Gratitude is the Atitude — Part 3 | November 5, 2010

I want to thank each and every one of you, from the bottom of my heart for:

Your positive attitude and energy…

Your never-ending faith and kindness…

Your wisdom and understanding…

Your generosity in sharing…

Your unmistakable love for one another…

This wonderful “community of caring” you have created…

That is my gratitude.

1. My thankful list for today,
    I’m thankful for people like Phylis who inspire the rest of us.
    That we live in a free country where we can go to church and pray for each other without fear of reprisal.
    That we can vote and have elections without violence and loss of life.
    That in ‘community’ such as this site, we dont feel alone in our daily struggles.
    For the Dr’s, nurses and hospital’s around the world that care for people who otherwise might not get well or might even get worse without their care.
    That love conquers hate.
    i’ll quit there….
    God Bless you all.

Comment by Charlie — November 5, 2010 @ 6:55 AM

• Greetings,,I am grateful for,,,
      Phylis must be feeling better,,
      we got rain today,,
      thrift shops,,,
      we had a good supper,,
      my brother is feeling good,
      Larry did the dishes,,,

please bless those in need

Comment by pat moran — November 5, 2010 @ 8:04 AM

2. I am thankful for all of my friends
    I am better
    Phylis is better
    It is warm weather
    I have bought my winter clothes.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 5, 2010 @ 8:50 AM

3. I am Thankful that Ruth & Phylis health issues are improving.
    Thankful to Hubby for cooking an excellent Supper.
    Thankful for Friends who Care.
    Thankful for Internet Support Groups where I have made sooo many New Friends.
    Thankful for waking up this morn. ๐Ÿ™‚

Love Candi

Comment by Candi — November 5, 2010 @ 11:12 AM

4. You are all so WONDERFUL!!!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 5, 2010 @ 9:26 PM

5. im greatfull for:
    1. my boyfriend
    2. my loving parents that care so much about me and help me in every way they can
    3. that I have so many friends here and a wealth of information Pylis provides
    4. beautiful weather
    5. my interest in learning how to cook the GARD way.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 6, 2010 @ 12:38 AM

• I’m reaching deep into my gratitude pocket today,,, uugh ! ( I think I hurt myself !)

1. I’m thankful that Ruth and Phylis are feeling better and getting stronger,,,
      2. I found my slow cooker so I can make a big pot of chili cause it’s cold in Florida today,,,
      3.I’m thankful that I have felt Gods presence in my life…
      4.I’m thankful that I have meat to make chili with,,,
      5.I’m thankful that I get to hear my brother laugh almost everyday,,,
      6.I’m thankful for my son-in-law,,, (today)

Comment by pat moran — November 6, 2010 @ 12:54 AM

6. Pat, I hope you did not hurt yourself too badly.

Laughter is the best medicine
    Pat, thank you for thinking of me and Phylis
    We are both on the mend
    Thankful that I am much better
    I need to call my son

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 6, 2010 @ 10:10 AM

• Iam thankful that when I fell yesterday (on the same MERSA site and ripped it open), Arthur was there to clean up the blood and patch me up…

Today is a big Epilepsy event with docs and movers and shakers from this area. I am thankful that I will get a special introduction and get to talk about our website. (YEEEEE HAAAAA!)

I am grateful to have Arthur in my life, through thick and thin, MERSA or no MERSA.

I am blessed to have all of you in my life to talk to, understand and listen.

The sun will soon come up…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 6, 2010 @ 7:09 PM

7. well i dont know , but not always i can do it, not always i feel there is hope for better life.
    i hate these times when im really frustrated,cant think about anythin good in life, all seem seizures nd seziures commin all time with no respect for my life my desires , givin lot of pain nd disperation

Comment by Reem — November 7, 2010 @ 1:44 AM

• Reem, I understand your pain and frustration. But please try to remember:

Epilepsy is just a condition.

Ultimately, YOU are in charge of your destiny.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 7, 2010 @ 2:10 AM

8. Greetings, as it gets closer to thanksgiving,, I’m thankful that I’m not a turkey,,, ( just don’t throw tomatoes at me ! )

I am thankful that Phylis is out there talking about it to the big dogs today,,,

Im’ thankful that I can send a boat load of hope to Reem,, through my prayers, I’m asking the Lord to ease her pain and give her joy and laughter,,,

I’m thankful that Epilepsy is coming out of the dark ages,,,

good luck Phylis

I’m thankful to be here,,,

Comment by pat moran — November 7, 2010 @ 4:13 AM

9. Rheem, a better life is coming. A paradise earth.
    Rev. 21: 4

My confusion is gone.
    I am still bruised but I do not have any pain.
    I have a hope for the future that will come true.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 7, 2010 @ 5:33 AM

10. Reem tells me that after she had a complex partial in her class, her teacher tells her to leave class and not come back. And also said why are you even in class, you cant be a Dr.

Reem tells me that she knows that it will never happen. she just wants to learn Medicine. We talked a few minutes, and she was still sad, but felt alittle better.

im greatfull, for medication.
    2. to have Reem as a friend, whom we talk with everyday
    3. My twin called last night. We talked for 15 min. instead of only 1/2 min.
    4. I had made a banana cake using rice flour, oatmeal flour and flakes. Used almond milk instead of regular milk.
    5. It turned out great

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 7, 2010 @ 6:11 AM

• I didn’t know you had a twin. Are you close…geographically…or emotionally?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 7, 2010 @ 11:57 PM

• My twin lives in Colorodo. Im in NC. She doesnt talk much to either me or my other family members. Hasnt since college. Its a long story that she thinks we are controling her. I try to get her to understand that she is miles away from us and she still thinks we tell her what to do. Well maybe we give suggestions, but ultimatly she is her own person. Its not like we are going to fly over and spank her if she doesnt do what we say.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 8, 2010 @ 12:35 AM

11. who would be a better Dr. to treat epilepsy ,,or research the causes of epilepsy than someone with first hand knowledge ?? I found a lawyer that had epilepsy,,look at Davids comprehensive list of people that had epilepsy ,, yet accomplished great things,,, I would love to meet your teacher Reem,
    Phylis promised me that she would send me chocolate in jail,, never give anybody anything ( your self confidence) defy them to take it from you,,,

may you be blessed,

Comment by pat moran — November 7, 2010 @ 6:27 AM

• this blog reminds me of Walton’s Mountain !!!!

Comment by pat — November 7, 2010 @ 7:18 PM

12. Reem,
    I am so sorry that you encountered a teacher that was so ignorant and cruel,, that teacher isnt’t qualified to teach dogs,, unfortunalely their are many just like him,, ,,, I am still trying to deal with my anger over how someone treated my brother,
    somewhere in your school there has to be someone that teachers have to answer to,, what would happen if you politely asked that person if it was too late for you to change classes because you feel that your epilepsy has made the butthead teacher uncomfortable???

please forgive me if I am making this hurt worse,, I’m very tired of ignorant ,stupid people
    who suffer from something much worse than Epilepsy,, ( inhumanity) I m just too raw , emotionally about that issue right now ,and looking for a nose to punch,, tell me his name little one,,, I promise that I won’t put him in a hospital !!
    ( I’m sorry Lord,, )

Comment by patricia moran — November 7, 2010 @ 7:41 PM

13. Pat, are you going to jail or is that a joke. A better idea would be for Phylis to send you something sharp so you could break out of jail :}

Jennifer, I have twin sons. One has disowned me and I have no idea where he is. My other one keeps in touch with me.

