Gratitude is the Attitude | November 20, 2017

A wise woman once told me:

“When you wake up in the morning — before you get out of bed — think of 5 (or 10!) things that you’re really grateful for.”

(I think 10 is a bit of a stretch.)

That simple advice, changed my attitude. And my life.

We have so much to be grateful for, especially me:

1. For your support, strength and caring…

2. Your smart, sensitive advice…

3. The compassion you share so generously…

4. All of your kind, wise encouragement…

5. Your never-ending love and dedication…

You are MY godsend…today, tomorrow and always.

1. I’m sending a very big hug to you.

That’s a ditto in your five.

Me,I am so glad I found you,although we have never met in person I regard you highly.

Thank you for all your hard work Phyllis.

Comment by Berenice John — November 20, 2017 @ 12:59 PM

• Batch ‘actcha Bernice! Glad for all dittos, all caring, sharing and all of you.

Where did you live?

I just spent in weekend with Mary Ellen Gambon in NYC this weekend! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 20, 2017 @ 2:07 PM

• Just outside of London UK.

My bucket list includes a trip to NYC.

Hopefully in the next couple of years.😊

Comment by Berenice John — November 20, 2017 @ 2:57 PM

• I would LOVE to meet you.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 20, 2017 @ 3:05 PM

2. That’s mutual,when I get to go to NYC I will let you know.

Comment by Berenice John — November 20, 2017 @ 3:19 PM

3. You bet!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 20, 2017 @ 3:44 PM

4. Hello,

The attached video is if my son. Any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely, Camille Rubin 847-306-0270

Sent from my iPhone

Comment by Camille Rubin — November 20, 2017 @ 6:36 PM

• WOW!!!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 20, 2017 @ 6:59 PM

• You must be so proud of Joey,that was emotional to watch.
        What an amazing young man he is.👏🏻😊

Comment by Berenice John — November 21, 2017 @ 1:42 AM

• Every time I feel like “I can’t go on with this nightmare”, I get to read about some inspiring hero/heroines beating the odds & overcome the struggle against Epilepsy to successfully achieve some normalcy in their lives & continue to pursue more achievements in their lives.
      Reading these successful trials against formidable odds, makes me think I can do a whole better than just being bitter, angry & frustrated with my condition.
      Yes, I’m very grateful for everyone sharing their struggles & achievements overcoming the ordeals of Epilepsy.
      Thanks to all of you, I made it this far.

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — November 21, 2017 @ 10:19 PM

• Your optimism and positivity are inspiring. I’m grateful you’ve found a home here.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 22, 2017 @ 8:43 AM

5. Reblogged this on catsissie.

Comment by catsissie — November 21, 2017 @ 2:19 AM

6. Thank YOU, Philys, for sharing your advice, the results of your research, and your experience with us. More than that, thanks for giving us a forum to share with one another. It’s one big thing to be grateful for, when we often need to know someone else gets it.

Comment by catsissie — November 21, 2017 @ 2:30 AM

7. Finding this caring family, Epilepsy Talk, ordinary people sharing their experiences is the most important therapy I have gained in my struggle with Epilepsy.
    Thanks to all of you, it’s great to know, there’s relief out here, when everything seemed lost to Epilepsy.
    Gerrie

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — November 22, 2017 @ 2:38 PM

• Gerrie, you are the pillar of this family — from whom we draw strength and sustenance. The front light that welcomes us home with compassion and caring. The truest of beloved family members.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 22, 2017 @ 5:41 PM

• Phyllis,
        Thank you for your compassionate compliment.
        I hope, my contribution is as much as helpful, as the benefits I’ve gained from all members of this inspiring forum.
        Happy Holidays!

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — November 23, 2017 @ 2:47 AM

• Gerrie, you are someone to give thanks for. Happy Thanksgiving.

(Why did you change your name?)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 23, 2017 @ 8:46 AM

• Good Question Phyllis,
        I was as much as surprised & shocked to see my Log-in name changed, as you are.
        Then I realized, “updating” the Android operation software of my Iphone, Ipad, Laptop,,, means replacing the “need” to log in with my old ID & password in ALL/MOST common Websites & forums, I visit.
        The idea may have been intended to minimize the log-in process, eliminating the need to “remember & enter” the online name/ID & password of the websites one is accustomed to visit usually, but the “updated” log-in system seem to create some confusion the users have to get over with & get used too.
        Thanks for recognizing the difference, please bear with me until I got accustomed to my new “updated” ID & Welcome to corporate monopoly!

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — November 23, 2017 @ 10:00 PM

• So, this is your new name? Gerrie is “gone”?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 24, 2017 @ 9:05 AM

• Yes Phyllis, Thanks to Google’s manipulation “updating Android”, I’m afraid my old original ID, “Gerrie” is gone.

Comment by BahreNegash Eritrea — November 27, 2017 @ 1:10 PM

8. Be grateful for what you do have, if you only have half a cup or glass , it’s half full , don’t think it’s half empty!!

Comment by John — November 22, 2017 @ 6:14 PM