T CHANGE A THING FOR THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!!!!!!! I am AN EPILEPTIC, A VERY PROUD WIFE AND MOMMY AND I WOULD NEVER CHANGE IT!! I GOT EXACTLY WHAT I PRAYED FOR!!!!!!! 😃🙏🏼🦅😇❤️😘😘😘😘😘😘😘💞💞💞💞💞

Comment by Kathy S.B — December 1, 2019 @ 10:12 PM

• It sounds like your grandma was a terrific inspiration.

Look at all you’ve accomplished in her memory.

Victory in a long accomplished family.

I couldn’t think of anything to be prouder of!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 2, 2019 @ 11:00 AM

• THANK YOU PHYLIS 😘🦅😇🙏🏼😇🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😘😘

Comment by Kathy S.B — December 2, 2019 @ 11:16 AM

5. My blood level just came back and it was set about six that is very low for me usually it’s always about 11 they sent it to a new company in Birmingham Alabama and they usually use a Memphis Tennessee company what do you think you think you could be wrong

Comment by Vincent Regan — December 3, 2019 @ 12:36 PM

• I really don’t know. But the blood level could be a reflection of the med levels in your blood.

I know when my blood levels were drastically low, it was determined that I was 50% below my therapeutic levels!

Whatever the case, it’s smart to have a second evaluation.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 3, 2019 @ 5:04 PM