I am thankful for my twin sons. I love them.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 8, 2010 @ 12:48 AM

14. Reem, take a look at “The Epilepsy Hall of Fame”

It might cheer you up!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 8, 2010 @ 3:15 AM

15. today im greatful 1. I got alot of things done I was hoping to.
    2. bought 2 jeans from goodwill for $5 each that looked like new
    3. I have sisters
    4. it was beautifull weather today

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 8, 2010 @ 8:27 AM

16. HI, i couldnt come online yesterday but today , i came to the site , and found all your comments , thanks alot for everyword everyone said , thanks phylis, pat , ruth and off course thanks jennifer for all your support
    still , I am thinking if it is better to continue studing medicine or should i stop at this stage , im in my 5th year, still have 2 years till graduation ….. i will not be allowed to practise except if i am seizure free i think

Comment by Reem — November 8, 2010 @ 8:05 PM

• Dear Reem,

Stick with it. You’ll always have the knowledge and who knows how many different helpful ways you’ll be able to use it?

Medical writer, editor, Chairman on some disability board, consultant, professional witness, research…there are so many different options out there, if you think about it.

DON”T GIVE UP! Believe in yourself, like WE believe in you!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 8, 2010 @ 8:14 PM

17. It rained last night and it snowed in the mountains. Maybe our drought is over.
    I slept a lot, is it because of the time change

November is Epilepsy Awareness Month
    November is also Diabetes Awareness Month

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 9, 2010 @ 5:17 AM

18. Hi All,
    I’m Thankful to hear we’re starting to feel better.
    That we’re there for each other.
    That when life smacks us down,
    We get back up again and want to prove the doubters we can do anything!
    That Phylis is so inspiring, that I’ve been writing to who ever I can to spread the word about Epilepsy Awareness month.
    That a film crew from Spain came to the US to film our worship service at Biker’s For Christ’s Church.
    That even when we’re not around the computer a lot, we know someone cares about us.
    Thankful that Love does conquer all, and broken relationships can be healed.
    Trust me, I know.

Comment by Charlie — November 9, 2010 @ 8:19 AM

19. I am thankful that I have so many doctors looking after me.
    I need an opthmalogist for my eyes.
    It is cold again and more snow on the way. Maybe, our drought is over.
    I have to think before I write Phylis.
    I love life

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 10, 2010 @ 11:12 AM

20. Hi All,
    I’m thankful for so much I dont even know where to start.
    I have a bunch of irons in the fire and I’m just waiting for some doors to open.
    I’m thankful for informed people like Phylis who helped me with a clear and focused message.
    I’m thankful for all you , who inspire me.
    Never give up, there could be a door ready to open for us that we never dreamed possible.
    God Bless You All.

Comment by Charlie — November 11, 2010 @ 3:15 AM

21. Charlie, thank you for your words of inspiration. You are really a help to me, along with Jennifer, Reem, Phylis and Patricia.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 11, 2010 @ 10:32 AM

22. I am thankful that Charlie is tuned in to what is needed,,, thank you Charlie, your words lit the path for me,,,

I really am thankful for my son-in-law (honest!)

I’m thankful that my brother is so happy and I get to talk to him everyday

I am thankful that Charlie is so blessed

I’m thankful for my family and another good supper

I’m thankful to be here

Comment by patricia moran — November 11, 2010 @ 11:56 AM

23. Thank yoy all for the kinds words, but I have to tell you,and I promise I wont preach. I personally get my inner strength thru my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    Yesterday I spoke with the CEO of our Company (scared my boss) but I offered to speak at any fund raisers or Co. programs about Epilepsy and Hope. The CEO said they will find a place to use me. Lets see what happens.
    Thank you all for your inspiration, otherwise I might be sitting on the sidelines sitting on my hands.
    Blessings to all

Comment by Charlie — November 11, 2010 @ 7:36 PM

• “FIND A PLACE TO “USE” YOU? He should be down on his knees with gratitude!

Maybe you should invite him to this page! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 11, 2010 @ 8:44 PM

• good idea!

Comment by Charlie — November 12, 2010 @ 1:50 AM

24. I am going to have an MRI next week
    2 weeks from now I am going to have Physical Therapy
    I need to see an opthamalolgist to make sure no damage has been done to my eye.

I am getting better.

Charlie, I am glad you are taking the iniative to educate people about epilepsy. I hope your boss has sense enough to take you up on it.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 13, 2010 @ 1:49 AM

25. Today’s list:

1. I’m representing the EFA at a big wellness fair tomorrow

2. I’m done with the infectious disease doc (and MERSA) — I hope

3. I got to see an old, dear, far-away friend for coffee today

4. My niece and nephew will be moving back from the UK in January

5. I got a funny get well card from a friend!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 13, 2010 @ 3:14 AM

26. I am thankful for my son-in-law

I am thankful that my doc lowered my diabetes meds,

I am thankful that I have lost weight

I am thankful for Larry

I am thankful that I have a nice cozy bed to sleep in.

please bless those in need

Comment by patricia moran — November 13, 2010 @ 9:19 AM

27. I have many greatfullnes things:

1. parents taking the time to help me when they can to help me
    2. able to LIVE on my own
    3. beautiful music, craft, and hobbies
    4. being able to HEAR (though not perfect) my music creation
    5. be able to SEE the music sheets to read it, and also all my music creations
    6. be able to WALK from one place to another
    7. be able to SPEAK and THINK my thoughts to creat things

Everyone is creative in their own way.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 14, 2010 @ 5:40 AM

28. Great to hear all this good news!
    People healing.
    Old friends getting together
    Being thankful for the little things that most people take for granted.
    Jennifer’s creativity
    I’m thankful for the beautiful sunrise I experienced. I left early for work and rode along the Ocean. For me, it was God’s Creation screaming at me. Saying “look what a beautiful world, God made for you” and giving me another day to make the best of it.
    With this Thankful bunch, I know we all make the best of tough situations and push on.
    We may get down sometimes,
    but we refuse to stay there!
    Blessings to all

Comment by Charlie — November 14, 2010 @ 8:51 AM

29. Patricia, I did not know that you have diabetes. I have diabetes Type 2. I am not on medicine. I am on diet and exercise.

I am thankful that my BG is under control.
    I am thankful that my A1c comes out normal every 3 months.

I am glad that I have a roof over my head, for now. So many people are homeless now.

I have good doctors and I am healing.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 14, 2010 @ 10:57 AM

30. Today’s List:

1. I am thrilled that so many people attended yesterday’s Health Fair

2. It was great to educate little kids and explain to them what epilepsy is. (And I gave each a First Aid card.)

3. The high point of the day was when a police sergeant came over and I asked him if his guys knew how to recognize a seizure and if they knew what to do. He said many of his staff were volunteers and didn’t have a clue. (At least he was honest.) So, I asked if he’d like a bunch of materials for his guys and he took quite a lot and said that he’d have a training meeting about epilepsy — how to recognize seizures, what to do and what NOT to do.

4. Another lady who was a special needs teacher (who was well-versed in epilepsy because of her special needs kids) came by and I asked her about her associates and if they knew what to recognize and what to do. She said “probably not” and saw this as an opportunity to inform them in a subtle, positive way.

5. I was grateful to bring awareness and education to so very many people.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 14, 2010 @ 10:16 PM

31. good morning !

