Self-Driving Cars — The License to Drive? | October 2, 2012

It’s not a dream. It’s a reality that’s happening NOW.

After losing his best friend to a car accident at age 18, Sebastian Thrun vowed that he would find a way to prevent fatal crashes caused by human error. Now a professor of computer science at Stanford University, Thrun joined forces with Google in 2007 to develop cars that drive on autopilot.

The state of Nevada has granted Google a license for trial on public roads – bringing self-driving vehicles one step closer to production. And the California State Senate has recently approved a bill that would legalize self-driving cars in the state.

Self-driving cars basically work by computer and memory. (The onboard computer system has a 360 degree spatial awareness.) Equipped with video cameras, radar sensors and a laser range finder, the test cars have driven 180,000 miles in California all by themselves.

“Before any route is driven using the automated technology, first the routes are driven to capture a detailed digital map of all of the features on the way. By mapping things like lane markers and traffic signs, the software in the car becomes familiar with the environment and its characteristics in advance.”

When the car later tackles the route without driver assistance, the same cameras, laser sensors and radar help determine where other cars are and how fast they’re moving. Meanwhile the computer software controls acceleration and deceleration and mounted cameras read and interpret traffic lights, signals and road signs.

“The problems are all about computers and information — how to get the right info to the cars at the right time,” a Google spokesman continued. “And it’s all made possible by our data centers, which are able to process the enormous amounts of info gathered by these vehicles.”

Right now, driverless cars have to be manned by two people — one to take control if necessary and another to monitor the route. But when the cars are ready for public use, this stipulation will be removed.

And in the future, autonomous cars will be able to communicate with one another, allowing them to negotiate lane changes and passing, analysts predict.

Right now, the Toyota Prius seems to be in the lead of those developing self-driving cars. And most major car companies have advanced self-driving car projects in the works. From Audi to BMW, Cadillac, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Lexus, Nissan, Mercedes, Volkswagen and Volvo.

The obvious advantage would be for people unable to drive, like those with epilepsy, because the car would be independently mobile. It would mean that no sort of supervision is required to keep the journey safe and user-friendly.

But also consider:

Safer roads — Human error is the cause of 60 per cent of the 1.2 million fatal road traffic accidents globally each year.

Less pollution — Fuel economy would have a positive impact on the environment.

Cheaper insurance — Greatly reduced chances of having an accident will mean lower premiums.

Improved economy — The car calculates how to drive in the most efficient manner.

New designs — Visibility would be less important, so the whole shape and look of cars could be radically different.

Definitely, for those of us who can’t drive, this technology could be the start of so many options, so much more freedom.

1. Been waiting years for this, LA traffic is unbearable and most people in LA didn’t learn how to drive properly anyway!

Comment by Aje — October 2, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

2. I remember the story about the Google car first coming out. Everyone thought I was crazy or seriously didn’t understand why I was thinking this was such a brilliant idea. It’s just the principal of the matter, knowing we wouldn’t have to worry about killing someone else on the road, much less ourselves, our families and everything else.
    When I explain if I zone out in the middle of the road and a kid runs outs, most people automatically stop. But if you zone out, you don’t have that opportunity. I don’t want to be obligated for someone’s life. Google car just might be an opportunity that goes beyond riding a bike in the inner cities.

Comment by Liza — October 2, 2012 @ 3:36 PM

3. I think it’s a boon for EVERYONE, “zoned out” or not.

Safer, less demanding, more econominal, user-friendly AND better for the environment…

Hey, we’re talking win-win!

The only down side is that self-driving cars will probably be horrendously expensive in the beginning.

But with so much competition, I think the price will become affordable sooner rather than later.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 2, 2012 @ 3:52 PM

4. INTERESTING ARTICLE,,,

The human imagination & creativity is just incredible.
    EXCELLENT IDEA,,, Google is just phenomenal.
    I hope, Google EXPEDITES this FASCINATING project, rescuing millions of people from total isolation for luck of transportation or inconvenient & unreliable public transportation, just like the Android IPhone making life a whole lot simpler& simplified than otherwise would/could have been.

GOOD GOING GOOGLE!!!!

