Gratitude is the Attitude — Part 2 | October 9, 2010

Sometimes, I get into a funk so bad that it’s like a black hole.  Until I remember the safety ladder that I always carry in my pocket.

I think of at least five things I’m grateful for.  Or if I’m down there awhile, I stretch it to ten.

Here are the top five on my gratitude list:

1. My life.  After going to 12 schools in 12 years and a war zone home, I have a home of my own where I’ve lived for more than 20 years, peacefully and secure.

2. My husband.  He’s the one who makes me feel secured, loved, important.  He respects me and to him, I am valuable.

3. My cat. I never knew I’d end up having to save her life but the rewards have been immense.  Lots of laughs, comfort and cuddles.

4. My friends.  They are my sanity check whom I can run to with my troubles and triumphs.  They applaud me some times and at other, tell me I’m out of my mind.

5. My job.  I live to write.  Always have.  It’s my reason for getting up in the morning.  And what could be better than writing to help people with epilepsy.  It’s a win-win!

I only hope others are as fortunate as me…

1. One of the best things in life is sharing. Good days, bad days, inbetween days. Happiness, laughter, tears, or sorrow.

And having people who care enough to share their thoughts, hopes, dreams and even a simple day gone by.

This is one of life’s rich rewards and gratitude is my attitude for love and life itself.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 9, 2010 @ 9:24 PM

2. I am grateful you have the imagination to use the program. I get into funks in and out! Thanks for sharing the info! It kicks me into gear 🙂

Wonderful husband, young adults, pets, friends!

Comment by Tonialpha — October 9, 2010 @ 9:38 PM

3. Today’s gratitude list:

1. All of you for cheering each other on.

2. Having a positive thread with so many people participating. (263 posts!)

3. People who truly believe that caring is sharing.

4. All of your posts.

5. All of YOU!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 9, 2010 @ 9:47 PM

4. Hi Charlie, you can drive again. I want to congratulate you.

My list:

1. Phylis made it possible for me to participate in “Gratitude is the Attitude.” My computer would not let me participate in Part 1, anymore.

2. I have been doing housework. Just got to my computer.

3. I slept all night. I hope this get’s rid of my insomnia.

4. I feel great.

5. I know everyone will participate in Part 2. “Gratitude is the Attitude” is such a great blessing.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 10, 2010 @ 1:39 AM

5. Grateful for waking up to another day.
    Thankful the temps here in AZ are finally dropping below 100.
    Grateful to Phylis for caring & sharing.
    Thankful for the Peace of Mind, that I know I count on her & others to impart.
    Grateful I still Have a Mind. 🙂

Love Candi

Comment by Candi — October 10, 2010 @ 2:00 AM

6. Phylis, you do not owe it to me. Everyone knows that this is a great post that you started. This is an addition to Part 1. This is a very loving and caring post. You owe it to everyone who participates.

We all love it here. I look forward to Charlie, Jennifer and everyone else to join us here.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 10, 2010 @ 4:29 AM

7. so which do I write in, the part 1 or part 2?

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 10, 2010 @ 7:12 AM

8. Hi All! Thanks for the encouraging words, I survived my first solo! It was exhilerating and terrifying at the same time! I must have sent over 100 text’s telling my friends, who I had told “I would NEVER drive again, That I was..OTRA PTL.(I’m gonna try and get a plate like that)
    On The Road Again Praise The Lord !
    I am so thankful that I will be able to help other’s with rides.
    I am thankful that I found all of you thankful people who also face trials every day.
    I’m thankful for Phylis and her outreach to us. What a wonderful person you must be.
    Thankful to see some more folks chiming in.
    Thankful that Ruth has been ‘uncrashed’ and back with us.
    Thankful to God that I’m still alive. I should have been dead many many times.
    Thankful for a home and a good supportive wife.
    I’m Thankful for everything!

Comment by Charlie — October 10, 2010 @ 9:35 AM

9. Charlie, why were you terrified? It sounds like you are doing great!! Just remember, do not text and drive at the same time. Keep your eyes on the road.

I know another person with seizures, who after being seizure free for 8 years, was able to drive again. She was just as thrilled.

Jennifer, you write in Part 2. Since, it is a new post you will have too press on both buttons below submit comment. It is actually page 2. You can always check Page 1 whenever you want too. How is Reem doing?

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 10, 2010 @ 10:15 PM

• these few days, Reem seems in good spirits. She is still going to school despite her seiz. Hope she stays in good spirits.

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 18, 2010 @ 7:38 AM

10. Well Ruth my first practice was on a narrow country road, and a pickup pulling an oversize cattle trailer was barreling toward me. that was a bit scary. OK a lot scary. But this morning for the first time since 1994 I drove to the Ocean and watched the Sunrise. Awesome and exhilerating!!! Dont worry about me texting and driving though, I won’t even answer my phone.
    I’m thankful today that I was able to attend two church Services and they were both about “Community”. coincidence? Naa
    I learned the best bonding agent in a good relationship is Shared Experiences.
    We all sure do have shared experiences on this site.
    Thanks for caring and may
    God Bless you all.