Ruth ,, I have type 2 also and have been fighting it for 4 years,, I take metformin 500 mg at nite and 250 mg in the morning,, I have been winning the battle and my Doc says that if I keep making the progress that I have made since the beginning of this year that I may be able to come off the meds this year,,, this morn my blood sugar was 97 yeah !!!! I have been slowly losing weight for a year ,, 4 or 5 lbs a month that is what my doc wanted ,, a very slow reduction,, It’s easy to put back on if you do a rapid reduction,,, ( he said that if I needed help to lose weight he would chase me down the street with a stick!) I’m not that much overweight,, just enough to trip type 2 which most in my family are type 1 or 2,, I have trained my mind to say “that’s poison!!” every time I see something sweet,,, and I have noticed that stevia does not affect my bs at all, it seems all the other fake sugars do,,, I gently scrub my feet with a scrub brush every day in the bath to keep good circulation in them, ( I have a friend who has lost all of her toes to diabetes and she has trouble healing , so that scared me,,,)
    If you have epilepsy and diabetes,,, that’s 2 major things that you have to keep yourself in balance for,,, both of which are sensitive to stress,,,you must be doing a good job of balancing if you can keep your sugar in check without meds,, that’s my goal,, I’m getting closer,,, a lot of times when I just want an oreo cookie or something stupd I ask myself,, do you want that cookie ,,or your toes ?? I’m basically a chicken when it comes right down to it,, so I always choose to keep my toes,,

It’s the little things in life that are important,

today, I am thankful for the little angel that screams in my ear when I see sweets,,,
    I am thankful that everyone is healing up so fast and feeling better everyday,,,
    I am thankful that me and my son in law can butt heads,, and get over it with respect and love,,,
    I am thankful that I have not given in to my turkey craving, every year,, about 2 weeks before thanksgiving,, I start craving turkey really bad,, and if I make an early turkey,, it’s never as good as the thanksgiving turkey,, and then the thanksgiving turkey isn’t as good,, ( can you tell
    that food is important at my house?)
    I am thankful that we didn’t have any hurricanes this year,,,
    I am thankful that God listens when I ask for help for myself and others,,
    I am thankful that turkey is on sale (49 cents a pound here!) so that more people can have a turkey on thanksgiving,,,
    and please bless those in need

Comment by patricia moran — November 14, 2010 @ 11:18 PM

32. well I went out scouting for turkeys today,,,
    I’m thankful that they are looking good !!!
    sweet potatoes too !!
    I’m thankful that my family is safe,
    I’m thankful that broken relationships are being healed,,,
    I’m thankful that the Lord blesses us all,,

Good night John Boy !

Comment by patricia moran — November 16, 2010 @ 6:41 AM

33. Phylis,
    you never watched the Waltons???at the end of the program they,, never mind,, I liked the Waltons
    they lived on a mountain and everybody was nice and they always solved the problem,,,John Boy wrote the show about his family,, Kinda like a hillbilly Fiddler on the Roof ???

Comment by patricia moran — November 16, 2010 @ 8:27 AM

• Belive it or not, I didn’t watch TV…even all of the time I was bedridden!!!

But thanks for the info and the education. (My roommate in Boston couldn’t believe how naive I was!)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 16, 2010 @ 11:04 AM

34. Hi Patricia,

I have always taken care of my feet, too. It is important to keep the circulation going. It is easy for the blood to go down, but it is difficult for it to go back up. That is where exercise comes in. My feet are in good shape.

I loved the Walton’s. I watched it every week. I believe John Boy was Ritter. He went on and became a famous actor. I cannot think of his name right now.

It has been 2 weeks since my fracture. I am much better. My bruises are almost gone. My doctor says I can do housework. That means I can start doing excercises again.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 16, 2010 @ 10:26 AM

• Could the actor be John Ritter? (R.I.P.)

Happy to hear you’re disciplined and dedicated enough to exercise and be pro-active

Even happier to hear you are feeling better.

YAY Ruth!!!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 16, 2010 @ 11:08 AM

35. I can’t think of his name either,, but Phylis is definately the wise one on this mountain,,,my gran
    mother used to tell us that television would give us cavities in our brain,, and we’d never find a Dentist that would fill them,,
    I think that today, I may find THE turkey ,,, I can tell! I’m feeling very gobbley!

Comment by patricia moran — November 16, 2010 @ 6:28 PM

36. Hi everyone,

today im in sort of down mood

maybe if I list some things im greatfull i’ll feel better

so here goes: 1. Toni, whom I talk to alot, her humor makes me smile
    2. mother finally finished painting my computer room but she still needs to put some things up on the wall
    3. Reem
    4. my twin called last night for a few minutes with a problem, glad she felt good enough to share
    5. Raymond’s clients parents gave us the queen sized matress. Its almost new. They said it hurt her back. It was a “firm “. We needed a larger matress and were greatfull for it.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 17, 2010 @ 1:01 AM

37. I am grumpy,,, so I will use two hands to reach into my gratitude pocket,,*!? ,, I did it !

1.I am extra thankful that I met Phylis, because she has helped me learn so much about epilepsy,, and how to help ( without getting thrown in jail!)
    2. I went out to the barn and overheard Larry and Jason talking about epilepsy!
    3.things ARE better for those with epilepsy than they were 50 yrs. ago.
    4.I’m thankful for all of the blessings we receive every day and that we stop and think about them.
    5.that God gave us all redeeming qualities so we’re not such a pain in our own butts,,,
    6. ,,, ok ( I’m thankful that thanksgiving is getting closer every day!)

please bless those in need Lord

Comment by patricia moran — November 18, 2010 @ 3:29 AM

38. Hi All,
    I have a big Thankful list, but here are a few.
    I’m thankful for a good life,even though it had lots of things that could have been better, but they sure could have been worse also.
    f I went onto Glory today, I’m thankful and blessed, lumps, bumps and all.
    I’m thankful that my heart is burning for all of us, and I want to share my story. Some of my story is your story and some of your’s is mine. I’m thankful we’re all survivor’s and won’t give up!.
    Thankful that my wife is retiring and will have time to do some of the things on her heart.
    Thankful for the inspiration Phylis is!
    You have no clue how much I appreciate her and hope she feels better.
    How are the rest of you all?
    God Bless you.

Comment by Charlie — November 19, 2010 @ 9:17 AM

39. Today’s list:

1. I am grateful the entire Melanoma was removed from my left leg

2. NO CANCER!

3. I’m grateful to have Arthur to change my bandages

4. The MERSA is slowly going away, although these antibiotics are the pits!

5. I can now hobble along on BOTH legs, which beats being in bed…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 19, 2010 @ 9:45 PM

• That’s GREAT! keep on healing.

Comment by Charlie — November 20, 2010 @ 1:48 AM

40. What do you do if your mind is going crazy and dont know what to do with it.

I have nothing that I want to look up online. when people say they did house chores all day, I dont understand it. Yes, im single with no children, not that I want any. By no means, I dont.

Laundary is done. Dishes are done. Vacumed yesterday. Dusted. Maybe, I should just take it easy and watch tv. I do have to play guitar with a group of studiants at the music studio. I could sew up the hole in Quincey’s bed.

I do mentally beat myself up over decisions I have made that dont need a second thought. The problem is fixable. Just not at the moment. Im impatient with everything. I seem to think I will forget what needs remembering and the problem will get even bigger. I know its irrational.

Wish me luck on music.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 20, 2010 @ 11:35 PM

41. thankful things for today,,,

1. I am thankful for my friends
    2.I am thankful that I like people and like to make them laugh,, it makes me feel good,,,
    3.that my father was a wonderful man and that I can still feel him in my heart,,,
    4,I am thankful that I can feel what is right and what is wrong and that I always try to do the right thing,,,
    5. I am thankful that when I make Larry a good supper,,, he appreciates it,, that makes me feel good,,,
    please bless everyone with love and appreciation for each other

Comment by patricia moran — November 21, 2010 @ 7:09 AM

42. Hi,

1. im greatfull music went very good,
    2.no shaking from nervousness,
    3. and got most of the notes
    4. and also played without looking at my fingers.(which was very hard last month.)
    5. Quincey’s flea situation is now under control, none in house either
    6. Twin called me again last night

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 21, 2010 @ 9:59 PM

• Good for you. Sure sounds better than yesterday. You’re on a role. Just think, you could be Lauren Axelrod!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 21, 2010 @ 11:28 PM

• Hi Jennifer,
      how do you control your flea situation,,, we have one ,,, and we have 3 dogs,, all rescued
      I’m trying to avoid the toxic stuff if possible

Comment by patricia moran — November 22, 2010 @ 12:33 AM

• pat,

let me know how Vectra flea stuff is working in killing the fleas off of your dogs and getting them under control.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 22, 2010 @ 8:41 AM

43. I use the stuff called Vectra 3d. It really works. Unfortunately its not chemical free. I have tried alternatives but wasnt successfull with them. I have been told by many people that Frontline doesnt do the job anymore. Fleas seem to have gotten immune to it. Give this a try. It took 3-4 days for the fleas to be gone off of Quincey. Of course it will probably take 3 months or so for the fleas in your house to also be killed. Good luck. I thought it would never happen but it did. Quincey was scratching nonstop before I started to use it.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 22, 2010 @ 1:34 AM

44. Hi everyone,

Greatfull, 1. had a great day, but had a few simple and complex seiz.

