10 Companies Hiring for Jobs You Can Do at Home | July 8, 2017

These companies have remote jobs that may be great for people with chronic illnesses or disabilities.

1. Unless we have other health problems too, this is just another way of hiding people with epilepsy away, the reason I was having so many seizures is because I was stuck at home alone 24/7, some of us can deal with it, but I need to be with people, chatting busy and feeling accomplished at the end of the day. I resent the fact that employers in the U.K at least, see the condition and not the person.
    I hope it will help others that take these jobs on, and I’m going to keep trying to prove that I can get back to work.

Comment by Elaine Howell — July 17, 2017 @ 5:22 AM

• An interesting and brilliant point of view.

I don’t necessarily agree, but I see your point clearly.

Hats off to you for your attitude, your perseverance and your moxie!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — July 17, 2017 @ 7:46 AM

• Thanks for that, I’ve been trying to raise awareness for 25 yrs now, giving public talks, and radio interviews, society, and employers know nothing about epilepsy, and are scared. I’ve lost ten jobs since 1986 and remain to this day unemployed. Society think only of what were petit and grand mal, and think all of us are photosensitive.
        Keep up the good work here. 👍

Comment by Elaine Howell — July 20, 2017 @ 12:42 PM

2. Elaine, thank you for YOUR good work!!! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — July 20, 2017 @ 12:53 PM

3. ! K at least, run across the consideration and not the individual.

Comment by amaranto es — September 12, 2017 @ 7:59 AM

4. I honestly sometimes wish for a job at Home because it would be a lot safer for me and still keep me busy and that’s more so what I need in a job … but most if not all of the people with Epilepsy need that connection… that chatty conversational time with others that you don’t get stuck at home .. I for one know this first hand … I look to my job more for the bonding experiences of gaining friends and just meeting people in town or then the oh boy I’m gonna get paid … but employers don’t see us as employees they see us more as Liabilities and lost causes and it’s sad because most of us can do the work if not more then the people the stores have but they don’t wanna take the time and see us…

Comment by Kyle Appel — September 23, 2017 @ 7:39 PM

• That’s the thing I’ve missed most of as a freelancer. The friendship, shared experiences, boding, even the cookies someone brings in to munch on! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — September 24, 2017 @ 9:21 AM

5. I am happy for a job at home and Very grateful . I am very social and have a world of personal friendships and do ton’s of social events outside my home.
    I love the at home work Option for a person like myself ,and I am very grateful to companies that is understanding of any kind of disability ,and person that’s into working freely and safe at home .Thanks

Comment by S Moscova — September 24, 2017 @ 6:30 PM

• I agree with that. It’s nice to have the flexibility. Sometimes I don’t get to work until later in the morning and then can work at night with no problem. And I have a great boss. ME! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — September 25, 2017 @ 8:31 AM

6. I am in search of a job that I can do from home. Like many of you I have tried working outside of my home but my limitations with anxiety, depression and epilepsy have definitely caused a problem. I have to make sure that I get enough sleep because of epilepsy and some nights it is difficult to get to sleep at a decent hour, so many times I find myself having to sleep in for the mornings so working from home would be great for me. If anyone knows of a ligit job that I can do online from home please let me know! Thanks for your help in advance!

Comment by Angie — October 18, 2017 @ 1:19 PM

• Angie, these ARE legit jobs:

1. Aetna
      One of the largest health insurance providers in the U.S., Aetna hires remote employees for a number of different job types. According to its website, the company has more than 100 offices across the U.S. and more than 43 percent of its employees telecommute.

The company pays both salaried and hourly employees a minimum base wage of $16 an hour and provides a variety of benefits including health insurance and enhanced medical benefits. These enhanced benefits, the company claims, can save eligible workers up to $4,000 on out-of-pocket health care costs.

You can search remote offerings here by selecting “yes” under “potential telework positions.”

2. Amazon
      America’s largest online retailer plans to add 5,000 part-time remote employees this year. According to CNBC, these customer service positions will pay approximately $10 per hour. For those interested in working in a different department, Amazon offers remote positions for managers and engineers.

Full-time remote employees also receive a number of medical benefits including company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, reimbursement for adoptions and a “ramp back” program which allows new moms or primary caregivers eight weeks of flexible time to return to the workforce.