Comment by Charlie — October 11, 2010 @ 10:26 AM

• Watching the sun rise is one of my favorite things. Other than watching the sun go down. We have a pond in front of our house and the reflections of the changing light are just breath-taking!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 11, 2010 @ 9:36 PM

11. I’m back! It’s been awhile so I thought I’d drop by and say hello and God Bless each & every one of You who are reading this. I love the Gradtitude Is The Attitude here. I’m very grateful for my relationship with my Lord and that will always be first above all else. I’m grateful for my loving family who puts up with me and my moods all the time. I’m grateful for friends loving just as I am. Last, but certainly not least , I’m grateful for finding new friends such as beautiful as you dear people on here. It”s always a pleasure to read your comments as they never fail to uplift and inspire me every time I read them. What brings us together may seem to others as a “disability”. I say we all have been blessed & enabled with the ability to do a specific work for His glory and His work in this time in which we now live in. May this find you all being blessed like never before.

Comment by Bobby Spillers — October 11, 2010 @ 3:23 PM

• Well said, Bobby. you’re so right we are “enabled” not “Disabled”.Nice to hear from you.

Comment by Charlie — October 11, 2010 @ 6:09 PM

• Hi Bobby, we missed you. Welcome back. I think we are each and every one of us a miracle. And we are what we make of ourselves (with a little bit of help!)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 11, 2010 @ 9:39 PM

12. Today’s List:

1. Having friends like you

2. Freedom

3. Sharing

4. Caring

5. Honesty

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 11, 2010 @ 9:40 PM

13. Hi, I need all of you to pray for my youngest sister. My mother told me that , Caroline, my sis., found a knot on her neck, near her collar bone. Mother told me this when she came to paint this morning. Pray its nothing. I hope to know tomorow, or in a few days. Ill let all of you know when I know.

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 12, 2010 @ 7:56 AM

• Oh Jennifer, my heart goes out to you and your sister. Our thoughts and prayers are with you — and her — know that we’ll be thinking of you both.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 12, 2010 @ 9:17 PM

14. Today’s lost;

1. My health

2. My husband

3. A beatiful sunny day

4. Good advice

5. Friends that stand by me…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 12, 2010 @ 9:18 PM

15. Gratitude is the Attitude — Part 2 « Epilepsy Talk…

I found your entry interesting do I’ve added a Trackback to it on my weblog :)…

Trackback by World Wide News Flash — October 13, 2010 @ 1:48 AM

16. Our prayer team has service on Wednesday our prayers to everyone including your sister, Caroline, Jenifer. One of my sister’s name is Caroline and the other one is Sandy.

Today is our 19th anniversary!

I am grateful.

1. My husband has a job.
    2. My 2 children are doing well in High School
    3. My son just got a part time job.
    4. God’s opportunities keeps giving us grace
    5. Learning forgiveness
    6. learning patience
    7. singing in choir, deacon, sunday school
    teacher, Women’s grp. Being graced w/ energy

Comment by Tonialpha — October 13, 2010 @ 5:26 AM

17. Hi All,
    Are You ready for this?
    I got rear-ended in a three car accident! Guy in front of me was stopped, I was stopped, Guy behind me was stopped. Guy behind all of us DIDN”T STOP!
    No one was injured, my car is ok, just minor damage, I didn’t hit Guy in front of me, guy behind my car was totaled from rear.
    My only concern is that the 20th will be my 1 year anniversary of my brain surgery. Hope I didnt shake nothing up too bad.
    Thankful list,
    Thankful for a home
    Thankful for the Drs., Hospitals, and staffs that are able to heal and comfort so many people.
    So many places dont even have Hospitals.
    Thankful I was able to drive to morning prayer, a first.
    Thankful the accident wasn’t worse and that everyone was ok.
    Thankful I went to Men’s group this evening and had fellowship with them like we do here.
    thankful for all of you and your Attitude’s of Gratitude.
    Happy Anniv. Tonialpha

Thankful

Comment by Charlie — October 13, 2010 @ 10:19 AM

• Hi Charlie,

1. I’m thankful that you weren’t hurt

2. Thankful that you found a hospital where they actually knew what they were doing

3. Thankful that your car remained intact

4. Thankful that you still remain so optimistic

5. Thanks that you’re so faithful

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 13, 2010 @ 7:13 PM

18. Happy Anniversary Tonialpha!!
    Charlie, I hope you go to a doctor and have your brain checked out to make sure you are all right. Sometimes in a car accident, injuries do not show up for awhile.

1. We are having great weather today
    2. Looking forward to the Giants vs Philly’s to see who will be in the Baseball World Series.
    3. Been off of the internet and resting.
    4. I have been thinking of all of you.
    5. Jennifer, keep us up to date about your sis. I am concerned for her. We all are!!

Charlie, I am glad that you got to drive to the ocean. That must have been great!!

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 13, 2010 @ 5:39 PM

19. Go Giants!!

Does anyone else have a favorite team?

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 13, 2010 @ 8:32 PM

20. well,

I have good news
    sis. went to dr. and he said it was a swollen gland. I didnt know we have glands there. But everything is ok. She just needs some antibiotics and it should be taken of.

