A Reason to Celebrate! | March 15, 2013

Epilepsy Talk has just surpassed 1,000 visitors a day.

And that’s because of YOU!

Your wisdom, compassion and caring…

Sharing your experiences, so that other members know they’re not alone.

We don’t have all of the answers. But we sure can help one another.

That’s why we’re here.

That’s why I treasure each and every one of you.

And that’s why Epilepsy Talk has become a destination.

1. We’re treasuring you; not the other way around. Thanks

Comment by Paul — March 15, 2013 @ 6:00 PM

2. Thank you so much Paul. (It’s very exciting, isn’t it?)

Perhaps we should start a Mutual Admiration Society? 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — March 15, 2013 @ 6:04 PM

3. YES PHILLIS,,,, We don’t have all of the answers. But we sure ARE helping one another.That’s why we’re here.That’s why WE treasure YOU, Epilepsy Talk & each other.

And that’s why Epilepsy Talk has become a reason to hope & celebrate, a destination for mercy, surviving Epilepsy.

Thanks for Epilepsy Talk,,, WE ALL HAVE COME A LONG WAY TOGETHER.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Comment by Gerrie — March 15, 2013 @ 6:08 PM

• Yes, we have come a long way together. That’s why I say: Congratulations to ALL of YOU!

(I can’t even tell you how excited I am. Arthur’s taking me to Morton’s to celebrate.)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — March 15, 2013 @ 6:42 PM

• Ohhh,, God Phyllis,,, 🙂

Arthur DESERVES a whole LOT of credit for putting up with ALL of us,,, EVERYDAY !!!

The man had to be an Angel to keep taking it & still remains STANDING solid like a rock to share his shoulders.

Please forward our gratitude to Arthur & wish you ALL have very pleasant time celebrating in Morton’s.

Cheers 🙂

Comment by Gerrie — March 15, 2013 @ 7:27 PM

4. Groovy. 🙂

Comment by mickcgorman — March 15, 2013 @ 6:11 PM

5. Yeah we have come along way all the different kinds of technology they’ve come out with.Were helpping each other out the best we can Thank You Amen!

Comment by Corina — March 15, 2013 @ 9:49 PM

6. Ok everyone…here’s Epilepsy Talk’s “secret weapon”: Arthur.

HE was responsible for getting Epilepsy Talk on the map.

While I was on the floor flailing, crying and kicking my feet, trying to find a host, template, program, etc., HE actually did it.

I must admit, he is a geek. (See http://thetechcontrarian.com/our-point-of-view/)

But, in our house, Epilepsy Talk comes FIRST.

If Arthur wants me to look over a headline or read some copy (yes, he’s a writer, too) and I’m working, he’ll say: “You can look at it later, what you’re doing is more important. Helping your epilepsy family means much more.”

He’s more proud of Epilepsy Talk than we are. He tells everyone about it, every chance he gets.

We talk about you people (whoops!) every night.

And you know, Epilepsy Talk is my life. I’ve never had a better “job.”

And for Arthur, the joy is in helping. And giving back.

Quite a guy, eh?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — March 16, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

• Lucky You, Phyllis,
      You married a saint for a husband, the Man DESERVES a whole LOT of credit for putting up with ALL of us EVERYDAY 🙂

And lucky us, thanks to Arthur & you, we married to Epilepsytalk, it has become part of our EVERYDAY LIFE, sharing our nightmares, difficulties, dreams, hopes & achievements to managed & overcome Epilepsy, it has become a worthy journey, lifting us up from the mystery behind epilepsy 🙂

Yes Phyllis, Your devotion to Epilepsytalk has made our lives a whole better than it has ever been.

THIS GREAT ACHIEVEMENT & TRADITION,,,, Hopefully continues to lift up millions more lives for years to come 🙂

Comment by Gerrie — March 16, 2013 @ 6:16 PM

7. The light is in your eyes and in our lives…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — March 17, 2013 @ 9:20 AM

8. Your the best!

Comment by Sally komar — March 17, 2013 @ 10:05 AM

9. you’ve really got your work cut out with all these bloggers on here don’t you ever get a break

Comment by Wendy Mcnaughton — March 18, 2013 @ 1:10 PM

10. LOL! Not to mention the research, writing and editing!

Believe it or not, I’m going on vacation (Fenwick Island, DE) and I’ll still be working 4 hours a day.