2. but glad I didnt get hurt

3. greatfull my boyfriend was there with me and explain to those that witnessed them that I will be OK, and was just having a seiz.

4. ear almost healed

5. twin called me again today, but she was not happy, her boss wants her to work 2nd shift now instead first.

6. greatfull she felt good enough to call me and tell me her feelings, instead always a few sec. question

have a great day.

Jennifer

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 22, 2010 @ 8:38 AM

• Sounds like you’re having a rough time, but I’m really glad you’re getting a little closer to your sister!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 22, 2010 @ 10:28 PM

45. I am glad that I finally see my Physical Terapist today. I have been having problems staggering.

Snow is up in the mountains

I always wear my Medic Alert bracelet 24/7.

I am fixing coffee better.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 23, 2010 @ 12:49 AM

46. I am thankful that Ruth is having good coffee!!
    that’s important at my house !!!
    I am thankful that Larry’s daughter gave me a hug yesterday,,,
    I am thankful that I have a new weapon in the battle against the fleas,,,
    I am thankful that Phylis is picking up steam and sounds better,,,
    I am thankful for blue skies and fluffy clouds,,

Comment by patricia moran — November 23, 2010 @ 1:04 AM

47. Hi All
    I’m thankful that I was able to get out and participate in a flower give-away yesterday. Quite a Blessing!
    Thankful that I haven’t loused up my wife’s retirement ‘surprise’ dinner with my big mouth.
    Thankful I am off today and went to a newspaper to push for an Epilepsy Awareness article. If nothing else, I educated him, because his brother has Epilepsy. We’ll see what happens.
    Thankful my daughter got accepted for her Master’s degree program.
    Thankful a friend in Fl. who I’m helping understand his daughter’s seizure’s, sent me two purple Epilepsy awareness bracelets (rubber). got it on!
    thankful I have more friends than I realize!
    God Bless all of you and your families

Comment by Charlie — November 23, 2010 @ 1:47 AM

• When I went to the plastic surgeon to have my melanoma dug out, it turned out the nurse’s son had epilepsy and the doc’s daughter had a seizure disorder.

So, I spent to whole time on the table, while they were stitching, educating them. And at the end, I gave each of them one of my pens. They say: “Seizures Strike One in 10 Americans. Get enlightened at epilepsytalk.com.”

One end is a pen and then the other is an LED flashlight. So when you cover the flashlight, you have the pen and when you cover the pen, you have the flashlight.

A very cool idea (and gift — Arthur bought me about 100 of them for presentations, health fairs, etc.)

There’s nothing like a good bribe to get people over to your table! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 23, 2010 @ 4:45 AM

48. I am thankful that I finally saw my PT today.
    I have 3 simple exercises to do 2x each day to strengten my legs.
    I will be going for a walk each day and quit before my legs hurt.
    The rest of me is finally on the mend.
    My fracture is swollen again.
    I am thankful that I have great friends here.
    I am thankful that this November is Epilepsy Awareness Month.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 23, 2010 @ 10:57 AM

49. Thank you Phylis, I am glad we have you!! You have gone through a lot.

1. I did aerobics today.
    2. I feel better
    3. I am thankful that this is November Epilpsy Awareness Month
    4. I am thankful that we are having rain in the valley and snow in the mountains early. Maybe the drought is over.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 24, 2010 @ 4:51 AM

50. This was one of the most difficult years of my life, so many serious things happened so quickly, at times it was all I could do to just pray and duck,,I think that I had some big lessons and I hope that I learned them well,, things started to
    turn better quickly when I literally ran into Phylis,,,every time my life gets testy God sends me a pearl to help me get through,,,

But the result of all the trials and tribulations is well worth it,, my brother Joe is turning back into himself,,, his laugh , his enthusiasm,
    watching him enjoy his life and being a part of it,, it feels like a new miracle everyday,,I am so thankful,,beyond words,,so as terrible as this year was,, this thanksgiving is so special and really so wonderful that nothing else matters,,,
    things that I prayed for as a 10 yr old have come to pass,,, so remember, when things get so painful that you can hardly bear it,,, the blessings around the corner will be more powerful than any pain you are in right now,,, honest,,,
    I’m just thankful for everything!
    pat
    ( and tomorrow I know I will find THE Turkey! )

Comment by patricia moran — November 24, 2010 @ 9:46 AM

51. I’m Thankful for A LOT!
    I’m thankful that this year I’ll be able to enjoy Thankgiving Day . I was only a couple weeks out of the Hospital from my Brain Surgery last year and I was woozy, no appetite, popping pain pills,riding the couch, and just trying to heal. This year I feel great, working, driving,have strength again, have a great family, that includes you all, too! That I have more appreciation for the little things in life.
    That I went from 6 different meds to only 2
    That God gave me ‘peace’ to get through this year, and I want to share His love with others.
    God Bless you all. Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving

Comment by Charlie — November 24, 2010 @ 8:33 PM

52. This is the first full year of Epilepsy Talk. Just think, a year ago I didn’t know most of you. And look at all I was missing.

I’ve learned a lot from you, taught a lot to others and I am trying to forge on with my mission of awareness.

But without you all, I wouldn’t have the encouragement, the support, the enthusiam, the love.

Thanks for giving!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 24, 2010 @ 9:36 PM

53. I found the turkey!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you,, may you be blessed and happy and safe
    my love and my prayers go out to everyone,
    ps,
    Gobble! Gobble!

Comment by patricia moran — November 25, 2010 @ 12:58 AM

54. im greatfull 1. my twin called again
    2. my music teacher will give me a makeup lesson next week, since he was sick

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 25, 2010 @ 6:29 AM

• I am so glad that things are going better with your twin. (It’s never too late to reach out.)

Now that’s a reason for Thanksgiving! ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 25, 2010 @ 7:44 AM

55. Im always reaching out to her. I’ll never reach out to her and always will coz she is my twin.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 25, 2010 @ 10:07 AM

• Hi Jennifer,
      I have a sister that I always have to call, I don’t know why she never calls me,, but she rarely calls anyone, or anyone that I know about,,,I figure that sometimes life can put a thorn in your heart, that hurts but you don’t know how to pull it out,,I’m thankful that my sister talks to me and hope that she will get that thorn out somehow,,,I have no Idea what it is about but I figure, everytime I talk to her,,, I might be helping to loosen that thorn
      I love her ,and her thorn,

Comment by patricia moran — November 25, 2010 @ 8:21 PM

• Good for you for taking the high road!!!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 26, 2010 @ 2:14 AM

56. Happy Turkey Day!
    I’m glad to hear neither one of you is giving up. The same story went for me and my sis for a long time. Our faith in The Lord or coming back to our faith, time, maturity, and realization that we’re family and might not have time to reconcile, changed all of that. A really bad, broken, or just distant relationship always has hope.
    Never Give Up!
    God Bless

Comment by Charlie — November 25, 2010 @ 8:47 PM

57. Hi, im looking for a support group or person also doing the GARD diet. I cant do this alone.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 26, 2010 @ 12:42 AM

58. I did not realize that EpilepsyTalk has been here for 1 year. I have made a lot of friends.

I have been busy getting my health and house back in order. It’s about time!! I am glad that it is almost over. Just a few bruises, that’s all.

Sorry, I have not been around, just busy. I have not had time to be on the internet, lately.

Jennifer, let us know how your support group for GARD is doing. Is your diet going well?