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 13, 2010 @ 10:12 PM

21. Jennifer, I am so glad to hear that it is good news. Tell your sis that I am glad for her.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 13, 2010 @ 10:19 PM

22. Even thou I am on the East Coast go Giants 🙂
    or may the best team win 🙂

Comment by Tonialpha — October 14, 2010 @ 2:15 AM

23. I am grateful that all of the miners in Chile got out alive. It was an international effort and it worked. Seven countries were involved in the rescue effort.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 14, 2010 @ 9:06 AM

24. Each person in our group can choose there own team. There are the Yankees and one other team. We are still on the playoffs, not the World Series, yet. No one should get a down for their team. The Giants use to be in New York. They were sent to San Francisco about 1960-1961.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 14, 2010 @ 9:39 AM

25. Hi All, Good news all around this bunch, Love it!!
    I’m Thankful that prayers are asked for and prayers are answered. As for me I’m fine, no after effects so far, but I’m watching. As for Baseball and the WS. I lost interest in the games when I was ‘hooked’ on a team/game and wound up seizuring like crazy the next day because of late games and not enough sleep. My favorite team now is Greg Biffle and the number 16 car in NASCAR ;o). My favorite team if any was the Yankee’s. Eventhough George Steinbrenner got a bad rep, He was one of the most generous people around. He did most of his giving in private though because he believed [ If you do something and everyone knows about it, all you’ve done is glorify yourself]. When I was in Fl. he’d help all kinds of folks and the only way anyone knew about it was because they told.

Comment by Charlie — October 14, 2010 @ 10:11 AM

26. Charlie, at least George kept his integrity. Most people do not, they would rather be glorified. I respect him. Right now, it is still the post season playoffs. The Yankees vs the Texas Rangers are in on the ALCS. It is whoever wins that will go on to the world series. The Giants vs the Phillies is to see who will win the NLCS. Then those 2 teams will go to the World Series.

A lot of people lost interest in Baseball when the players went on strike to get more money. After that was over the fans went on strike.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 14, 2010 @ 9:20 PM

• Arthur went “on strike” until the Phillies were in the playoffs. (Everyone loves a winner!) Can you tell where I live? 🙂

And my family is from NYC!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 14, 2010 @ 9:23 PM

27. moving from west to east we record record or read read! That is instead of sz sz sz! I understand. School,work, raising a family, stress, health, all go in the mixing bowl and I am grateful I am aware of it! I think we all are of it!

Thanks!

Comment by Tonialpha — October 14, 2010 @ 10:01 PM

28. hi,

im greatfull for 1. friends, 2. rain to water our plants, 3. my boyfriends acceptance of my seiz., 4. weekends to give us rest, 5. freedom whereas some countries dont.

dont know why but I feel some sort of sadness today. Havent talked to reem for 2 days.

the diet gets pretty tough fast, since I dont really know how to us sesonings, and I sure do miss the sweetstuff and my favorite foods.
    It would not be so hard to learn if I had someone here to show me how it works.

Most of the food substitutions I need to go out of town or order from online in order to get the foods I want to try. Am afraid if I order from online, I may not like it. I hate to waste anything. So if I dont like it then it would be wasted.

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 14, 2010 @ 10:14 PM

• I tried to email Reem and it got bounced back to me…???

Are there any recipe books for your diet? That might help…

As for your boyfriend accepting your seizures, that’s GREAT news (for both of you.)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 15, 2010 @ 3:02 AM

29. I am grateful for.
    1. The hot weather, 90 degrees
    2. Air Conditioning
    3. Complex Vitamin B, Calcium Citrate w. Vitamin D, and Echinacea for the immune system and helps prevents seizures
    4. I give them out to my family every morning so they do not forget.
    5. I am going to my meeting tonight and talk with my friends.Getting out of the house will be great.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 15, 2010 @ 12:32 AM

30. Giants vs Phillies [
    Yankees vs Texas Rangers [ winner of each goes to WS.

How about the underdog Texas Rangers? They have never been in the WS. I am for the underdog.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 15, 2010 @ 3:04 AM

31. Phillies playing the Texas Rangers would be good!
    That would be great! I have a sister that lives in Texas and a friend that just moved to Pennsylvania. It would be good!

Comment by Tonialpha — October 15, 2010 @ 5:04 AM

32. That would be great!! My daughter lives by Philadelphia and I love an underdog. Now, if the Texas Rangers can beat the Yankees that would be great. Well, we have our teams matched up. 🙂

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 15, 2010 @ 7:17 AM

33. Today’s list:

1. That my website problems finally got solved

2.I’m going to have a pre-cancerous mole (or two) taken off my leg

3. A super beautiful day

4. That I’m coming up with things to make on the Atkins diet for Arthur

5. That the workmen are almost gone!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 15, 2010 @ 8:12 PM

34. 1. I am looking forward to feeling better
    2. My son is fine, now

Phylis, I have been to Philadelphia.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 16, 2010 @ 12:24 AM

• Whew! I’m glad your husband and son are out of the woods. How are you feeling today?

Come back to Philadelphia!!! 🙂

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 16, 2010 @ 1:50 AM

35. I am feeling better. I will be all right tomorrow. My husband and son are back to normal

When I was in Philadelphia, the humidity and heat caused me to have seizures. I had to be rushed home to CA. I believe I put it in “Triggers that cause seizures.”