You can search remote offerings here by typing “virtual locations” where it says “location.”

3. Apple
      If you are technologically savvy, a remote position at Apple may be appealing. Apple’s at-home advisors and team managers are virtual positions which provide technical support throughout the U.S. and internationally.

MIGHTY PARTNER RESOURCES
      Resources for educators via RespectAbility USA
      The full-time positions come with time off, benefits and discounts on Apple products. The company says it prides itself on inclusion and is always “exploring new ways to support employees with disabilities.”

You can search remote offerings here by typing “at home” into the search bar.

4. Hilton
      One of the largest hospitality groups in the U.S., Hilton routinely hires virtual employees for positions across the country. In addition to being remote, many positions also offer flexible schedules for employees unable to work from 9 to 5.

Some full-time positions may require occasional travel depending on the role. Full-time jobs come with benefits, as do customer service positions.

You can search remote offerings here by typing “remote” or “virtual” where it says “keyword.”

5. Humana
      Insurance company Humana offers a variety of work-from-home positions as part of its workforce. Employees receive health and financial benefits and have the opportunity to receive overtime and bonuses.

Remote positions range from financial services, sales and customer care. Humana was named a “Top 25 Noteworthy Company” by DiversityInc in 2015. The company also prioritizes hiring veterans with disabilities.

You can search remote offerings here by selecting “Virtual/Work At Home” at the bottom of the page where it says “Work Environment Type.”

6. Mozilla
      If Firefox is your favorite browser, you may want to work for Mozilla, an internet company and foundation, which offers remote positions throughout the U.S. and internationally. The company honors the work preferences of its employees, stating, “If you work best from home, that’s not a problem. We can support you anywhere.”

Opportunities are available for engineers and developers in addition to some business development and managerial roles. Full-time employees receive medical benefits and other technology-based perks.

You can search remote offerings here.

7. Nielson
      Interested in what people are watching on TV? If so, you may want to work for Nielson, which tracks viewing habits of people across the U.S.

Full-time positions are available in a variety of fields including engineering, business services and analytics. The company also offers a benefits package including health care and dependent care spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability coverage, supplemental and dependent life insurance and an employee assistance program.

You can search remote offerings here by typing “remote” where it says “location.”

8. Phillips
      Consumer product company Phillips offers home-based jobs around the globe for a variety of positions. Available positions include engineering, sales, informatics and customer service.

Full-time positions come with benefits, although some remote roles require extensive travel. The company also offers an employee assistance program for military veterans to support their mental and physical health.

You can search remote offerings here by typing “home based” where it says “Where.”

9. United Healthcare
      Interested in working in health care? United Healthcare provides more than just remote jobs related to the health insurance business.

United Healthcare also partners with agencies and the government, through programs such as Welfare to Work and Lifeworks, to hire and support job candidates with disabilities.

Available virtual roles include behavioral analysts, social workers, nursing positions and managerial opportunities. Full-time positions with benefits and hourly roles are also options.

You can search remote offerings here by typing “telecommute” where it says “Enter Keyword.”

10. Xerox
      Xerox’s virtual office program currently employs 8,000 remote employees. The company also prioritizes hiring veterans as part of its Heroes@Home program.

Virtual positions include customer care, tech support, programming and quality control. Remote employees are also eligible for benefits such as health insurance, life insurance and child and elder care assistance.

11. Salesforce
      Despite its name, Salesforce is hiring for more than just sales jobs. Current open remote positions include engineers, management roles, finance — and, of course, sales.

Remote jobs come with comprehensive medical benefits including additional benefits for parents and those looking to start a family. These include 26 weeks of paid parental leave, adoption and infertility benefits and a flexible return to work program.

You can search remote offerings here by typing “US Remote” at the top of the page where it says “Where.”

And just so you know… The Mighty also hires remote employees! Our contributing editors work from around the globe, editing stories submitted by The Mighty’s community. Each contributing editor has personal experience with the topics they are editing. We are not hiring for this position at this time, but updates will be sent in our weekly contributor newsletter as soon as we are.

SIMPLY CLICK ON THE LINKS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 18, 2017 @ 2:02 PM