Natural Herbal Remedies for Epilepsy | January 16, 2015

Long before Dilantin and Phenobarbital, there was epilepsy. And herbal remedies.

Of course, these herbal epilepsy remedies are NOT substitutes to anti-seizure medications, but are more like a supplementary support. Most of them work by preventing a seizure and other symptoms of epilepsy. (NYU Langone Medical Center estimates that 20 percent of people taking prescription drugs also use herbs.)

Some may sound weird and others familiar. But hey, how can you argue with success?

Ash Gourd:

For some reason, this particular type of gourd is believed to have healing powers for those who suffer from seizures. Therefore using ash gourd as a home remedy for epilepsy can help to relieve the symptoms and prevent seizures.

Eating the gourd or drinking the juice of it can help, but turning to a supplement featuring this type of gourd can provide the best relief and is highly recommended as a natural cure.

Bacopa Leaf:

Used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine, the Bacopa leaf, or Brahmi, is an effective home remedy for epilepsy. It is a powerful nerve health promoter and is known to enhance memory, concentration as well as treat epilepsy. It enhances nerve health and protects the neurons against damage, keeping seizures at bay.

Black Cohosh:

Highly recommended in numerous respected publications. Like many of the herbs already mentioned, it’s considered a sedative and antispasmodic and has been extensively used for epilepsy.

Blue Vervain:

Worth mentioning here after reading old American herb doctors tales of their successes with stubborn cases of epilepsy. Blue Vervain is another wonderful herb used by many cultures all over the world. It is an American Indian remedy for several diseases including nervous afflictions.

Castor Oil:

A natural emollient that penetrates the surface layers of the skin, making it softer and more supple. The effects of externally applied castor oil can be enhanced through the use of a “castor oil pack” — a piece of wool flannel saturated with the oil and applied to the body. Use of a pack allows the greatest penetration in a specific area of the body. The application of heat further increases this penetration, allowing the oil to better impart its qualities to the body.

Chamomile Tea:

Known for its antioxidant and cleansing properties, chamomile tea can also abate the symptoms of epilepsy. It’s a natural soothing agent and works by calming the nerves. If you feel you have a seizure coming, you should definitely try this remedy. Sipping a strong chamomile tea can be of great help. Boil some water and add a teabag of chamomile tea. Allow it to steep for at least 15 minutes, making sure that the tea is very strong. Sipping it will immediately soothe your on-edge nerves.

Coconut Water:

Ever experience that totally refreshed and cool feeling after drinking coconut water on a sweltering day? That’s because coconut water is a magic potion loaded with vital minerals, electrolytes, and water. These three things promote better neuron health and keeps the neurological system cranked up, ensuring proper functioning of the brain.

Garlic:

Most easily found in every home, garlic is full of medicinal benefits. To use it as a home remedy for epilepsy, take equal quantities of water and milk. To this, add 3-4 crushed cloves of garlic. Boil the mixture well and drink a glass of this mixture everyday. The water and milk keep your body hydrated and replenished with minerals, while the garlic has many properties for improving neurological health.

Epsom Salt:

Magnesium sulfate, as it is also known as, has a wonderful effect on nerve health. This is a naturally found salt that is rich in magnesium and sulfur, which are both responsible for better absorption of calcium by the body. The magnesium also helps by maintaining proper nerve functioning, reducing stress, and eliminating toxins. Simply taking one tablespoon of Epsom salt every day with a glass of water can prove beneficial for epilepsy. Some businesses focus on selling entirely pure “food grade” Epsom salt, which contains magnesium sulphate. Whether there’s truth to these claims is unproven. The best amount to take is about a tsp. every morning, should you decide to use Epsom salt.

Essential Oils:

Essential oils are natural soothing and calming agents. Oils of lavender, ylang ylang, and chamomile can be used daily to keep up nerve health and to reduce anxiety and stress related to epilepsy.

False Pepper:

False pepper is a vine with tiny flowers that are yellow-green in color, and  are typically found throughout India. Alternative medicine makes use of the bark, leaves and fresh fruit to handle a variety of problems. These problems include parasites, rheumatism, stomach difficulties, skin diseases, tumors, psychological problems, and convulsions. The active component in the plant is embelin, and it has anti-fertility, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor and anti-oxidant properties. Embelin is a member of a chemical class called benzoquinone, and derivatives of quinone have anticonvulsant properties.