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 26, 2010 @ 11:43 PM

59. well,

to tell you the truth, I have not been doing the diet completely. I have eatten foods I shouldnt.

But thanks to Phylis, who told me of a site where I can get the support I need.

Im very greatfull for that.

I’ll tell everyone how it goes.

The thing I love to eat and also hate to give it up is regular yogurt.

I do know it triggers my seiz. Maybe its the milk I cant tolerate? Maybe.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 27, 2010 @ 1:22 AM

• Perhaps you should try probiotics. It kills the unfriendly bacteria in your system to make way for nurturing the healthy bacteria.

“Probiotics are live microorganisms (in most cases, bacteria) that are similar to beneficial microorganisms found in the human gut. They are also called “friendly bacteria” or “good bacteria.” Probiotics are available to consumers mainly in the form of dietary supplements and foods.”

Here’s one of my favorite supplement sources: http://www.iherb.com/Enzymatic-Therapy-Acidophilus-Pearls-Active-Cultures-30-Capsules/2237?at=0

“Get the goodness of yogurt without the fat, the calories or the spoon(?)! This one-of-a-kind, dairy-free blend of probiotics guarantees delivery of active cultures where you need them.”

But I know you’ll miss the yummy taste. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 27, 2010 @ 2:17 AM

• well Phylis,

the bad thing is that it contains soy lecithin. Im not supposed to eat anything soy derived either.

I have been told about coconut yogurt. Ill give that a try, or goat yogurt. But, I dont think i’ll like the goat yogurt.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 27, 2010 @ 2:38 AM

60. if you can just get past the word “goat” ,, I think that you might be in for a pleasant surprise,,
    goat products are supposed to super digestable and
    kinda hypo-allergenic,,, Larry was intolerant of everything but goat milk as a baby and a child,,
    Ruthie ( his mom ) kept a goat around the whole time he was growing up,,his brother and sister liked the goat milk better than cow milk,, and Larry is super healthy and so are his bones,,,
    I just came out of my turkey coma,,
    Today I am thankful that all of the dishes are done!
    I am also thankful that Phylis knows about good probiotics,,some of the anti-biotics are strong enough to take your freckles off!!
    and one more thing I learned yesterday,,for Ruth,, there was a horse doctor at the Thanksgiving dinner,, he said that when an animal breaks a bone ,you should feed it one third more protien while it is mending so it will mend strong,,, are we considered animals??
    well, I’m going back into my turkey coma after I eat a turkey sandwich,,
    may you be blessed,

Comment by patricia moran — November 27, 2010 @ 6:29 AM

61. Thanksgiving was truly something to be thankful for…

1. Dinner with favorite friends

2. A truly wonderful meal

3. I had everyone around the table say what they were thankful for

4. I’m almost done with my MERSA…one more visit to the Infectious doc and then the Plastic Surgeon

5. A terrific visit with my niece who goes back to the UK tomorrow

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 27, 2010 @ 11:03 PM

62. Hi All,
    my Thankful list for today.
    free movie night and free child care for friday shoppers went great!
    I’ll get to speak at a Church tommorrow about Epilepsy Awareness and myths associated with it.
    I’m learning more everyday about something I lived with for 50 years! I used to think it was 40 years, but I found a document in an old lockbox That showed I went to a diagnostic Dr in NYC when I was 3.
    As for our yogurt discussion,(sorry Jen it has milk) I’m a fan of Chobani Plain, non-fat Greek Yogurt. It’s loaded with protein and They give 10% of their profits to charity.
    I’m gonna write them and see if Epilepsy research is on that list.
    God Bless

Comment by Charlie — November 28, 2010 @ 1:58 AM

• Let us know how the Church presentation goes. Should be interesting. Especially since you’re discussing the myths!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 28, 2010 @ 2:58 AM

63. It went Great! It’s amazing how many people will come up to you and tell you they have Epilepsy or they have a friend or Family member who has it. I’m glad I was able to enlighten about 100 people.
    There were also a bunch that said “I didn’t know that”
    Well, now they do.
    Thanks all.

Comment by Charlie — November 29, 2010 @ 2:18 AM

• YAY CHARLIE!!!! I was amazed that so many kids who came up to my table had parents, uncles, etc. with epilepsy.

And then, when I went to the plastic surgeon for my leg, both the doc and the nurse had relatives with epilepsy.

So why doesn’t anyone pay attention to us?

Enough complaining. I’m real PROUD of you Charlie! YOU ROCK!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 29, 2010 @ 9:27 PM

64. Nah Phylis, I don’t Rock. God Rocks! I’m just a passenger in this journey.
    You ask why people don’t pay attention to us? In my case it was because I didn’t tell anyone. My father didn’t want anyone to know. It wasn’t til my 40’s when my seizure’s kicked up a notch and Gran Mal’s were becoming more frequent that I informed people. Up til then I made up all kinds of excuses for my Partial complex’s. If I could do it over, I’d be more up front and not have tried to hide it.
    But I live in the present and now I want the world to know!
    You’re a true inspiration. Thank you Phylis and God bless you all

Comment by Charlie — November 29, 2010 @ 10:13 PM

• My parents wouldn’t even say the “E” word until I almost died in September ’10. (By then, my step-father the surgeon, my step-mother the psychologist and my birth father were DEAD!)

So, it only took being on life support for my mother to finally say the down and dirty word. 40+ years later! ๐Ÿ˜‰

But perhaps if they hadn’t been so secretive, I wouldn’t have such a BIG mouth!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 30, 2010 @ 6:05 AM

65. im thankfull for Reem, Toni, , Pat and others from the GARD support site. Its a big help. Them willing to listen, makes me not so much sad today.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 30, 2010 @ 3:27 AM

66. I am thankful,,for being thankful!! ( a lot of people aren’t)
    being thankful makes you stop and think,,
    being thankful makes you sort out the trash in your life and discard it,,,(did I tell you that Larry and I are both world class pak rats?)
    being thankful keeps you humble,,,
    all of the world’s religions say that humble people get some kind of really good prize !!!
    may you be blessed with a good one !!!

Comment by patricia moran — December 1, 2010 @ 1:03 AM

• You’re WONDERFUL. I’m thankful for YOU!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 1, 2010 @ 4:15 AM

• thank you Phylis,,have you heard from Ruth?
      she is being very quiet,,, we can’t have that !

Comment by patricia moran — December 1, 2010 @ 8:06 AM

• Sometimes she just takes a brief “vacation” from the internet.

I know she has lots of doc appointments this week and next, but I’ll check up on her.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 1, 2010 @ 8:30 AM

67. Pat,

I gave my address to Phylis, she can give it to you. For some reason, my email will not let me send it to you at that address. Ask her for it.

Jennifer

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 2, 2010 @ 12:21 AM

68. Thank you Patricia, but you do not need to worry. I have been seeing doctors practically everyday. I am seeing my PT 2 times a week. They have a sign up saying that Only patients can use the gym. I am going to check on that. I will use the gym as much as I can.

I am starting to get my strenght back. I stop when my fracture starts hurting. Then I rest. I got some housework done today.

My PT is concentrating on my legs for strenght and balance.

I want to wait to get new glasses when I am healed. That way they will fit right.

I have never used makeup in my life. Does anyone know what makeup I can use to hide the bruises? I have real light color skin. I would appreciate it.

I like you all, I am going to be real busy getting back in shape. That will make me noisy. I will be quiet on the internet, though. I have been off of the internet.

Hugs to everyone!!

Comment by Ruth Brown — December 2, 2010 @ 4:57 AM

• I’m so relieved and HAPPY to hear from you Ruth. And know that you’re doing all kinds of good things to help heal yourself.

Putting off the purchase of glasses is a good idea. You have to wait for the bruises and swelling to disappear.

Sorry, I don’t use makeup either…but you need some kind of concealer. There are all kinds of botanically based concealers at Yves Rocher (they were a client of mine), ranging in price from $14 to $6.

