What Is Your Inspiration? | November 13, 2019

“I want people with epilepsy to know that there are ways in which they can play a role in their own recovery.

It’s all in how they approach what is happening and how they can use that as a catalyst for their own growth.

If there’s one thing that I’ve learned, it’s that people are willing to embrace you if you share your story.”  —  Danny Glover

1. Again, before I try to comment, I had a GRAND MAL on Monday and alone when I was having it. They were some of my longest 25 minutes in my life considering there have been 5 other times I had a GRAND MAL seizure alone with ”’me myself & I”’ only being around. So whatever the reason is for being shut out of these E T comments, I know the feeling pretty well if this is a total exclusion & rejection of me, when I’ve kept asking why my comments are NOT being seen on this end of E T. I do keep my head looking UP for answers from God, because not one person here on this earth has the answer for me to end my seizures for life here. For all I have tried top help others with, & this is it, for what it’s worth.

Comment by jcdavis@hardynet.com — November 13, 2019 @ 9:45 AM

• I’m so sorry you had a seizure alone.
      Praying for you. In friendship, gwen

Comment by harmonyart1 — November 13, 2019 @ 1:26 PM

• JC,
      WE ARE ALL ON THIS TOGETHER!
      I don’t see any justified reason nor gainful benefits from blocking you to comment on this forum ET, for asking questions & sharing your experience about Epilepsy with all of us.
      Sorry to hear about your latest unfortunate predicament of having another grandmal seizure.
      I hope you realize that we are all living in your shoes, surviving one seizure after the other.
      And like Danny Glover pointed out, we’re ALL embracing you for sharing your experience with ALL of us & the rest of the world.
      Therefore, I would suggest you to check your internet connection to resolve WHY some of your comments are being interrupted or intermittent from making it to this forum.
      I suspect that your network coverage is NOT consistent therefore you may need to reconfigure & reset your network settings or buy a new product with strong network connection.
      Recovering from the latest seizure, I hope you feel better soon.
      Best Wishes
      Gerrie

Liked by 2 people

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — November 13, 2019 @ 3:48 PM

2. Your comment has been posted. Let’s hope that continues.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 13, 2019 @ 10:30 AM

3. Phylis, you are be a very big inspiration to me. When I read your story I thought to myself…..wow! Talking to other people who have epilepsy is also very very valuable. There’s so many of us out there!
    When I read Vincent Van Gogh’s life story I really realized how very very lucky we are to be living with epilepsy in this day and age. Years ago I would have been institutionalized. Somehow this turned my thinking around from feeling sorry for myself to being grateful.

Liked by 2 people

Comment by Eve Quigley — November 13, 2019 @ 11:46 AM

4. Oh Eve, we’re all grateful for our achievements. And you should be, too.

I may not be Vincent Gogh, but I’m proud of this labor of love. And I’m thankful that you enjoy it, too. 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 13, 2019 @ 12:21 PM

5. Thanks to the inspiring hero Danny Glover, standing out in front of the whole world speaking for the downtrodden voiceless masses of the whole world, we’ve come a long way from being maltreated like cursed demons & lynched like wicked witches.
    Thanks to vocal voices of hope, the doomsday for victims of Epilepsy are long gone, breaking down the barriers of paranoid society & the barracks of social stigma.
    Gerrie

Liked by 2 people

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — November 13, 2019 @ 4:17 PM

6. Never had a grand mal and hope I never do.hope you are ok now.

Comment by lanceminnis — November 25, 2019 @ 1:05 AM