Frankincense:

The essential oil of choice for any kind of brain disorder. Frankincense has a molecular makeup that includes sesquiterpenes, derived from plants, that is able to cross the blood/brain barrier. These sesquiterpenes stimulate the limbic system of the brain and other glands within the brain, promoting memory and releasing emotions. Frankincense slows down and deepens the breath. The therapeutic properties of Frankincense oil are antiseptic, digestive, diuretic, and sedative.

Indian Gooseberry:

Amla, is a wonderful fruit, whose benefits never ceases to surprise. Not only is it the richest source of Vitamin C, it also has loads of antioxidants and minerals. One glass of amla juice taken on an empty stomach can help relieve the symptoms of epilepsy and prevent seizures.

Licorice:

Once again, licorice or Mulethi, proves that it is much more than what we know it to be. Grind some licorice and add it to a tablespoon of honey. Take this homemade medicine every day to find relief from epilepsy and its symptoms. CAUTION: Do not consume licorice during pregnancy for any reason as it may cause premature labor!

Lobelia:

Lobelia is an effective herb that was historically used in the treatment of epilepsy. It has anti-spasmotic action that helps in abating seizures.

Motherwort:

This is a historic way of treating epilepsy since this serves as a nerve tonic and sedative. The tonic is extracted by boiling the herb in hot water. Daily consumption is effective in treating epilepsy.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids:

These are a group of essential acids that promote overall good health. These fatty acids reduce cholesterol and artery blockages, which in turn reduces the effects of ageing and improve nerve and brain health. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids are fish and nuts. Make sure you include these in your diet on a regular basis to prevent seizures. These foods are also rich in vital minerals and nutrients that are important for healthy nerves and brain functioning.

Onion:

For treating epilepsy, extract the juice of 2-3 onions and mix it well in water. Drink a glass of this mixture daily for at least 2 months and you will find great relief from your symptoms.

Skullcap:

Traditionally, it has been used for delirium tremens, St. Vitus’ dance, convulsions, seizures, hysterical states, lockjaw, tremors and epilepsy.

Sesame Oil:

A massage of this lesser known oil can help to immediately soothe the symptoms of epilepsy. Take a little warm sesame oil and massage it well onto the soles of the feet, temples and palms. This works well if done at bedtime after which you can get a good dose of calm sleep.

Valerian:

Currently one of the most popular orthodox antispasmodic medications in Russia and Germany according to Daniel Mowrey author of Herbal Tonic Therapies. It’s anticonvulsant action has been useful in treating epilepsy. Valerian was used in the First World War to prevent shell shock in front-line troops. Valerian is classified as a tonic herb. It can regulate and balance opposite extremes. Recent research has shown it to be a sedative but more research has reported it can also stimulate in a way as to improve coordination, increase concentration and energy. This tonic nature of Valerian allows it to depress or stimulate where necessary depending on the current needs of the nervous system. Another way Valerian has been characterized by clinical studies is that it has neurotropic effects directly on higher centers of the central nervous system. One of the most remarkable aspects of Valerian is the almost total lack of toxicity, even with long-term use.

Violet Tree:

The violet tree is a little tree with fragrant purple flowers indigenous to the more tropical parts of Africa. Alternative medicine practitioners use the roots to handle a variety of physical and psychological problems such as discomfort, irritation, nervousness, headache and epilepsy. Research has  compared the extract of the root of the violet tree to phenobarbitone, which is an anti-convulsant drug. This research confirmed the conventional usage of the violet tree as a natural treatment for epilepsy. More studies are necessary to support these results.

Herbs you should not take according to www.epilepy.com

Basil

Fennel

Hyssop

Rosemary

Sage

Tansy

Tarragon

Wintergreen

Note: Precautions with herbs. Evening Primrose Oil and Borage can lower your seizure threshold. Sage and Hyssop can be pro-convulsant. Some herbs decrease the level of anticonvulsants in your body. Watch out for toxins and pesticides in unregulated herbs. And most herbs should be avoided by pregnant women.

To subscribe to Epilepsytalk.com and get the latest articles by email, simply go to the bottom box on the right, enter your email address and click on “Follow”.

1. Thanks for this, Phyllis. What do you think about Magnesium Taurate? It is supposed to be easier on the digestive system, and more easily assimilated. It seems to help our son to relax. He has issues with anxiety too.