There’s a LONG-LASTING, FLAWLESS COVERAGE CORRECTOR which you can get for any complexion tone for $9. http://www.yvesrocherusa.com/control/makeup/quick-touch-ups-concealers/flawless-finish-corrector/?cmSrc=Search

And there’s Concealer that comes in a stick (like a lipstick) which is a powder-cream formula that conceals shadows and little flaws with a transparent finish for $6. http://www.yvesrocherusa.com/control/makeup/quick-touch-ups-concealers/concealer/?cmSrc=Search

That’s the best I can do. But with a little advice, you could probably find some similar concealer (make sure it matches the tone of your skin) at a local drug store.

Anyway, we’re happy to have you back!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 2, 2010 @ 7:32 AM

69. im thankfull for my mother having a key to come over and rescue me and let me in. I locked myself out of my appartment.
    2. music went good yesterday, and now have another peice to learn for january
    3. im learning to cook, I found I like the taste of fish.
    4. for RobinN and her encouragement and support in my GARD diet

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 3, 2010 @ 7:22 AM

70. Hi All,
    What a beautiful cool clear day we had around these parts. I’m blessed, to have an outdoor job.
    I’m thankful that a friend of mine had excellent news from her Dr. No Cancer! PTL
    We have no idea how blessed we are until we face adversity and look back at how we perservered in spite of it.
    I was able to relate to a person about to undergo Brain tumor surgery, and now he’s out of the hospital after 4 days! PTL I spent a little more than 2 weeks in the hospital for my Brain surgery , but I had a successful Epilepsy surgery .PTL.
    My friend in Fl is about to get a puppy to train as her seizure alert dog. PTL.
    Do any of you have info on National Epilepsy day in March? I never heard of it.
    Thankful I’ll be ringing a bell for the Salvation Army a couple times this week. They always need volunteers.
    Thankful for the encouragement you all are to me.
    We get knocked down, but we get back up again!
    This site is like “Perserverance Central” !
    God Bless you all!

Comment by Charlie — December 3, 2010 @ 8:53 AM

71. 1. Arthur got me cala lilies as a surprise…it made my week!

2. My stitches come out next week…

3. Having dinner tonight with a far-away friend

4. Making progress on gift wrapping

5. Made a delicious roast chicken — Arthur’s favorite! ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 3, 2010 @ 9:41 PM

72. im thankfull for Cecile called but didnt say much
    2. I went for an hr long walk with Quincey, but it wasnt all peicefull, he tugged like crazy from 1 side to the next
    3. I made something healthy to eat today, fish with rice and spinach salad. delicious!
    4. the house is beautifully decorated for christmas.
    5. I didnt stray from my diet today

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 4, 2010 @ 8:26 AM

73. Everything is going a lot better for me.

1. It is raining, so indoor exercises only
    2. Glad to have the rain
    3. Now, I have to schedule an appointment for new glasses.
    4. My carbs and BG are great!! I am also a diabetic.
    5. I thank everyone for your encouragement.

Comment by Ruth Brown — December 5, 2010 @ 2:51 AM

74. I am thankful that I finally found out which bone Ruth broke so I can be more specific in my prayers
    I am thankful that God answers prayers
    I am thankful for Larry
    good nite John Boy,,, may you be blessed

Comment by patricia moran — December 5, 2010 @ 8:03 AM

75. I am grateful that:

1. We took one of my best friends out for her birthday dinner and she was thrilled with the evening and with her present.

2. Yesterday Max the Christmas Moose was installed and we had a ceremonial lighting of Max. (Not exactly like Rockefeller Center, but…)

3. Was able to find some little Christmas decorations (tea towelels, ribbons for the post box, guest towels) without having to brave the masses. (I started at 8AM!)

4. This afternoon, a friend is coming over to help us decorate the tree.

5. Epilepsy Talk is usally getting more than 100 visits a day!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 6, 2010 @ 1:37 AM

76. Pat thank you for thinking of me. I am greatful to have such a good friend.

Comment by Ruth Brown — December 6, 2010 @ 5:53 PM

77. I am thankful that I didn’t knock Phylis down when
    I ran into her,,
    I am thankful I have felt Gods presence in my life
    I am scared , but thankful that I am taking Joe to the EEOC today,, It’s in Gods hands !
    I am thankful that the Epilepsy foundation helped the State of Fla pay for Joe’s surgery 20 yrs. ago.
    I am thankful that Violet is only dumping baby shampoo on her head,,,
    please bless those in need

Comment by patricia moran — December 6, 2010 @ 10:06 PM

• When did you “run into me”???

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 6, 2010 @ 11:53 PM

• Help !!! help!!! I need a lawyer for my brother!!!,,remember,, you came up with a list,,
        I was running!!!

Comment by patricia moran — December 7, 2010 @ 8:24 AM

78. Epilepsy Foundation Attorney Resources โ€” The Jeanne A. Carpenter Epilepsy Legal Defense Fund coordinates and supports a network of attorneys who have agreed to provide services, pro bono, for a set number of hours, and to consider, if appropriate, representing the individual on a pro bono, sliding scale or contingency fee basis. In addition, they access to a national database of legal and scientific articles about epilepsy and related legal issues. http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/epilepsylegal/attyresources.cfm

American Bar Association (ABA) โ€” Although the ABA cannot help you directly, there are many people out there who can. This site will guide you to a list of resources in your state. Most legal issues are regulated by the law in the state where you live, or where the problem occurred. Simply click on a state (or Canada) to find free legal help in that state. http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/findlegalhelp/home.cfm?gnav=global_publicresources_findlegalhelp And for an explanation of how finding free services works, go to: http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/findlegalhelp/faq_freehelp.cfm#probono

LawHelp โ€“ โ€œis your gateway to Americaโ€™s nonprofit legal aid providers.โ€ They help low and moderate income people find free legal aid programs in their communities, and answers to questions about their legal rights. For free legal aid referrals and information, choose your state and click on it. http://www.lawhelp.org/

Legal Services Corporation (LSC) โ€“ is the single largest provider of civil legal aid for the poor in the nation. LSC distributes more than 95 percent of its total funding to 136 independent nonprofit legal aid programs with more than 900 offices that provide legal assistance to low-income individuals and families throughout the nation. http://www.lsc.gov/about/factsheet_whatislsc.php#backtotop For a map of where LSC services are available, click on http://www.lsc.gov/map/index.php

The National Center for Law and Economic Justice โ€“ recruits major law firms to act as pro bono co-counsel. They ask civil rights, civil liberties, womenโ€™s rights, disability rights, and immigrantsโ€™ rights organizations and other legal advocacy organizations, to co-counsel with them. http://www.nclej.org/about.php

Lawyers.com โ€” provides inexpensive pro bono legal help with programs manned by local attorneys whoโ€™ve agreed to provide free legal representation to those who qualify, either because of income or circumstances. Programs are also available for people who earn too much to qualify for legal services or pro bono programs, but donโ€™t make enough to hire an attorney at traditional rates. http://research.lawyers.com/When-You-Cant-Afford-a-Lawyer.html

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 7, 2010 @ 9:17 PM

• Phylis
      in july or august I was near panic trying to help Joe find a lawyer,,I was going all around (chasing my tail) until you came up with the list,,thank you again

Comment by patricia moran — December 8, 2010 @ 6:27 AM

79. I know this is a “greatfull list” but I am in need of support and understanding. Today im just angry I cant drive. I needed money and ride to bank. Mother said she would take me , but canceled. Im not angry she canceled. Just the fact I cant drive and always need to be patient. Im greatfull people are willing to drive me. I really am.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 8, 2010 @ 12:16 AM

• Maybe you could arrange a “car pool” of friends? That’s what I did when I couldn’t drive. Certain people took me grocery shopping…others took me to the docs…etc.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 8, 2010 @ 2:17 AM

80. I am very thankful that Larry loves me and that we have a warm snuggly bed,,
    I am thankful that my brother does too
    I’m thankful that i will remember to get batteries tomorrow ,,,I am thankful for books
    may you be blessed