Comment by Gerrie — October 2, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

5. Michele (meesher@pabell.net) Phylis:I am on the fence about self driven cars.Small pets on the roadways, . Before I got my epilepsy doc who told me not to drive, and gave me so many stoner meds that I could not do it anywar, I played with parallel parking in my driving circle (?) using cones—.I can still do that. Oh my, but what if I drove and hurt/killed someone? Too icky and immoral to even think of. I’ve been off the vcomputer causse it had a hissy hit. So IIIIII had one and started from squared one. Alot of time on the wood floor, a lot of angst. Up and running SOME programs, but just a black screen for some. Well, I’ll use thie next 7 days before hub buys ME a lap top. Then I can read in bed! Past bedtime. Michele/meesher

Comment by meesherMichele — October 3, 2012 @ 1:23 AM

• Michele, it’s great to have you back.

Sorry for your computer problems, but I too have woken up zillions of times with the “black screen of death” to greet me. Happily, I have tech support down the hall. (My husband is such a geek!)

And you should have seen me trying to set up this website. I was on the floor, pummeling my fists and screaming, I was so frustrated. (And that’s not the only time it’s happened!)

What kind of laptop are you getting? Whatever it is, I hope you won’t be a stranger any more. (I had to “approve” your comment on my administrative board!)

As for the self-driving cars, I think the sensors and radar built into them with be able to identify anything in the road or any roadblock.

Welcome back!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 3, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

• Hey Phylis, I certainly do not know why I got the black screen of death. I just shut down the monitor, left the computer run bt itself, and answered a few button pushing questions.Now it seems to know what to do. Re: Automated cars:maybe a computer driven car that know what intersections at which to stop, how are we going to stop kids and dogs from running in/at balls and other toys? Still want a computer driven car, though. Stopped the Dilantin,using only Vimpat. And sleep meds when I sleep. Which is now up to 13 hours a night. Had the black front teeth pulled–now have a dental appliance in my mouth; much prettier than my old black teeth. I’m smiling at the mirror and the lady in the mirror is much happier. Gotta go brush the damn thing. Sure will not sleep with it, hub is into faces, and I’ve worked too hard on my skin to give up to ugly teeth. Soon going to start attending an exercise class that keeps me on the floor with an instructor who knows CPR and when to call for an ambulance. Five minutes AFTER the first signs of seizure, which, as a normie, she actually KNOWS.GOT A PUPPY!!

Comment by meesherMichele — October 7, 2012 @ 12:19 AM

• “Practice makes perfect”,,, Always try to find out the worst potential FAILURES of technolongy to find answers for ANY future failures.
      Once you found the ANSWERS, before there ever could be problems, you are in CONTROL & in charge of the technonolgy, failing or NOT failing.
      MASTERING the technonolgy, quarantees taking maximum advantage of the technology, you INVESTED YOUR GOOD MONEY to best use.

Comment by Gerrie — October 8, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

6. I am against it!!

First of all, computers can get viruses, etc. Then what happens? CRASH!!.

These cars have no control over other drivers and how they drive.

It was on TV showing a driver behind a driverless car. There was no other person in the car. They are test driving them on regular roads in CA.

Can they tell when a pedestrian is crossing the street?

Remember, the car does not need a driver’s license. Will the driver behind the wheel be texting or on the laptop, thinking that the car will be doing everything. They have not addressed these issuses.

It scares me!!

Ruth

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 3, 2012 @ 8:17 AM

• Boy, it’s good to hear from you Ruth.

I can see why you’d be afraid. Especially since you’re seeing the cars at work, first-hand in California.

I agree that viruses present a potential problem. And I do think you’re right.

For driverless cars to work — in a perfect world — everyone should have them. That levels the playing field a bit.

But then there’s the cost factor. Hmmmm…

As for a pedestrian crossing the street, the sensors, and/or radar will pick that up immediately.

And texting, I wouldn’t do it in a moving vehicle at all. Under any circumstances.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 3, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

• Ruth,
      Just today, some moron Truck driver texting & searching the Internet, drove his 16 wheel & 80,000lbs truck, straithget to Amtrack train, cutting of & derailing the train from it’s track, injuring more than 120 pasangers in the trains.
      Therefore, the HUMAN FACTOR isn’t ALWAYS as safe as we would like to beliebve it.