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 16, 2010 @ 10:44 AM

• Oh, the heat and the humidity are killers. They make me sick all summer. When I was in the garden, planting, I keeled right over!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 16, 2010 @ 10:35 PM

• Hi

Its the going from hot out doors to a cold store or the other way around that get me.

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 17, 2010 @ 12:22 AM

36. I’m Thankful that..
    1)It looks like were starting to all feel better, being proactive with our health ! YAY ! I’ve lost 50 lbs since 2004, and found there is no easy way.
    just don’t give up, and keep on pluggin.!
    2)My Step Daughter wasn’t hurt too badly in a car accident in NC.
    3)Driving is going well for me so far, except for that little rear-ending of my car.
    4)My wife is at a Women’s retreat getting her battery recharged this weekend.
    5) have another day to go to morning Prayer and thank God for everything!
    You’re all in my prayers.

Comment by Charlie — October 16, 2010 @ 6:35 PM

• You guys aren’t having such great luck with cars! 😉

Did you WANT to lose the 50 pounds?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 16, 2010 @ 10:38 PM

• I think We do have good luck with cars. We’re still here to give thanks that no one was seriously hurt.
        As for the 50 lbs off. Thank Hurricane Charley in 2004. No electric, no nothing . no soda, buts lots of water to drink for weeks. That knocked off 20 and the rest of the way to current 230 was a fight.
        But we’re ‘fighters’ aren’t we? I think we all have tremendous potential. We just need to learn how to access and use it.
        Keep up the great attitude’s All.

Comment by Charlie — October 17, 2010 @ 6:15 AM

37. I am thankful Charlie that you lost 50 pounds. That is about how much I lost. I weigh in at 149 pounds now. How much do yoo weigh now? Long walks is the best way to keep the weight off and it is good for the mind, as well.

I am sorry about your step daughter, Charlie.

1. I am well now
    2. I am washing clothes
    3. I am an early bird
    4. It is going to be a beautiful day, when the sun peeks it’s smile.
    5. I am greatful for Gratitude is the Attitude.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 16, 2010 @ 7:05 PM

38. im thankfull: for

1. im remembering after a few days of not writing what im greatfull for
    2. I have music at the coffee shop today
    3. im learning 1 new peice every month
    4. im improving on my playing skills fast, and can see the improvements every week, so can my teacher
    5. my boyfriend came over and supprised me, because I dont normally come over on friday
    6. I got to go shopping yesterday and see my friend Retta, she also said she will try to make it in time to hear mr play today

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 17, 2010 @ 12:47 AM

39. well,

music went good and I had fun. I was so nervous, and shook from nervousness. Not seiz. just from nervousness.

But I had fun. My teacher said if I make a mistake or play a wrong note, to keep going, not to stop.

Also not make a face when I do mess up, like I have a tendency to do. I didnt.

There were many players that came to play.
    Most played well and from memory, I couldnt do that. If I werent so nervous, I would be able to.

My friend did come to listen to me play. We then talked some and bought a coffee after.

im greatfull for the fun I had.

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 17, 2010 @ 5:30 AM

• Don’t feel bad. My husband’s friend (an amateur musician) played a few wrong notes on our WEDDING march! ;-0

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 17, 2010 @ 6:09 AM

• yea, but almost the whole peice like I did. Now I dont want to play it anymore. I will try with all my heart next time to look at my fingers the next time, or learn to play without.

I am in a sad mood thinking I should have played better. I do know the peice.

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 17, 2010 @ 10:59 PM

40. Jennifer, everyone gets nervous when they have to do something in front of an audience. You probably did better than what you think you did. Sometimes we are harsh on ourselves than necessary. Other people usually do not notice our mistakes.

1. THE GIANTS BEAT THE PHILLIES, FIRST GAME 🙂
    2. THE TEXAS RANGERS AND NY YANKEES ARE TIED AFTER SECOND GAME.
    3. Jennifer does better than what she thinks. 🙂
    4. Our family feels good today
    5. My husband bought about 20 glasses

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 18, 2010 @ 12:42 AM

41. Im greatfull
    1. my mood did improve throughout the day
    2. laundary relaxed me, I like doing it
    3. Reem came online to see how I was doing for a few min., she’s doing good.
    4. Raymond’s father will let him use his truck tomorow while his father fixes the care
    5. for all my new friends here
    6 they all understand my frustrations dealing with dailly seiz.

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 18, 2010 @ 7:50 AM

42. Thankful for a Great Day.
    Took a Ministry worker class to spot potential abuse of Children.
    Had a nice lunch with the pastor
    Wound up at Church all day, unintentionally. But worth the time.
    Thankful I took a look at “Common Epilepsy Trigger’s” and found out that my friend “Phylis”needs some prayer for a nasty fall. Hope she saw a Dr and is OK. Ahem, ahem
    Thankful the wife is home from a Retreat and in great spirits.
    Thankful that Jennifer is so talented, and shares her talent with other’s

Comment by Charlie — October 18, 2010 @ 10:08 AM

43. Charlie, I am a Jehovah’s Witness.
    I am thankful that I can listen to the meetings on the phone when I am too sick to go to the meeting.

THE PHILLIES BEAT THE GIANTS IN THE SECOND GAME. THEY ARE NOW TIED. THE NEXT TIME THEY PLAY IS TUESDAY. THEY WILL BE PLAYING IN SAN FRANCISCO.