Comment by patricia moran — December 8, 2010 @ 6:24 AM

81. Hi All,I’ve been busy as a beaver this past week, and don’t see a slow down any time soon.
    And I’m Thankful for that!
    I know the hurt Jen goes through, because I would also get down sometimes because I couldn’t drive.
    I’m Thankful I eventually saw that as a blessing after I realized all I had been missing as I rushed about. I notice so much more on my bike or on foot. I’m Thankful for the patience I learned,The heart I have now for people that can’t get around for any reason. And for the many people I learned to lean on for help. I’m thankful for the Church I went to that accepted me, truly showed Christ’s love, and not just talked about it.
    I’m thankful our blood drive is going well so far.That the blood collected on the 19th will be available on Christmas Day, due to the 6 day lag in processing. What a great gift.
    I’m Thankful I didn’t freeze as I rang the Salvation Army bell, and some nice lady brought me a Hot Chocolate.
    I’m thankful that Phylis is so dedicated and keeps us informed on so much stuff we might otherwise miss.
    I’m thankful that I haven’t been discouraged on spreading the word about Epilepsy Awareness, eventhough I’ve run into some deadends. I have just begun to fight! I have some new leads that I’m going to check on, and I’m gonna rattle some cages on some of the old ones.
    I’m thankful for a wonderful wife
    and good friends, which I count you all as.
    I could go on til next year, but I’ll quit there.
    God bless and never give up

Comment by Charlie — December 10, 2010 @ 9:54 AM

82. thankfull for a great day. was out for the day at Target plaza. Quincey behaved. Music went great yesterday. Teacher said he was pleased that I improved more than he expected, in just 1 week. I had emailed him telling him that I couldnt do the new technique, its like I cant even play any of the peices. He emailed me back and said it will take time to learn this new way. That was a day or two after lesson last week. This week, is when he said he was pleasantly supprised that I got it. He also said, that usually it takes a student to learn this weeks or even months. Im happy about it. I mean its not automatic yet. I have to think about it. But its a great improvement. When a student practices and really learn this, they become great players. I think the new technigue will become automatic so in a week or two. Good night and sleep well tonight. Have a great day the next.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 10, 2010 @ 11:48 AM

• Way To Go!!!!

Comment by Charlie — December 10, 2010 @ 7:32 PM

• BRAVO for you Jennifer. We’re all real proud of you. Just have some faith in yourself, put your mind to it and the world could be yours!!!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 10, 2010 @ 9:46 PM

83. I have learned that people are willing to help. Intrinsically, they are good. But first you must reach out and ask them. You’ll rarely be disappointed.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 10, 2010 @ 9:48 PM

84. Hi everyone,

I need some help, im looking for any suggestions on how to look for a ride for errands, and even to the YMCA, and even to Greensboro swing dance society. I know some will say church members, but I dont go to church. Would you just call them up and ask? And say what? Thanks.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 12, 2010 @ 11:55 PM

85. You could initiate a car pool where one person takes you to the same place every day. (That’s what my uncle did.)

Call friends and neighbors and tell them you need their help because you cannot drive. (People instictively want to help. But you must reach out to them first.)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 13, 2010 @ 12:46 AM

86. A car pool is a great idea. I never thought of that. Jennifer, I cannot drive either.

Have you called your city transit center? A lot of cities and towns have Dial A Ride. You just call up about 2 hours ahead and request a ride. They come and take you to where you need to go. It does not cost much. Then you call them up when you are ready to leave.

I take advantage of that a lot.

Comment by Ruth Brown — December 13, 2010 @ 12:55 AM

87. Yes Ruth,

We have one but it costs 6 $ one way, and it doesnt run on weekends or go out of town. Im still searching for ways. Im sure i’ll find ways. I’ll let you know what i’ve come up with

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 13, 2010 @ 12:59 AM

88. jen, I’ve been thinking about your question a couple days now, I don’t have a sure-fire, great answer, but I can tell you how I did it before I moved back North to the land of mass transit.
    I lived way out in the sticks, and I used to pay a ‘little’ attention (not excessive) to the travels of my surrounding neighbor’s.One guy used to pass everyday at 5AM, so I went down the block and asked him for a ride “once in awhile”. Because I was appreciative and didn’t expect a ride, he offered to take me every day he worked. I got to work two hours early and used that time to read. I would ask for rides from others also, but was very careful not to ‘expect’ a ride or be pushy in any way.
    And yes, I did rely on people I met in Church.
    I also didn’t ask the same people every time by rotating my ‘asking’.
    Walking and bike riding also was a good way for me to get around. I was blessed to have a pretty good ‘aura’ and I’d be able to sit down or get off my bike in time. That might not be a good answer for your situation, but it sure helped me.
    I hope some of those idea’s help you.
    Good Luck

Comment by Charlie — December 16, 2010 @ 11:42 AM

89. hi Charley,

Thanks so much for those tips and taking the time to think about my situation for a few days. Thank you so much. You know, I hate to ask people for help.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 16, 2010 @ 11:04 PM

• Try it, it’s not so bad and you get to meet your neighbor’s and make new friends.
      God Bless

Comment by Charlie — December 17, 2010 @ 1:44 AM

90. I’ve been trying to figure out all the ropes on my new computer, but I’m VERY grateful that

1. We had a brand new (cute, little) computer to replace it.

2. All the hard work AJ took to set it up

3. The 2 days he took to get the problems with the new computer fixed (like it wouldn’t interface with my printer!)

4. Then all the patience he showed, transferring all of my data, copy and programs. (That means Epilepsy Talk, also!)

5. The fact that I live with such a kind, patient, smart and wonderful man!!!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 17, 2010 @ 5:41 AM

• Thank you Arthur,, I am thankful that Phylis only had a small transition time to the new computer ( did you get a Mac ? )

I am thankful for all of the people who have helped me , help my brother,,,

I am thankful for the cold weather , it will sweeten the oranges!

I am thankful that I am NOT making cookies !

may you be blessed

Comment by patricia moran — December 17, 2010 @ 7:00 AM

91. I am thankful that the drought will definetly be over. We are going to have record rainfall in CA. I only hope that the computer does not go out. If it does, you will know why you have not heard from me.

I only hope that the dam does ont break. If it does, no more home.

Comment by Ruth Brown — December 17, 2010 @ 3:55 PM

92. Where is everyone?

So far, the flood has not happened. It is still in the weather forecast, though. Just regular rainfall.

Watch the CA weather forecast. Right now, we are, according to them, drenched in rain. We are not. I am still on the computer.

I am thankful we are getting rain. We really need it.
    I am thankful for this day of life.
    I am thrilled that my time of my fall is finally over.
    I am glad that Phylis got her computer going.

Comment by Ruth Brown — December 18, 2010 @ 9:34 PM

93. I am excited about our new Epilepsy Foundation of Eastern PA Christmas card. It was a team effort and it’s terrific. The front has wonderful artwork by one of the Camp Achieve participants. Inside flap has her story, photo, name and age. Facing that is a thank you for all the contributions that makes it possible for young people to achieve and surpass their boundaries. It’s just so beautiful and personal.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 18, 2010 @ 9:51 PM

94. has anyone heard from Reem? I havent for a wk. We usually talk everyday.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 19, 2010 @ 10:31 PM

• No, I haven’t…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 19, 2010 @ 11:02 PM

• Gratitude,,, ok
        I am thankful that ,,wait,, I need a sip of coffee,, ok that’s better I am thankful that unemployment was extended for the thousands of families out of work !!!
        Merry Christmas
        please bless those in need Lord

Comment by patricia moran — December 21, 2010 @ 7:57 PM

95. YAY!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 21, 2010 @ 10:51 PM

96. Hi everyone, Anyone know where I could buy some fresh kefir grains?

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 22, 2010 @ 11:39 AM

• I am on the same path,,, but haven’t decided which place to get them from,, google kefir,, there’s a bunch,, I’m trying to contact an old expert friend to find out if there is a difference,
      good luck

Comment by patricia moran — December 22, 2010 @ 8:42 PM

97. I am thankful that our house has not flooded.
    I feel sorry for those who have been flooded.
    We are well and fine.
    The rain is going to quit for 2 days.