Most likely, the driverless-auto, equippied with SENSORS, CAMERAS, GPS & SATTALITE GUIDING SYSTEM probabaly could have avoided this accident.

Sure, your concern is duly valid, though, I bet you, NO STATE WILL ALLOW DRIVERRLESS AUTOS TO OPERATE ON STREETS with out a WHOLE LOT OF TESTS & confirming the AUTO’S safety recordes.

Comment by Gerrie — October 3, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

• Great point and story, and exactly why I believe Computers are much better disciplined and careful than PEOPLE! I fix, build, and support windows operating systems, my PC’s don’t get virus infections, that is a fear based mentality from my perspective=) Go google, replace the human drivers that won’t get out of my way on the fast lane. Why do Germans get to drive 100mph? Cuz they are trained better…

Comment by Aje — October 3, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

• Aje,

Imagine SATALITE GUIDED MISSLES knocking out the EXACT TARGETS the missiles were programmed to knock out?

Consider ATM machines all over the world working 24hrs & seven days, doing ALL forms of finanacial transactions ACCURATELY, with NOTHING MORE THAN JUST PRESSING FEW BUTTONS.

Now, how many humans can you FIND to replace those ATM machines, working ACCURATELY & NONSTOP for 24hrs & 7 days?

Therefore, Looking at the Technology from DEPENDABILITY POINT, I think the threat of ‘viruses’ is far more EXAGGRATED than reality.

In fact, the integrity of technology has BECOME so RELIABLE, DEPENDABLE & ACCURATE, everyday life has become IMMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID TECHNOLOGY.

Therefore, it’s ONLY a matter of time for driverless-autos taking over the streets.

Comment by Gerrie — October 3, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

• Dear Ruth,

Everything’s been restored.

But I’ve lost your email address.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 5, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

• It is funny to me that no one has a fear of computers FLYING you in the sky, right? Most planes are on auto pilot within minutes of taking off, for most of the duration of the flight. How often do they crash due to a computer error? I’d much rather have my PC driving most cars than most people I know driving, including my girlfriend, and she would agree, especially trying to drive my stick shift manual transmission car, stalling it! I’ve had enough accidents, both my fault and a drunk driver hit and run on me, to trust computers are much more reliable than people. Besides, my PC’s don’t get viruses, maybe you should consider buying one;) If they get a virus, they simply warn us something is wrong and will refuse to drive. People are too paranoid from my perspective…people infect their own PC’s by clicking or opening misleading links, total human error/deception. Car PC’s will be restricted from users, to avoid vulnerabilities like Bank and Government PC’s are. If you understand the technology better, you may not fear it anymore…EMBRACE a safer future!

Comment by Aje — October 5, 2012 @ 12:16 PM

7. Gee, I’d never want to debate against you two!

Gerrie, the Amtrak story is horrifying and you couldn’t be more right. (Especially about the texting, a pet peeve of mine!!!)

As you said, that’s why they call it “human error”…

But I think you’re both getting a little over-enthusiastic….

Yes, I have had money machines screw up on me. My husband had his identity stolen that way.

And if you’ve never had a “trojan virus,” you haven’t lived. (Or maybe you’ve lived lucky.) That’s when a worm affects your computer, its programs, address book, etc.

And yes, it’s overdue to embrace technology as a positive leap forward today.

Just bear one thing in mind: technology is great…when it WORKS!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 4, 2012 @ 8:12 AM

8. PROFOUND APOLOGIES

This thread disappeared because my computer cashed.

I hope everyone will continue with their comments.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 5, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

9. Hi Aje,

Because of computers flying planes, my son, husband and I will not fly.

That Amtrak train crash was horrible. I do not think that a computer would have stopped it. He crashed into one of the Amtrak cars. He did not go through a guard signal.

My son does not use computers at all. He does not believe in them.

My husband and I refused to use them for years after my other son bought one. He taught me how to use it. Otherwise, I still would not be using a computer.