I am glad that I can watch the games on our Fox Station.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 18, 2010 @ 5:17 PM

44. Today’s list:

1. Some together time with Arthur

2. Almost teaching myself how to knit again, after days of frustration

3. A nice Sunday nap

4. Hot coffee on a cold day

5. Fall is here (I think.)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 18, 2010 @ 9:20 PM

45. 1. The leaves are falling

2. dog running in leaves

3. beautiful changes of leaves

4. miss hubby that just flew on trip

Comment by Tonialpha — October 18, 2010 @ 11:17 PM

46. Today is an upbeat day for everyone.

1. THE TEXAS RANGER BEAT THE NYY LAST NIGHT. IT IS NOW 2-1 IN FAVOR OF THE TEXAS RANGERS.

2. THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS PLAY IN SAN FRANCISCO TONIGHT AGAINST THE PHILLIES. THEY ARE TIED 1-1.

3. Can anyone tell that I love baseball?
    4. The air guality is great. I got to go places yesterday.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 19, 2010 @ 10:51 PM

47. Hi everyone … I’ve been busy last days preparing for my exam , it was today , well, i’m thankful for :
    1- Exam went good except the oral questions were hard, but it’s ok in general.
    2- My boyfriend called me and his voice was so great , actually dancing voice with much happiness.
    3- He is completely recovered
    4- Jennifer is doing well
    5- You are all co-operating , nice and caring friends.

Comment by Reem — October 20, 2010 @ 1:09 AM

48. Hi,

m thankfull for. 1. friends
    2. feeling relaxed today
    3. boyfriend got his car fixed yesterday
    4. mother called me this morning
    5. 2 new friends that share our frustrations when suppoorting is needed or just to talk

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 20, 2010 @ 1:44 AM

49. Hi Reem, I am glad to meet you. This is a great place to be, as you know.

It is great to have you here.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 20, 2010 @ 3:05 AM

50. Hi Reem,

Welcome to the group!

Comment by Tonialpha — October 20, 2010 @ 7:25 AM

51. Hi All,
    My Thankful list for today
    today is the anniv of my 2nd Brain surgery and PTL I’m still seizure free for the first time in my life. (I’m 53)
    My friends little girl is being assigned a ‘seizure dog’ (anyone have experience with that, that I can relate to him?)
    My wife is so supportive and caring.
    That I have a job, which I better get to ;o)
    C ya,
    Blessings to all

Comment by Charlie — October 20, 2010 @ 6:35 PM

52. Hi Charlie,

Seizure alert dogs are able to predict seizure activity anywhere from several minutes to an hour before the seizure occurs.

Through their sense of smell, the dog detects the chemical and electrical changes within a person’s body caused by seizure activity.

Often, a dog will nudge/bump/paw its partner, or give a small whine. If the person is walking, the dog will interfere with the person’s movement, blocking their path and causing them to stop.

These dogs are very reliable and consistent in their work. Their alerts are typically the same amount of time prior to each seizure which gives a sense of control and management to the human partner.

Hope this helps!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 20, 2010 @ 8:19 PM

53. Charlie, you said that you were having seizures from baseball. Yesterday, it was on in the afternoon, my time. I started having a lot of seizures during the game.

Could it be the excitement of the game that can cause seizures.

BTW, the Texas Rangers are only winning one game to go to the WS.

The Giants are 2 games away from going to the WS.
    Both teams won yesterday.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 20, 2010 @ 8:28 PM

54. It could be photosensitivity — the action of the ball inspiring seizures? I know when I watch a rapid slide show, I get real sick.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 20, 2010 @ 8:38 PM

55. I never thought about that. I will see how it goes today. I have not had this problem with baseball before.

If I have this problem today, I will just watch the games on the Scoreboard on the internet. That way I will get the scores as they are happening without any flashing lights. The commercials are full of them too.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 20, 2010 @ 9:04 PM

56. im sooo greatfull

I found a wedsite where I can make my own sausage that is easy, without the preservatives, and unforbiden foods.

Comment by Jennifer Schnegg — October 21, 2010 @ 2:06 AM

57. I’m glad my comment about baseball brought up that good discussion, but my problem was staying up too late and not getting enough sleep.
    Todays grateful list.
    1)A great wife that surprised me good!
    2) Friends that showed up for a surprise party for my Seizure free anniv. They really did surprise me!
    3)The blessing this site has been for me to share good reliable information from Phylis and you all with my friends and family with Epilepsy.
    4) That you all are so supportive of everyone.
    5) The testimony we all are that if you knock us down, We get back up again and push on.
    God Bless you all.

Comment by Charlie — October 21, 2010 @ 6:18 PM

• A seizure free anniversary. Now, that’s something to CELEBRATE! Good for your wife…and supportive friends…

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 21, 2010 @ 8:53 PM

58. Today’s List

1. Charlie’s seizure-free anniversay and the wonderful surpise party his wife threw for him

2. Helping a friend living with an abusive father find an apartment (Pulling a few strings!)

3. Helping the same friend find a job in his field, through another friend of mine. (But first I have to “butter him up!”)

4. Cheering up a desperately depressed friend and adding a little tough love to get her going to come up with a plan. (What do they say? “Idleness is the devil’s???”)