Comment by Martha — January 16, 2015 @ 11:21 AM

• I finally found it in research. Sounds great, but it doesn’t apply to epilepsy per se. However, it sounds like a wonderful solution to what you’re using it for!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 16, 2015 @ 12:59 PM

2. Add redox signaling molecues from Asea to your list. Repairs damaged cellsor replaces them. http://www.4redox.com

Comment by Todd Haenisch — January 16, 2015 @ 12:18 PM

• Todd, it sounds fascinating, but I don’t think it specifically applies to epilepsy.

But it is a brilliant find. Do you take it?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 16, 2015 @ 1:07 PM

3. One of the people in an online group is always bragging about. ‘smoking’ pot. Are they just getting stoned and avoiding reality or is some of that cbd oil helping? What do you think?
    BTW . I have NO intention of ever trying that!

Comment by Charlie — January 18, 2015 @ 8:24 PM

• I must say I said the exact same thing about medical mirjuana, that I would never, but after a lot of research I tried high cbd and went over a year seizure free!! I got away from it for a few months and started having them again. It was when my 86 year old grandmother told me not be crazy and “get that marijuana into you” that I started again and have had an amazing response to it. I simply use the drops of oil! I recommend this to anyone and everyone with epilepsy!!!

Comment by Emily — February 8, 2017 @ 9:35 PM

• Good for you Emily! And thanks to your grandmother.

Glad to see you’re having so much success.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 9, 2017 @ 4:21 PM

4. I think medical marijuana has saved children’s lives (medical science proves that) and for the most, it is not recreational but a means to abate the pain and symptoms of their condition.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 19, 2015 @ 9:37 AM

5. Thank you Phylisus I am getting ready to order Frankincense and Lavender. I am also ordering a diffuser . It’s worth a try if it helps my daughter! We are on are on the 8th day of Lamictal and she has atleast one or two small partial complex seizure . But she has not had any Gran Mal since last Wednesday ! She seems to be better in the afternoon but around 5:00 pm and 7:00 she gets a small partial complex seizure ! I know I need to give the medicine time. I have two places I am looking into to order the oils DoTerra or Native American Nutritional. I have been reading a lot on them!

Comment by Mona Rowe — January 29, 2015 @ 7:44 PM

6. GREAT! Yes, just give the Lamictal time to work.

If you have a verified health store near, you could get the Lavender and Frankincense there.

Otherwise, stick to your original plan (with the diffuser).

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 30, 2015 @ 9:39 AM

7. Hi Phylis ,
    My daughter is on her 12 day of Lamictal they are increasing it faster because she was having a lot do partial complex seizures on on the first five days she was on it. She is still taking her generic Keppra 1000mg twice a day. She has a a partial complex seizure everyday around 5:00 or 7:00 pm but they are becoming shorter and shorter not lasting long and she is starting to recover faster from them. My essential oils should be in tomorrow and my diffuser came today. She has a violin completion this weekend so I trying to keep stress down and have a lot of faith she will be ok! Hope you are feeling better from your fall!

Comment by Mona Rowe — February 2, 2015 @ 10:10 PM

• A violin competition! Wow, she’s got spirit.

If she starts getting nervous, like any of us would, try some relaxation exercises. Like…

1. Deep breathing. (This is my old stand-by, I do it regularly and it works for me.)

I breath in through my nostrils with pursed lips from the diaphragm. (Note: ribs rise as opposed to tummy.)

Then exhale twice as long as inhaling. Ten times in a row is best. Or you can try more if you’re feeling really tense.

If you’re having trouble relaxing before going to bed, try 3-5 times. I try to make it a habit.

The beauty of this is that you can do it any time, any where, and as long as you need to, until that nasty panic goes away.

2. Visualization. I think of a particular happy experience (or two) and sort of let it take over my body. Like watching the waves crash. Or eating a lobster roll in Maine.

3. Music. Make it calming music like she’s accustomed to, put on some comfy headphones and sit in a peaceful place — undisturbed — for 30 minutes.

4. Walking. It’s burns off nervous energy and let’s you focus on other things. Sounds, sights, your general surroundings. It’s just a matter of “being in the moment.”

I know this sounds weird, but: is her competition around “seizure time”? Because you might want to run through at least a series of deep breathing exercises before.