Some people get addicted to it. I did!!

Imperfect people make computers, therefore computers cannot be perfect. They are imperfect.

People aim viruses and Trojans at computers. Some people are experts at it.

Phylis do you have my email address now? I emailed it to you. It is finders12336@yahoo.com

Ruth

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 5, 2012 @ 1:13 PM

• Well, lots of people don’t like to fly for numerous reasons.

But I’m GLAD you’ve joined the computer age or else we wouldn’t have you! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 5, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

10. Aje,

Believe it or not, the total number of medical errors and deaths in the U.S. equals SIX jumbo jets crashing every day!

If a Jumbo Jet crashed and killed 280 people everyday…365 days a year…year after year…would you be concerned about flying? Would you question the Federal Aviation Administration? Would you demand answers?

Think about it…close to 100,000 people dying every year from plane crashes.

On another subject, what do you mean when you say: “Car PC’s will be restricted from users, to avoid vulnerabilities like Bank and Government PC’s are.”

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 5, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

• What do medical errors have to do with planes or cars being controlled by computers? Those medical deaths are more based on human errors not knowning what they are doing. Medical errors made by people, do not increase plane crashes which are still so rare vs. car crashes. Also many plane crashes are resulting from uncontrollable weather or human error, not from a planes computer getting infected or making a mistake or crashing. We could not support the large populated cities without computers. The world runs on computers, banking, deliveries, UPS, USPS, once the grid does go down, most of us are pretty helpless and will soon starve. You have no idea how dependent we all are on computers. Power companies run on computers. Planes are 1000% safer to fly than driving cars, the death rates are very low. A computer and operating system become perfected when communities of humans work out the bugs. Computers on planes cannot get a virus as they are not open to WWW internet like your home PC…your comment shows a lack/denial of understanding of computing technology, but that’s ok, we can still get along=) Try not to live in so much fear. It’s geeky engineers like us that help keep the world going and your movies/entertainment and even this forum going… Yes anything can become addicting, look at the young kids glued to their smartphone and iphone like a pacifier, I’m glad we didn’t have them when I was so young;) I use my techologies as a tool, to work remotely from anywhere, giving us much more freedom than having to commute in dangerous car traffic to the same office location daily. See the light, be the light, shine strong. Watch out for those intoxicated human drivers, and not just alcohol… Bank/Government/Machines are controlled by “closed computers” that cannot be infected like you do when you open a virus on your home PC. They are locked down, they won’t let you install or change any settings. You can learn about these facts through google and youtube research or talk to a few computer engineers to educate yourself a little more. You would not have electricity or food in your local stores or this forum today without massive amounts of computers controlling the systems you depend on. Your arguments are sounding fear based for me, with a lack of understanding of technology. I will no longer argue with you though, time to move on for today=) Stay safe!

Comment by Aje — October 5, 2012 @ 1:47 PM

• Aje,
        Hospitals are equipped with the latest technology in the World.
        Imagine a doctor or a nurse reading pregnancy test tube & chemical content of the test of woman, DECLARING the woman PREGNANT when she is NOT?

Imagine Doctors subscribing wrong medications to patients, MISREADING the test results of the patient?

Imagine, a hospital OBSESSED with FINANCIAL COVERAGE of a Pregnant woman, refusing to wait for the woman to deliver the baby on her own, instead Doctors INSISTING on C-Section, paralyzing the pregnant woman for LIFE & losing her baby/

Imagine Doctors doing HEART SURGERY when you don’t need one.
        The NIGHTMARE IS ENDLESS.

Therefore, CORRECTLY operating, analyzing, reading & recommending medical procedures BASED on the technology READINGS is a matter of life & death for millions of people in the world.

YES, YES, YES, like it or NOT,,,Technology have a whole lot to do with your life.

Sorry, to WAKE YOU UP but for many, Hospitals are TURNING to death-row than life-saveres.

Comment by Gerrie — October 8, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

11. Hey, don’t beat me up Aje, I’m having a terrible day. (Computer crash!)

Your point is well taken.