5. Waking up every morning with a different song in my head…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 21, 2010 @ 9:14 PM

59. Hi Charlie, congratulations for your seizure-free anniversary 🙂

Comment by Reem — October 22, 2010 @ 12:06 AM

60. I agree w/ Phylis and Reem congradulation on your seizure-free anniversary! 🙂

Comment by Tonialpha — October 22, 2010 @ 5:23 AM

61. Charlie, CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary!! That is so GREAT!!

It turned out that it was not the baseball games causing my seizures after all. My medicine needed some readjusting. Now, I am fine.

I can still watch the baseball games. We still do not know what two teams are going to the WS. Maybe we will know of one team, tonight.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 23, 2010 @ 5:17 AM

62. I need to learn to spell! Congratulations to everyone! I guess San Fran needs to work harder or Phillis have a chance.

Texas Rangers go!

Ruth glad the meds got readjusted! Yea!

Comment by Tonialpha — October 23, 2010 @ 6:42 AM

63. Hi all,
    I’ve been trying to say a BIG thank you to all, but the past two times I’ve hit “Submit Comment” it goes away and I dont see it posted. let’s see if it goes this time.
    If it does,
    I’ll be Thankful for that,
    The cool weather
    Work has actually been ‘fun’. Whoda thought. haha
    Looking for a vehicle is hard especially when you haven’t bought one in a decade!. I’ll find something, I’m sure.
    I got some new music CD’s by “Third Day”. They really Rock! Bet, you can too Jennifer. Remember us when you’re famous someday.
    I hope you’re all well and whoever you want to win the Baseball games win.
    God Bless

Comment by Charlie — October 23, 2010 @ 8:34 AM

64. GUESS WHAT, THE TEXAS RANGERS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES. I hope they win the world series. They have never been in the world series. I love them.

The Giants are ahead of the Phillies, 3-2. We still do not have a winner there.Even though the Giants are in San Francisco and I live in CA, I am for the Texas Rangers to win the WS.

1. I am thankful for good health.
    2. The weather is in the 70’s, that is great.
    3. Why don’t we have spell check here, Phylis?

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 24, 2010 @ 12:10 AM

65. Hi everyone.. anyone know how is jennifer these days ?? why she doesnt come online ?? why she doesnt send comments here?
    please if anyone knows her personnaly or knows her phone number , or address, do check her , and please tell me she is ok ..
    im really worried , its not her habbit not to come online for 3 days now

Comment by Reem — October 24, 2010 @ 2:04 AM

66. Reem,

I agree, I have not heard from her for 3 days. I hope she took a break! Jennifer I hope you are ok, too!

Phillis have a chance! I thought for sure Giants were going to win! It would be interesting to see what the outcome will be!

Comment by Tonialpha — October 24, 2010 @ 3:45 AM

67. I watched the final post season game last night!!

Going to the WS are:
    THE TEXAS RANGERS VS. THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS.

My daughter will be disappointed. She lives by Philadelphia. Both of the underdogs made it to the WS. It starts Wednesday.

Phylis, will you please e-mail Jennifer? Maybe she went on vacation. Sometimes I am off of the internet just to take a break from my computer.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 24, 2010 @ 7:20 PM

68. Today’s List

1. Time off

2. A fun time with a house guest (Jeeper)

3. Encouraging him and helping him get from the negative to the possitive possibilities

4. Buying him a beautiful (VERY well priced!) cashmere sweater.

5. Finding clothes for him which fit, a real challege, since he is handicapped with a very strange twisted joint disease.

6. Grateful that all I have is epilepsy. 😉

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 25, 2010 @ 1:42 AM

• sorry computer problems

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 25, 2010 @ 7:18 AM

69. im ok, computer crashed, needed to get fixed. from Jennifer

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 25, 2010 @ 7:05 AM

70. hi everyone. sorry I was gone. my computer crashed. needed to get it fixed.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 25, 2010 @ 7:10 AM

71. hi its me jennifer, computer problems.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 25, 2010 @ 7:13 AM

72. hi its me jennifer, sorry computer problems.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 25, 2010 @ 7:16 AM

73. sorry computer problems.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 25, 2010 @ 7:20 AM

74. Gee,,,it’s crazy our computer is our connection to life these days!

Have a great week everybody! Glad Jennifer is fine!

Comment by Tonialpha — October 25, 2010 @ 8:59 AM

75. Jennifer, I am glad you are fine. I will not be on the internet as much for a while. Do not worry about me if you do not hear from me.

My brother in law is dying of cancer. He does not have long to live. We are supporting them. 🙂

Phylis, have a nice vacation from the internet.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 25, 2010 @ 9:13 AM

76. Ruth, we’ll miss you. Sorry about your brother-in-law. Hope he finds peace from his pain soon.

Jennifer, you naughty girl! We were worried about you! 😉

Tonialphia, have a good week…

Charlie, hope you’re having succcess finding a car.

My vacation from the internet is over. Sigh.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 25, 2010 @ 6:53 PM

77. Ruth we support you! My brother passed in the 80’s. It was sudden. I pray your family be in the best of comfort.

Charlie, you and my son should look together! He is going into auto mechanics and is helping everyone! I wish you the best!

Reem have a great week!