Good luck with the oil. Let me know what happens on all fronts.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 3, 2015 @ 9:02 AM

8. Thank you for all your suggestion! I appreciate it!

Comment by Mona Rowe — February 8, 2015 @ 11:19 AM

9. Phyllis,

There are so many foods containing basil, rosemary, and fennel (especially Italian dishes). Should they all be avoided?

Comment by Martha — February 8, 2015 @ 11:52 AM

10. Martha, I think it’s a different case for each individual.

What’s bad for one person isn’t necessarily “bad” for another.

I wouldn’t swear off Italian food. (I couldn’t.)

But I wouldn’t be starting an herb garden either! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 8, 2015 @ 12:49 PM

11. Hi, Phyllis,
    Do you have any experience with, or knowledge of, dimethylglycine (DMG)? I’ve read many anecdotal testimonies from people who claim it is beneficial in both epilepsy and autism. You can buy it over the counter (or at Amazon). Some people say it helped a lot.

Comment by Martha — May 11, 2015 @ 2:53 PM

12. I’m sorry Martha. You have stumped the chump.

I know nothing about it. 😦

I could google it if you wish. But I’m sure you’ve already done that!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — May 11, 2015 @ 3:10 PM

13. Cannabis is also a good herb

Comment by Bram Tonnaer — May 16, 2015 @ 9:50 AM

14. Wow! This is a great one and so are the replies and comments!! I stumped too by the DMG Martha 🙂 Great question, I will have to look into that too.

“Smoking Pot” is definitely NOT something I would try or do around anyone especially epileptics as many are sensitive to smells and I am one of them; it can be a trigger but the CBD oil does not have the odor nor does the pills. The only question I have regarding all this stuff about the oil and cannabis and marijuana is whether or not it leaves you with that “high” and impaired feeling. So many of us who already taking AEDs complain about feeling ‘fuzzy’ headed. It’s one thing to have pain relief but will CBD leave us feeling impaired and high? I don’t know and therefore need to know more….
    Charlie, I brought this up to my neurologist during my last visit and was told at the next neurological meeting Cannabis is going to be the hot topic. For sure we will be hearing a lot more about it as it does appear to have beneficial effects but like you, I have many questions 🙂

God Bless your talented daughter Mona Rowe! How wonderful!! I had seizures as a child and my mother noted there were specific times I seemed to have more of them or about when they would occur too. Your daughter’s time seems to be right after a busy day from school when her body might be due for a little rest. Sleep/rest deprivation is a big trigger for seizures. Is it possible, along with the using the aromatherapy, to allow her to take a short rest to give her body a break? You may have to experiment with the time and adjust accordingly but that is the first thing that jumped out at me. Kids have incredible schedules today and she just may need that time. I take a little down time when I get home from work, I have to or I can’t function but I’m much older! LOL
    There is also another essential oil highly recommended and very soothing and it is Jasmine. It can also be found in any health food store and used in a diffuser. The only Lavender I’ve been told to avoid is Spike Lavender so I do.

Phylis I found it very interesting what you wrote about Basil and herb gardens. I’m astounded! You’re right, every case really is different as Basil has never seemed to bother me at all and I cook with it all the time and love the smell of it. I love herb gardens too! Now I am completely stumped! I didn’t know Tarragon wasn’t good as it hasn’t appeared to bother me but Rosemary has an awful effect. The problem is I can’t tell if the effect is worse before or after I’ve cooked with it! I also suffer with migraines and need to cross check some of these as the ones with very strong odors will be the ones to bother me the most so I avoid them altogether. Any advice on where to look for a migraine sufferer and epileptic? it’s been a tough and often oppositional path to follow.

Thanks so much for all this wonderful information!

Comment by Janet — May 26, 2015 @ 1:00 PM

• Re medical marijuana: If you can get a high CBD/zero THC product you won’t get high/fuzzy headed etc. If you want to try oil (which is expensive), do your research. Many companies sell oil made from industrial hemp rather than cannabis-and people get no benefit from it as there aren’t the right kind of cannabinoids. Check out the Realm of Caring website for more info.

Comment by dee — September 23, 2016 @ 6:30 PM

• Thanks Dee for your input and suggestion.

For those seeking information, you might also look up Mike Robinson on Facebook. He’s an expert and advocate of medical marijuana.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — September 24, 2016 @ 9:04 AM

15. I’m not sure about medical marijuana, although very convincing cases have been made.

The only relief for migraines, as I’ve seen are drugs: Research shows that Depacon (Valproate) and Topamax (Topiramate) are effective in treating migraines and epilepsy. And each has FDA approval for treating them together. Depakote (Divalproex Sodium) also works for both, creating a therapeutic “two-fer.”

