Epilepsy Lags in Research and Funding…Even as Stigma Abates | November 7, 2010

While advances have been made in Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, research  into another neurological disease, epilepsy, has proceeded more slowly.  And funding lags well behind.”

For further details, go to: http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/editorials/articles/2010/11/05/even_as_stigma_abates_epilepsy_lags_in_research_and_funding/

1. What an excellent article! If more people truly understood what people with Epilepsy go through daily, they might be more inclined to fund more research.

Comment by Charlie — November 7, 2010 @ 3:27 AM

2. I agree with Charlie.

Comment by Steve Salo — November 7, 2010 @ 5:17 AM

3. Phylis, thank you for the article. I looked it up.

Part of my bout with elipepsy is mentioned in the article. I was told years ago that I would either die of epilepsy or cancer. The part of the article that applies to me is: “which can range from temporary attacks to lifelong and often life-ending-bouts with the disease.”

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 7, 2010 @ 5:47 AM

4. Hi, Everyone, I’m glad everyone is doing better. This is Epilepsy Month & I would like to Invite you to ‘speak up, speak out’ on the Facebook Invite started by another member on another site. Over 2,000 have accepted the invitation. The Invite is for all Month. There is no ‘physical’ place to meet for this invite. Just add your ‘voice’. 🙂

Just clik on Accept Invite & leave your message/story. Then, if you are a member, Invite all your friends/family to add their ‘voice’. We Want to Be Heard!

Love Candi

Comment by Candi — November 7, 2010 @ 5:18 PM

• I put the article link on every website that Candi didn’t (plus Facebook), so that EVERYONE would know.

Thank you Candi for the email with the link.

YOU ROCK!!! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 8, 2010 @ 12:11 AM

5. You are Very Welcome. I cheked Facebook Event Status earlier & there are still more ppl saying ‘No Thanks’. 😦 But, even More ‘Undecided’. Good News was 3 of my friends accepted. So far 🙂

Love Candi

Comment by Candi — November 8, 2010 @ 12:57 AM

6. Phylis, where else did you put the article link so my voice can be heard? I do not belong to FB anymore and they want me to sign up again. I will not join FB again.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 8, 2010 @ 12:59 AM

7. Candi, I want to accept, but where else besides FB?

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 8, 2010 @ 1:04 AM

• Hi Ruth, Facebook is where Rae, from CWE, posted the ‘Event’. No where else. And, I did E-mail my friends/family about the Article in the Boston Globe. And I sent out Invites to the Event by email, too. ( Yep, ya got to belong to Facebook to attend/make your voice heard. But, if you don’t wanna go back to FB, there are ways you can be heard.
      Wear your Lavender/Purple Clothes. Jewelry. Make ribbons & pass them out to friends & family. Print up fliers w/ 1st Aid info & a Few Facts about Epilepsy. Like “we ain’t Possessed”. 🙂 Several PPL are doing that. Some are even going to make Jewelry to sell & then donate proceeds to the nearest EFA. 🙂

Lots of Hugs. 🙂 Love Candi