Jennifer have a fun week!

Comment by Tonialpha — October 25, 2010 @ 9:51 PM

78. sorry reem, im having trouble setting this yahoo messenger up. Im trying. Maybe you can help me, you did last time. I set up an account. oh, what im having trouble with is adding you to my contact list. email me this. .

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 26, 2010 @ 7:06 AM

79. Im greatfull:

My computer is working now
    2. quincey had a good time playing at puppy daycare
    3. he got a nice bath and looked all nice and fluffy when I picked him up
    4. mother brought me a slice of cake over that she had baked (yes im cheating with food again)
    5. raymond is feeling better, he wasnt feeling good for a day

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 26, 2010 @ 7:29 AM

80. Hi All,
    I have just had a fantasticly Blessed day!
    Helped my wife
    Got vehicle
    Waltzed through DMV (first time ever)
    Got to talk to a lady that is self medicating her Epilepsy. (taking what she thinks she should, not amount Dr prescribed) Oh Boy!Hope I helped her.
    My prayers are with you and your family, Ruth.
    God bless you all.

Comment by Charlie — October 26, 2010 @ 8:28 AM

• Charlie, you truly are an angel on this earth. How were we so lucky to find you?

Hope the lady with epilepsy gets straightened out and either sticks to her meds or talks to her doc. (Maybe they’re giving her nasty side-effects?)

And what kind of car did you get???

I bet it was a trip waltzing through DMV. Did it feel strange?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 26, 2010 @ 9:03 PM

81. sometimes im thankfull I dont have to rush in the morning to get ready to go to work in the morning, but mostly I would give anything to be able to work and drive again.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 26, 2010 @ 9:50 PM

82. I feel so out of control, and moody because I think things will get more out of control than they already are.

My music is frustrating even though I practice, I mean yes the music is harder, but still.

The grounds keeper rode over my plants 3 times, yes by acident, but still.

the room that my mother is helping me is taking forever and things are everywhere. It is getting done in its own timing though.

the computer crashed and couldnt talk to my friends or research anything. Its now fixed though.

quincey’s hair was cut too short. It will still grow though even though will take a few years to.

I dont know, these things are too less of an important thing to spend that much stress over.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 27, 2010 @ 3:38 AM

83. Today’s list:

1. Had a great meeting with the Executive Director and Director of Special Events for our local epilepsy foundation, here. (So I didn’t have to drive into town.)

2. We had a wonderful brainstorming session.

3. Their new website is somewhere on the horizon. (Boy, do they need it!)

4. Good lunch which they loved.

5. Got the go-ahead to invoice for my skin care poackage and send the money to my buds at the local epilepsy foundation. (The same ones who were here!)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 27, 2010 @ 7:05 AM

84. My husband had surgery today and one of the nurses said I haven’t seen you in a while! Gee! I thought should I turn around and walk out! I listened to her and she said we need you back! It made me feel great! I needed that!

Maybe I will give it a try once my husband recovers from his surgery. He looks great tonight! I will give him a few days to be sure the anesthesia is out of him! He looks great but a little pale. He had hurt his back! My teens think Im a mom that lives at home or goes to the hospital because of seizures. They never realized I really worked full time before they were born.

Comment by Tonialpha — October 27, 2010 @ 9:01 AM

• What did your husband have surgery for and how is he doing?

How long has it been since you’ve worked? Do you want to go back? CAN you go back?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 27, 2010 @ 9:33 PM

• My husband had back surgery.

I haven’t worked since I had status when I was pregnant w/ my first child. I try to go back to work. I collapse. The hospital put me on long term disability. I would like to work. I volunteer. I work part time for doctors office then a seizure comes up and they ask me to leave.

Comment by Tonialpha — October 28, 2010 @ 10:13 AM

• Oh Tonialpha, sometimes life can be so unfair. Of all people, you don’t deserve it. 😦

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — October 30, 2010 @ 7:27 AM

85. I want to do something that may help give myself support in sticking on the GARD diet

if its ok with all of you: I want to try and tell all of you daily that I sticked with the diet or not

Is that ok with you. I have cheated many times in the last many days. I dont want to. Its hard.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 27, 2010 @ 9:54 PM

86. Anyone know how Reem is doing? I miss talking with her?

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 28, 2010 @ 12:36 AM

87. I have something HUGE to be greatfull for is: my new nice guitar, and those that had donated to me.

I will tell you a story of how I have come to aquire it.

I had an interest in learning the guitar. The only guitar I had was my father’s biginners guitar that he got when he was a boy.

It had huge cracks in the front and back. I had wanted to save up for a better guitar and not a 100$ beginners guitar.

I had been looking online at different guitar makers and prices.

I somehow come to a site where guitar sellers that donates good guitars to those that deserve a guitar and have not enouph money to afford one.

All I had to do is write a letter why I thought I deserved it. And then they (I think they are called Carolina String Studio), will go through the letters when they get a donated guitar, to see whom they thought deserved it the most.

They had finally received one.

To my supprise, not soon after I had writen the letter, had they emailed me.

I had to pay shipping , which was only 49 $. It was nothing compared to the quality and sound of it.

It was a 1967 classical guitar. It looked like new. Apparently someone had bought with the intention to learn it but, it probably ended spending most of the time in the corner or closet. It even came with a case.