There are also several other anti-epileptic drugs that have also been shown to lessen migraine headaches – such as Neurontin (Gabapentin), Keppra ( Levetiracetam) and Zonegran (Zonisamide). However, the dose of AEDs in the treatment of migraines is usually lower than that used for epilepsy.

Thanks for all your input and insights. 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — May 26, 2015 @ 2:20 PM

16. Hi, Phyllis,
    Have you come across any information about Passion Flower (Passiflora) for anxiety? I’m not finding anything negative so far.

Martha

Comment by Martha — December 15, 2015 @ 11:33 AM

17. I would like to follow you, but there was no box at the bottom right to click.

Comment by Emmalena — June 8, 2016 @ 1:23 PM

18. Emmalena, there should be a box on the right hand side, by the bottom, that says “Sign me up”. If there wasn’t, perhaps you’re already subscribing?

Anyway, you can always follow a thread by checking on the box (near “post comment”) that says “Notify me of new comments via email.”

Good luck. We’d love to have you join us!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — June 8, 2016 @ 3:59 PM

19. NATURAL & EFFECTIVE TREATMENT TO SEIZURE: Our son has temporal lobe epilepsy, He has seizure and had a grand mal with rage episode (8 men to hold him down), Our son’s seizure is constant throughout the day according to EEG results. We had used several medicine which include: 600 Epilem 100 topolex 150 Epitec X2 Daily Dopoquel and cilift, Keppra, Topomax lasted for about 3 days, but I put an end to that due to my son losing weight and being lethargic. I recently got a natural medicine that handle Epilepsy with no side effect. It is an herbal medicine. Note: this is not a cure but effective treatment of Epilepsy, for more info, contact Dr.William with this drwilly37@gmail.com

Comment by Jill Grosh — July 15, 2016 @ 10:55 AM

20. Jill, thanks so much for the recommendation.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — July 15, 2016 @ 11:29 AM

21. Looking for natural medicine to Seizure without any side effect Dr. Leonard is the best because it has no side effect, After my son being diagnosed of epileptic seizure in 2010, I have used numerous medicine for him with no improvement. He spent most of the summer in the hospital. I remember him feeling abandoned and terrified of the many injection needles that seemed necessary to keep him calm. All Western Medicine used in the past did not have any noticeable difference until he started using Leonard Herbal Medicine. That is what he have been using, though it is not a permanent cure to Seizure but has keep him calm always, for more info contact (drleonard288@gmail.com)

Comment by Jill Grosh — July 15, 2016 @ 5:12 PM

22. I’m a firm believer in herbal medicine, as you can see.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — July 15, 2016 @ 6:43 PM

23. Phylis Feiner Johnson, I have no problem with herbal remedies. You should always consult with a Neurologist about adjunct therapies alongside regular medication. Just my thoughts.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — October 5, 2016 @ 4:34 PM

24. I agree, Jeffrey.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 5, 2016 @ 6:52 PM

25. Phylis Feiner Johnson, I also try to limit stress in my life. That as well as doing other things to help manage my situation.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — October 5, 2016 @ 10:16 PM

26. Jeffrey, you might like this article:

Foods That Fight Stress…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 6, 2016 @ 9:52 AM

27. Phylis Feiner Johnson, thank you for the recommendation.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — October 7, 2016 @ 11:56 AM

28. I think you’ll find it interesting.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 7, 2016 @ 1:22 PM

29. I most certainly did.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — October 7, 2016 @ 7:50 PM

30. I afarid it might kill me, with to side,s of brain damage. I now have 15 people on my team .If you want to cheek it out, my epilespy team or team epilepsy.

Comment by michele metzger — October 27, 2016 @ 11:06 PM

31. Herbs will not kill you.

Meanwhile, congratulations on your team. 15 people already. That’s terrific!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 28, 2016 @ 9:18 AM

32. Phylis Feiner Johnson, I am not discounting the fact that medication can be a real life saver. However, as long as a Neurologist is consulted about the addition of herbs to manage the situation, he or she might be able to provide some insight. Do you have Epilepsy like I do or do you know anybody who does have Epilepsy personally or both?