Truce? 😉

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 5, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

• Sorry Phylis and anyone else I offended, hugs to you to feel better today=))) If you need tech support or a nice FAST DELL laptop for great price, let me know!

Comment by Aje — October 5, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

• LOL! Thank you Aje but I have my own geek down the hall. (If only he would talk about something other than tech!)

And thank goodness, Arthur took my fat out of the fire today when I lost all of these posts.

Besides, it would take too long for you to get here from LA! 🙂

But thanks for the offer AND the hugs. Sorely needed today.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 5, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

12. Aje, I did not know I was arguing. I think the fact that we live in the same state is the reason that we have different points of views. No one agrees in CA.

Anyway, I apologize if I said something wrong. You love computers, I can live without them.

Phylis, you are better off not driving in CA. It scares me. You are welcome to visit me, though.

Phylis, HUGS and a cup of coffee. 🙂

Ruth

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 5, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

• Ruth, I am a coffee enthusiast myself. I am not one of those if I can’t have coffee, the world will fall apart kind of guy. However, coffee is an essential part of my day.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — September 23, 2016 @ 1:43 PM

13. I’m better off not driving anywhere, I am one shitty driver. And I’m a total wuss when it comes to driving in cities. The self-driving cars can’t come fast enough for me!

In my first 10 days of driving, I hit SIX non-moving objects.

When I finally wrapped my mother’s car around a cement pillar in the parking garage, I gave her a check for the body shop, plus the car keys and didn’t drive for 10 YEARS!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 5, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

14. Phylis, please do not swear.

I do not drive because of my epilepsy. I will not drive a self-driving car either. That is if they allow us with epilepsy to drive them.

I am a strong believer in us with epilepsy, not driving. I always have felt that way. When I was 16, it was legal for people with epilepsy to drive. I decided not to.

I have never regretted that decision.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 6, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

• Ruth,
      You are NOT a driver in self-driven autos.
      You are just a passanger, for the car NEEDS no driver.

Just like telling your LEMOSIN DRIVER where to take you. TELL THE CAR where you wanted to go, sit back, relax & enjoy the trip.

The selfdriven auto is ALREADY programmed with your CITY MAP, therefore, knows it’s way around.

FACINATING,,,, Hahahahahah:)

Comment by Gerrie — October 6, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

• A permanent limo driver, what a DREAM come true!!!! AND at your beck and call. Bring it on!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 7, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

15. All of this convenience comes with a cost. There will be no need for a taxi, bus driver, truck driver, or delivery driver. 100,000 of jobs in transportation/logistics will be lost. Only a few 100 of ppl will be needed to maintain and manage the autonomous network of cars and their computer/electronic systems. We have to consider the ethical and moral issues associated with this drive towards a complete robot labor force.

Comment by harshbuttrue — October 6, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

• YEAH HARESH,
      Life is a constant process of change, some good & some bad.

It feels GOOD to talk about “morals & ethics” but in reality, EVERYTHING IN LIFE CAME & GONE, COSTING VERY HEAVY PRICES TO A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE, since eternity to 21st century civilization.

Imagine, the farmers of last century, who sow & harvested small acres of lands with HORSES & OXES. losing their lands for INDUSTRIAL FARMERS who sow & harvested 10000s acress with trackters & machinery.

When ALL comes down to it, CHANGE IS INVETIBALE, “with or with out morals & ethics”.
      It just too difficult to fathom & imagine, HOW SO?

In many cases, mankind is too PREOCCUPIED with catching up with the INEVITABLE changes, “morals & ethics” EXPIRED like spoiled milk, at every end of every generation.

Sure, there will be prices to pay for selfdriving autos.

Comment by Gerrie — October 6, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

• Check out the Zeitgeist Addendum film and even better Zeitgeist moving forward, on netflix or youtube, which replaces DVD’s and blockbuster video rentals! All about RESOURCE BASED ECONOMY instead of our fake money economy. Imagine having freedom to be driven to see your friends and family outside of your home, from this wonderful technology, for those that aren’t allowed to drive, or don’t feel safe driving. I look forward, to moving forward!