Comment by Ruth Brown — December 23, 2010 @ 2:36 AM

• I am thankful that Ruth has come to no danger…her house is still standing…and that she will get a break from the rain for 2 days.

I am happy Ruth is still with us on the computer and has electricity.

Please stay safe and dry!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 23, 2010 @ 4:38 AM

• yay Ruth and family !!!!
        I’m still praying !!

Comment by patricia moran — December 24, 2010 @ 8:07 PM

98. Happy Birthday Jesus,
    thank you for teaching us so much.
    I think that your Mother was very special,,, and your Father,,
    please Bless those in need,

Comment by patricia moran — December 25, 2010 @ 10:23 AM

99. On this Christmas Morning I’m Thankful for a whole bunch! I am Thankful that Jesus came to this world to save us, That the ‘live’ Navity In front our our church went well. None of the sheep or donkeys escaped. I’m Thankful that somebody brought a portable fireplace to keep us warm. I’m Thankful that I have made so many new friends this year and when I ask prayer for you all, I always say “my friend”. You’ve been such a Blessing to me. I’m thankful that Phylis was so moved by her experiences that she started this site. I’m Thankful that her knowledge is being spread to so many of us that have shared experiences, and we in turn share that with others.
    God Bless you all, stay safe, and enjoy your day.

Comment by Charlie — December 26, 2010 @ 1:46 AM

100. I hear in your area, New York, Washington and Newark are going to have the storm of the century.That is by Pennsyvania. Get ready!!Let me know how you are.

I am thankful that we are safe. I hope everyone is safe. I do not complain if my house floods. I will be thankful that I am still alive.

I am thankful that I have neighbors and friends who help each other.

Comment by Ruth Brown — December 26, 2010 @ 10:29 AM

• Oooops. I spoke too soon. There’s a winter advisory until Monday afternoon with 6-10 inches expected!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 27, 2010 @ 2:54 AM

• I have something new to be Thankful for! After 20 years I haven’t forgotten how to drive in the snow. My first drive today, was a whiteknuckle ride for my wife though. We got home alright and plan on staying here.
        stay safe.

Comment by Charlie — December 27, 2010 @ 3:57 AM

101. I am thankful that my grandfather taught me to drive in the snow,, and I taught my daughter,, first you get two giant bags of cat litter and put them in the trunk as close to being on top of your rear wheel drive as you can,, then if you get stuck,, you can always use the catlitter to help you get out,,, I used to take Tammy out in the snow and let her practice coming out of a skid in deserted parking lots,,, thank God for Grandfathers !!! I am also thankful that Phylis lives in a good area where they are used to dealing with big snow falls,,,

Comment by patricia moran — December 28, 2010 @ 1:47 AM

• I wish I knew your Grandfather today, after 2 hours of snow drifts, hypothermia and hysterics! ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 28, 2010 @ 8:14 AM

102. hi everyone,

I know I have not been on here in a while. Im greatfull that my boyfriend now understands my diet and respects my choice to do it, and to not sabatoge it. Its now much easier to eat right without those foods I had to learn to do without. Im still excited to continue the diet because I have found new wonderful tasting foods. I still have my daily seiz. but am still hopefull. I have read that for me it may take months before I will see results, because I have that many. Am greatfull for the challenges we all face. God does not give us more than we can handle. Greatfull that my twin is now making an effort to talk with us more.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 28, 2010 @ 2:05 AM

• Hat’s off to you Jennifer for your persistence! Keep going. You’ll be fine with that attitude…

Just have some faith in YOURSELF!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 28, 2010 @ 8:17 AM

103. Hi Jennifer, I am glad that you are getting the support that you need for your diet. How come it will take so long to see results? I am also glad that your twin is talking to you more.

Pat, that is a great idea, catlitter. I agree we learn a lot from our grandfathers. They have information that are practical. Especially things that were before the computer age. I will remember that if we go to the mountains in the winter. I would love to but hubby says “nO.’

Comment by Ruth Brown — December 28, 2010 @ 7:40 AM

• yeah ,,, but I still think that those fix it kinda guys are worth their weight in gold,,,
      ( once a friend unknowingly used someones ashes to get out of being stuck in the snow,,,)
      how could you not tell it was an urn ???
      and why would you put someone you loved’s ashes in the trunk ???

Comment by patricia moran — December 28, 2010 @ 8:33 AM

104. I do not know why it will take long. I have been told this. Maybe it will help sooner. I think I used to do a diet like this years ago, and it took long then too. When I went to college, I didnt do the diet anymore, so then my seiz. got worse again.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — December 28, 2010 @ 8:28 AM

105. Way to go Jen! You sound like you’re on track to success! What a great attitude! Doesn’t it feel good? I wish someone had told me about that diet (maybe my doctor!) when I was seizuring multiple times a day.
    I’m glad to hear things are going better with your twin. PTL ! I was also wondering how your guitar lessons are going?
    I’m thankful I was able to shovel as much snow (8 inches, with 3 foot drifts) as I did. Then I was blessed by some members of my church. They came by to help me with the MOUNTAIN at the end of the driveway, where the town plowed me in. Not only that, they came inside and helped with a basement project! What a double blessing!
    I wish you lived closer Phylis, because I would sure help dig you out! You help so many other people. Ruth, is there a tour company near you that could take you and hubby to the mountains, so no one has to drive? is that practical or too dangerous?
    God Bless you all

Comment by Charlie — December 28, 2010 @ 9:49 AM

106. There is a shuttle bus, but it only runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day. No winter months.

Comment by Ruth Brown — December 28, 2010 @ 11:24 AM

107. I am thankful that we have heat and plenty of food and friends,,, I am thankful that 2011 will be a good year for everyone,,, I am thankful that I found a good church to go to,,, I am thankful that my daughter still listens to me (sometimes ),,I am thankful that God has answered so many of my prayers
    Please bless those in need

Comment by patricia moran — December 29, 2010 @ 7:08 AM

108. I am thankful that the drought is finally over.
    I am glad that Phylis is going to be all right.

Comment by ruth brown — December 29, 2010 @ 7:23 AM

109. Phylis, you are welcome. I felt that you needed some upbuilding after being in that blizzard. I hope the blizzard is over. I have not heard any more news about it. Did you get your car back?

The rains are starting again. It is a good thing that we have sand bags. We found a small leak inside the house by the fireplace. We put sandbags around the fireplace on the outside. It will be all right. The roof is in great shape.

Comment by ruth brown — December 30, 2010 @ 7:05 AM

• 1. I am grateful that Ruth will be safe in the deluge of rain

2. I owe many thanks to the people who towed my car, the man who tried to help me shovel out, the man who gave me a ride (to the wrong place!) the gas station lady who tried to convince me to come in out of the cold, the state trooper who found me, Arthur for taking such good care of me…

3. There really are good, caring people in the world, if you just put your faith in them…

4. And thankfully I have Ruth and all the rest of you…

5. Thank you for caring!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 30, 2010 @ 10:06 PM

110. Sometimes we’re surrounded by angels and don’t even know it. I’m so thankful you were helped by those people.
    This sure has been quite a year for most of us, with many changes and challenges.
    I’m planning on welcoming the new year. We’re doing Midnight Communion at Rushingwind’s Biker Church to start the year off on the right foot. It’ll be interesting to see what’s in store for us in 2011.
    God bless each and every one of you in 2011.
    Happy New Year!

Comment by Charlie — December 31, 2010 @ 2:08 AM

111. Time to move to Part — 4. A happy and healthy new year to you and all those you love…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — December 31, 2010 @ 9:30 PM