21 Praises of Wisdom to Pass On… | July 28, 2018

1.   Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

2.   Marry a man/woman you love to talk to.  As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

3.   Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.

4.   When you say, “I love you,” mean  it.

5.   When you say, “I’m sorry,” look the person in the  eye.

6.   Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

7.   Believe in love at first sight.

8.   Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. People who don’t have dreams don’t have much.

9.   Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but, it’s the only way to live life completely.

10.  In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

11.  Don’t judge people by their relatives.

12. Talk slowly but think quickly.

13. When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”

14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

15. Say “bless you” when you hear someone sneeze.

16. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.

17.  Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

18.  Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

19. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

20. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.

21. Spend some time alone.

To subscribe to Epilepsy Talk and receive notifications of new posts by email, simply go to the bottom of the right column and click on where it says “Follow”

1. Very good words Phylis. Thanks for sharing

Comment by Eve Quigley — July 28, 2018 @ 5:38 PM

2. Wisdom, indeed! Thank you for posting such positive thoughts!

Comment by catsissie — July 28, 2018 @ 5:40 PM

3. So appreciate you and your written words!

Comment by Cindy — July 28, 2018 @ 11:28 PM

4. Ty so much for taking the time to encourage us all to live better lives! God bless you!

Liked by 2 people

Comment by careadvocatecom — July 28, 2018 @ 11:29 PM

5. Brilliant credos.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Gerrie

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — July 29, 2018 @ 4:17 AM

6. #12,, My grandmother taught all of us to do opposite. Hold your tongue and count to 10. Quick thinking always gets most people in trouble, she said. She said to, you may regret what you say. I talk slow enough as it is. it’s natural. You could have 22, that one being…. STAY OFF ALL SMART & CELL PHONES. Invite and see people face to face. In other words, act human, especially when you drive. #15,, ”God” before bless you.

Comment by CD — July 29, 2018 @ 7:02 AM

7. Phylis Feiner Johnson, with regard to point #2, what if you have someone who is in a same-sex relationship? I see nothing wrong with this personally, seeing as it is really none of my business.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — July 29, 2018 @ 1:26 PM

8. Phylis Feiner Johnson, point #2 is interesting to me. Do you have an opinion on same-sex marriage or does it not really matter to you? Seeing as how it won’t affect me directly, I feel that I should have no right to render judgement in this regard. That which neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket is of no real concern to me. All I can say is that what goes on behind closed doors, to put it crudely, is none of my business. Quite frankly, I fail to see why people who are not gay feel the need to even discuss this issue actively on the political scene. We should find more legitimate concerns than what goes on in people’s private lives. That which neither breaks a person’s leg or picks their pocket is a pointless issue to discuss. What are your thoughts?

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — July 29, 2018 @ 1:35 PM

9. IF people would respect God & his words, laws & commandments, maybe none of us would have seizures and all sickness & diseases would have never been. I myself have been told because of SIN IN THE GARDEN was why my seizures happened to me, which I say maybe that is partly true, but not the 100% only reason that I or anyone else lives with seizures or whatever a person lives with. WHO someone lives with if it is not approved by God, then maybe some vengeance is in store for those who do not care what God thinks or says. When people do try to live the right ways & still bad thinks continue to happen, while others could care less how life is to be lived, and does whatever with NO problems in life, it is then I ask where is the God of Justice ? In Psalm 37 it does say that the unrighteous will suffer in the sight of the righteous, but I have not yet to see that happen, not that I am saying I am righteous or know others who are unrighteous who I know could care less that God says or thinks. I just ask anyone with the answer to this, HOW can anyone live any way at all & have NO conscience about what they do & how they live & not worry what or how God thinks or says about it ? I asked that to point out what PSALM 119:71 says,,, I thank God for my distresses / disability,,that I may know his ways / statues. PSALM 32:8 helps too,, I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way thou shall go. I will guide thee with thine eye upon you. I always think of my aunt who’s blind who’s 92 when reading that verse, as she’s been blind now for 45 years .

Comment by CD — July 29, 2018 @ 6:44 PM

• I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I believe God’s Word and try to live my faith. Really the Bible is a miraculous book to have survived all these years. I love everyone but not everyone’s choices. They do affect me indirectly. If you’re open try reading Jude, the book just before Revelations near the end of the Bible. It refers to same sex relationships. Same sex attraction is not wrong in God’s eyes but what we choose to do with those feelings can lead to serious repercussions.
      No offense to anyone. Just sharing my perspective.
      Living with cancer of the central nervous system that is in some sort of remission that lead to epilepsy is no fun. I have lots of break through seizures. When I die I want to meet my maker and hear, Well done good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of your salvation!
      Wish the best for you all.

Comment by Nancy — August 1, 2018 @ 10:34 AM

10. I am a 48 yr old women. I’ve been on lamictal for 8yrs. I’ve had problems with my gums and teeth have suffered since on it. I’ve put thousands of dollars on my mouth since I started. I’ve been told I need implants put in. We don’t have the money to put into it. Is there a program out there that can help?

Comment by Michelle — July 31, 2018 @ 12:53 AM

11. May I share this on Facebook? Thanks for the posts you put up on here!

Comment by Travis — August 1, 2018 @ 11:31 AM

12. Let me share with you something that happened today that inspired & restored my faith to believe there are still good caring people around this world, willing to reach out to some strangers they don’t even know nor met before & share their precious time & invaluable wisdom, brightening the day for all the people around the public park I’ve come to spend & enjoy the nice summer evenings.
    Sitting in a public park with a good friend paralyzed from stroke since 20 years ago, a group of young men & women politely asked us for our permission to join our conversations & explained themselves being interested in meeting new people they never met before.
    Surprised with their cordial interest, we were very happy to spend the evening chatting & laughing at general conversations we all had to share.
    An hour later, it was time for the group to leave.
    But before they left, they passed around their pamphlets with the following message printed on the pamphlets.

SPREAD THE WORD. SHARE THE LOVE.
    1. Give a compliment & a hug to someone you care about.
    2. Pay for the coffee, the toll or the bus fare for the person behind you.
    3. Compliment a stranger.
    4. Hold the door for someone.
    5. Call your parents & tell them you love them.
    6. Reach out & thank a person who has made a difference your life.
    7. Sign up to volunteer & give your time to those in need.

Liked by 2 people

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — August 2, 2018 @ 1:03 AM

13. I am inclined to agree with #21. Generally speaking, I do not mind being around people. However, I find too much background sound to be distasteful.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — August 3, 2018 @ 3:03 PM