Comment by Aje — October 6, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

• I hate to sound like an old cliche, but the only thing that is certain is CHANGE…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 7, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

16. A very good point, Harshbuttrue. But I don’t think the whole world will go robotic, do you?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 6, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

17. Phylis, the whole world will not go robotic.

The Earth has a better future. I will not go into it because it is my religion. Email me, if you want to know what I am talking about.

finders12336@yahoo.com

Ruth

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 7, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

• Ruth,
      When man invented Airplane, the “church” beliveing “GOD MADE BIRDS TO FLY BUT NOT HUMANS”, was the first establishment to stand on the way & condemn the new invention.
      Eventually, the Church came to FACE reality, “CHANGE IS INEVITABLE”, and ended up being the main establishment SENDING PREACHERS to all over the word, using & flying the very airplane, the church condemned to be invented.

Ruth,
      No one is interested in turning “the whole world to go robotic”
      Inventing Technonolgy, airplanes, selfdriving-Autos,,, etc, is ONLY INTENDED in making life more VERSATILE & convinient , than turning turning the world to “Robotic”.
      Therefore, Therefore, Religion has nothing to do with Technology taking over the world.

Comment by Gerrie — October 8, 2012 @ 6:06 PM

18. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and
    sources back to your website? My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my visitors would definitely benefit
    from some of the information you provide here. Please let
    me know if this ok with you. Many thanks!

Comment by melitta — July 14, 2014 @ 6:58 PM

• I would be honored. This information is meant to educate and be shared.

And I appreciate that I don’t have to tell you about sources and website credit.

I guess you’re a real professional!!! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — July 14, 2014 @ 7:49 PM

• Melitta, Please provide me with the address of your blog. All I see is “wikipedia.org” which is not a blog.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — July 14, 2014 @ 8:23 PM

19. I’ve been waiting for a car like this get made because the jobs that I’m best at I need you to be able to drive so I’m hoping that Harrah’s like this will be made for delivering furniture putting furniture together in one job that I am best at and going around getting my stuff and doing stuff I want to do will be a lot easier for me if I’m able to drive and have a car that helps me because my seizures are such a pain that I still feel like a little kid trapped inside without being able to get around.

Comment by Brian Schnoor — August 26, 2016 @ 1:51 PM

20. A self-driving car would be an interesting idea. You just input the coordinates as to your desired location. Then your car takes you there.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — September 23, 2016 @ 11:55 AM

21. I’ve been reading all about it. Uber car service is starting to use self-driving cars, but with a “pilot” attending.

I think a person would need some hands-on guidance when starting.

I know, I would feel insecure.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — September 23, 2016 @ 1:09 PM

22. Phylis Feiner Johnson, you make a valid point.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — September 23, 2016 @ 1:15 PM

23. Thanks Jeffrey.

It’s not that I want to be a wuss, but I don’t want to get into an accident either.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — September 23, 2016 @ 1:23 PM

• Being in the car rental business, I can’t tell you how many careless humans damage my cars! It’s frustrating when humans feel they are better drivers than robots or machines. The fact is computers aren’t distracted with texting, calls, music, the sun in their eyes. They will drive 99 times better than most humans. I welcome self driving cars, can’t wait for FREE Uber rides and eventually human-less Uber making the cost of Uber even cheaper than it’s current Pool service. And less idiots racing like crazy.

Comment by Aje — September 23, 2016 @ 1:33 PM

24. Phylis Feiner Johnson, is your situation the same as mine in the sense that you have no prior family history or is your situation genetic? I am not trying to pry. Just saying that I can relate to your situation.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — September 23, 2016 @ 1:34 PM

25. Aje, I never saw it from your point of view. Thanks for your perspective!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — September 24, 2016 @ 8:47 AM

26. Jeffrey, no previous history of epilepsy in my family, at all.

But I did have a head injury on the ice when someone (purposely) tripped me while I was speed skating.

I went head first into the wall, so that may have started it.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — September 24, 2016 @ 8:50 AM

27. Phylis Feiner Johnson, I am sorry to hear that. I wish you lots of health.

Comment by Jeffrey Liakos — September 24, 2016 @ 12:36 PM