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — December 16, 2016 @ 3:39 PM

33. Yes, I do have epilepsy (controlled) and yes, I facilitate a support group for epilepsy.

And yes, I agree that nothing extraordinary should be undertaken without a doc’s ok or, at least, knowledge.

So, I’d say, we’re on the same page. (Literally!)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 16, 2016 @ 4:40 PM

34. Good one!!

Comment by Chetan Dhingra — December 21, 2016 @ 1:01 AM

35. Thanks!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 21, 2016 @ 9:35 AM

36. Is it okay to inhale the smell of Frankincense while taking Keppra a seizure medicine

Comment by Leon durosseau — December 29, 2016 @ 11:29 PM

37. Leon, I really don’t know. I’m sorry.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 30, 2016 @ 8:51 AM

38. What kind of fish and nuts have Omega 3 fatty acids in them?

Comment by Luci Cassady — January 7, 2017 @ 11:13 AM

39. Salmon has probably the highest level of fatty acids, among fish.

Try macademia nuts, almonds and walnuts, also.

Also, 2 g. Fish Oil (with high levels of EPA and DHA) — polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA — are found in abundance in natural fish oils and supplements and can be beneficial in the treatment of nearly every illness, especially neurological, cognitive and psychological disorders.

These essential fatty acids are some of the most important building-blocks for our brains, and neurons are much more likely to misfire in the event of omega-3 deficiency.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 7, 2017 @ 11:56 AM

40. I have a seizure disorder that started when I was 21, I’m now 36. I took medicines for over 15 years, I had grand mal seizures I’ve tried many anticonvulsants and had never been able to stop the seizures. Surgery was not an option. My seizures worsened as I aged. Yet, my life has been dramatically impacted by seizure For years, I went from Doctor to many Neurologists to an Epileptologist trying to find a cause and cure for my seizures. I tried every medication and dosage imaginable but nothing seemed to work.I was Research i read a testimony about someone on a website called http://www.herbalifecure.jimdo.com who was cured from seizure through herbal medicine. I contacted the doctor, and used his herbal medicine, my epilepsy became a story. Today, I am totally free from seizures after years of struggle with seizure. Thanks Dr.

Comment by lily — April 29, 2017 @ 4:19 AM

41. Phylis Feiner Johnson, for me, the worst part would be the headaches.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — April 29, 2017 @ 9:18 AM

42. They are excruciatingly painful to endure. In 2015, I fractured my foot. A Jones fracture, if you are familiar with that name. What had happened was that I was in shunt failure. We did not realize it immediately. I had the revision, was discharged, then I went back to the hospital by life flight because I had gone into Status Epilepticus. As I was told, it took a total of 6 medications to bring me out of the situation.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — April 29, 2017 @ 5:38 PM

43. If you don’t mind my asking, what was the worst seizure event that you recall experiencing? Do you ever get the migraines?

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — May 3, 2017 @ 7:02 PM

• Happily, I don’t get migraines.

And the worst seizure experience I had was almost drowning in the shower.

It was SCARY!

But I managed to bang through this weird old-fashioned door and when I regained consciousness, my head was on the bathroom floor.

A concussion was welcome rather than the other option.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — May 3, 2017 @ 7:13 PM

44. Lavender, Frankensense, etc….do you use it topically and if so where do you apply it?

Comment by Diana — May 29, 2017 @ 1:53 PM

45. My daughter is 5 years old and has been healthy, and has been developing at a normal rate. I heard a loud thud. I found my daughter on the floor. There was vomit on the bed and my daughter was on the floor. It lasted 15 minutes. It was so scary. she was jerking very violently, and his eyes were rolling in the back of his head. It was horrible. No one should have to see their child like that, my doctor is saying she’s had seizures. she had an mri ,an EEG,they did a spinal tap. After returning from the hospital, my daughter experienced vomiting, I could not bear to see my daughter going through this problem at the early age of her life. I read a lot of fake testimonies at blogs, facebook and website of people that was cured from seizure with the help of a herbal doctor I have even been scammed severally, I explain to my friend about my daughter symptom and she told me that i shouldn’t worry, she gave me a contact of a doctor called lawson I met Lawson in Chicago and i contact him. I Explain about my daughter symptom, I made an order of his medicine.. I followed his instruction, His medicine has change my daughter health in less than 3 month she is totally free from seizures and vomiting, my daughter is cured from seizure.

Comment by alfred maria (@alfredmaria1) — June 17, 2017 @ 11:07 AM