That’s nothing for me, comparatively speaking!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — March 18, 2013 @ 1:30 PM

11. Phylis, You & Albert & all who have visited your site & stayed to Comment & support others’ are Amazing People. Everyone deserves a standing Ovation. I can remember when this was just a Glimmer in your Brain. 🙂 I know I’m not on here much, but, I recommend this Page & articles to Everyone I talk w/ who may be benefited by reading her articles & every ones’ Replies. HUGS & I hope Everyone had a pleasant Purple Day. yesterday &/or attended one of the concerts for Epilepsy Awareness. I got to see the Mavericks. 🙂 Next yr will be even better!

Comment by Candi — March 27, 2013 @ 2:27 PM

12. that’s right purple day is such a great thing to do and to raise awareness , true, true as the saying goes our follows out there.

Comment by Wendy Mcnaughton — March 28, 2013 @ 8:01 AM

13. It’s been 56 hours since my husband, age 59, had a terrifying grand mal seizure while asleep in the middle of the night…his first seizure of any kind whatsoever. Thank you for this wonderful website. I am printing out pages and pages! So helpful. He will be going for more tests and I am evaluating his diet carefully! He ate quite a few cashews the evening before, something he has never done before….I’m sure I am posting this comment in the wrong section of your site–will gladly accept advice on using the site and on seizures in general. THANK YOU so much for your good work!!!

Comment by Deb Clements — April 4, 2013 @ 12:29 PM

• Deb,
      For the first time, watching Grand Mal seizures attacking your loving husband sleeping next to you, can be VERY TRAUMATIZING.

Gradually, you will come to learn to live with them & accept them.

And, the more you knew about Epilepsy, the better you are equipped to deal with the seizures, with out traumatizing panic.

You have come to the right place to learn & understand on how to live with Epilepsy.

Therefore, STAY STRONG for you are going to need it & your husband is going to need you strong.

Wishing you all the best.

Comment by Gerrie — April 4, 2013 @ 7:33 PM

• Gerrie,

You have said it well. I was very traumatized. He bit his tongue severely and, well, I won’t describe the scene here… I was sure he’d had an aneurism or a devastating stroke either before or during the seizure. It took him an hour to respond to anything. Eyes open, nobody home…Thankfully, the EMTs were here, and kept me grounded.

Emotionally, we are both doing a bit better today. I took him to work and back and he had a ‘normal’ day.

Thank you for your helpful comments. 🙂

Thank you for your comments.

Comment by Deb Clements — April 4, 2013 @ 8:48 PM

• Gerrie, you are the best! Empathetic, sympathetic, knowing, caring, sharing.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — April 4, 2013 @ 10:08 PM

14. Thank you your compliment, Deb! You’ve come to the right place!

Here are some articles that may be of interest:

New Epilepsy Diagnosis — Now What?

Common Epilepsy Triggers

2013 Comprehensive List of GOOD Neurologists…Epileptologists…Neurosurgeons…and Pediatric Doctors

Secrets to Better Care from Your Doctor

Why Your Pharmacist is Your Best Friend

Beyond EEGs…Diagnostic Tools for Epilepsy

Fighting Seizures Nutritionally

Brain Food for Your Health…

Foods That Fight Stress…

That should keep you busy for a while! 🙂

If you want to subscribe to Epilepsytalk.com and get the latest articles, go to the bottom box of the right column and click on “Sign me up!”

Good luck…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — April 4, 2013 @ 1:05 PM

• Thank you so much, Phylis.

Comment by Deb Clements — April 4, 2013 @ 3:46 PM

• Look what I found, Deb!!!

“Food allergies can cause seizures.

Peanuts, cashews, almonds, and other nuts are perhaps the worst offenders for this. These should be removed from the diet on a trial basis.

Any food known to make the person have a sensitivity should be identified and eliminated.

One person with epilepsy following a stroke became seizure free when she eliminated caffeine from her diet.” — Prevention, July 1995, p. 12

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — April 4, 2013 @ 4:12 PM

• Phylis, we found some info on cashews this morning and I cannot tell you how much it lifted our spirits…perhaps we are grasping at straws, but it sure helped us get through this day, his first back at work. I came across your website while searching for ‘cashews and seizures’ I think, so you must have something about this in your own pages…Your website has given us so much hope! Thank you soooo much!

Comment by Deb Clements — April 4, 2013 @ 7:58 PM

15. If I can help, I’m happy.

That’s what Epilepsy Talk is all about.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — April 4, 2013 @ 10:03 PM