Epilepsy quotes to inspire you… | December 7, 2014

Here are some of my favorite quotes (along with a zillion others) that help me get through the day. What are yours?

“I want people with epilepsy to know that there are ways in which they can play a role in their own recovery. It’s all in how they approach what is happening and how they can use that as a catalyst for their own growth. If there’s one thing that I’ve learned, it’s that people are willing to embrace you if you share your story.”  Danny Glover

“The only disability in life is a bad attitude.”  Scott Hamilton

“I’m not disabled, I’m Differently Able!”  Montel Williams

“Motivation depends what you do… attitude determines how well you do it!”  Lesley Donnelly

I certainly don’t regret my experiences because without them, I couldn’t imagine who or where I would be today. Life is an amazing gift to those who have overcome great obstacles, and attitude is everything! ”  Sasha Azevedo

“Support. Something that speaks volumes and shouldn’t cost a penny.”  Anonymous

“I feel so lucky that I met the love of my life. You know somebody’s in it to win it when…you’re having a seizure and they’re holding you…”  Kathleen Hanna

“Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” Bill Watterson

“Having epilepsy does not mean you have to expect and cope with depression. You have as much right to help and support as anyone else.” Anonymous

“The ribbon is like a visual hug for someone with epilepsy”  Mary Loughling.

“We can fight seizures if we fight for our dreams everyday and appreciate the little things we accomplish”  Rachel Joy

“Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”  Christopher Robin to Pooh Bear

“The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it.”  C.C. Scott

“I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street; I met a man who had no feet.”  Ancient Persian Saying

“Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.”  Sally Komar

“No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.” Barbara de Angelis

To subscribe to Epilepsytalk.com and get the latest articles by email, simply go to the bottom box on the right, enter your email address and click on “Follow”.

BookBub from The Huffington Post.

1. Reblogged this on Totally Inspired Mind….

Comment by paulettemotzko — December 7, 2014 @ 12:03 PM

2. Great quotes Phylis! Thanks for sharing them

Comment by Charlie — December 7, 2014 @ 7:01 PM

3. Reblogged this on Los Angeles Epilepsy Society.

Comment by Los Angeles Epilepsy Society — December 7, 2014 @ 8:48 PM

4. Reblogged this on Astrid's Words and commented:
    These are quotes that are truly an assistance to help you keep going, even with Epilepsy =)

Comment by astridswords — December 9, 2014 @ 4:33 PM

5. Reblogged this on The Pursuit of Happiness.

Comment by doublerwriting — December 17, 2014 @ 7:09 PM

6. “The only disability in life is a bad attitude”. AMEN

Comment by stilettosoffutbol — January 22, 2015 @ 12:53 AM

7. You (and Scott Hamilton) ROCK!!! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 22, 2015 @ 9:17 AM

8. there is only a few things bad about being epileptic you shouldn’t drive, watch out for what meds you take cause some can cause some to have a bad temper and you don’t’ want that and its hard for you to get or keep a job !!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jack — September 23, 2016 @ 6:20 PM

9. Point well taken, Jack!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — September 24, 2016 @ 8:58 AM