If I knew how to put a photo of it in this site, I would.

It didnt have a scratch on it. Its beautiful. Not one buz when I plucked the string. My old one had terible buzzes.

The case was black and the insides was a nice yellow.

So you can see, there are very generous people out there.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 28, 2010 @ 8:42 AM

88. Hi All,
    that’s awesome jennifer! What kind of music do you play? country, Rock, etc? i said this before but worth repeating..Don’t forget us ‘little people’ when you move to Nashville and become famous! You got it in you, just find the key and turn that talent loose. About your diet, and I should listen to my own advice ;o) remember, “We succeed one choice at a time” Tonialpha, that is so ridiculos that a Dr office asks you to leave! what the heck kind of Dr is he? i’ll never go there and I hope no one does. You deserve better, look for a place that has compassion and volunteer there. volunteers are hard to come by.
    As for me, i got a pick up and still can’t believe I’m Driving, trust me its so weird.
    God Bless

Comment by Charlie — October 28, 2010 @ 6:41 PM

89. I cannot read, so I probably will not be able to spell. I had an accident.

As I told you, I was going to Merced CA to visit my brother in law and my sister in law. They are like my brother and sister. We parked at the hospital parking lot in the handicapped section. I got out of the car and went towards the hospital. There was a concrete bumper that I did not see. I feel on my stomach and face. I did not realize that I had injured myself.

When we went into the visitor section, I wrote down all 3 of our names. Then I noticed that I was bleeding. A nurse saw it ioo. The nurse rushed me to the ER.

A doctor came right in and did a CT Scan and an x ray of my eye. I had fractured my eye. I was sent home to see my regurlar doc. The next morning I went right in to see my doc. I am being referred to a specialist.

I will keep you updated. I will not be on the internet for a while. I am having trouble seeing.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 29, 2010 @ 12:58 AM

90. Ruth,

I pray someone will be able to read this for you.
    WE all keep good thoughts for you and you will mend fast.

My husband’s boss now works at University California at Merced in the Pulmonary Division. He worked at USC and I worked at UCLA.

I pray your bone, muscle and tendon area in the area near your eye and face heal smoothly.

Comment by Tonialpha — October 29, 2010 @ 1:43 AM

91. You know its just not fair, I fell again today at 3:50pm, and bit the top and bottom lip this time. Its swelling now. I hate it. I know some of you also have dailly seiz. I only hate it when I end up hurt.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 29, 2010 @ 3:55 AM

92. Wow, we sure are a bunch of hurtin camper’s. Just heard from phylis, she’s fighting an infection, in pain, and won’t be online a while. she just wanted to fill you all in.
    Prayers to all get better.

Comment by Charlie — October 29, 2010 @ 6:15 AM

93. Thank you Tonialpha for expaining it to me. My husband read it to me.

Jennifer, Charlie and Phylis, I hope you all get better fast.

I see an ears, nose and throat docotor next Wednesday. I hope I do not need surgery. I probably well.

I hope we all get well fast.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 29, 2010 @ 6:38 AM

94. Hi

im greatfull for
    1. Toni’s humor, she makes me smile when I read her emails
    2. day is beautifull
    3. friends are coming for dinner
    4. freedom
    5. my swollen is getting better

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 30, 2010 @ 3:12 AM

95. I’m grateful for

1. Jennifer’s response which always make me feel
    good

2. Gratitude is the Atitude everyone that has
    responded has taught me to be more humble

3. San Francisco is ahead by 2 games YEA!

4. I hope we all have a wonderful weekend!

5. Phyliss, Ruth, Charlie, Reem, Jennifer take
    good care!

Comment by Tonialpha — October 30, 2010 @ 4:27 AM

96. Im greatfull that I had a good time with friends last night.

Im frustrated that when I hear that someone does what I cant do itbecause of having epilepsy.

My boyfriend went out of town, where I like to go, but he’s working with his client. So I couldnt go.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — October 31, 2010 @ 12:16 AM

97. THE TEXAS RANGERS WON THE WORLD SERIES

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 31, 2010 @ 10:46 AM

98. I also have something else to add. I had a terrible accident when I went to visit my brother in law. I fell flat on my face and shomach. My face looks terrible. I have to see an ears, nose and throat doctor. I do not know what he can do for it. When I fell on my face and stomach, I tripped over the handicap parking place that is about 4 inches high. I did not see it and that is why I fell. I am bruised all over my face. I will be resting the next few dzys.

Comment by Ruth Brown — October 31, 2010 @ 2:47 PM

99. Texas Rangers did not win the World Series!
    They won last night!

Giants 2 Rangers 1

Ruth take care!

Everyone have a good Halloween!

Comment by Tonialpha — November 1, 2010 @ 12:11 AM

100. my fall was worse than it seemed at first. I am glad that you thought I was joking. My confusion is real bad. My swelling and bleeding of my face is getting worse. My outward appearance is really bad.

I really thought that the Rangers had won the world series. I was not sarcastic or making a joke. Tognight my son set me straight on the world series. It is Giants- 3 games Rangers-1. Am I correct on this?

I took about 10 minutes making a small descion before making an order at a fast food place. I though it was only a few seconds.

I am greateful that I am alive.
    I am thankful that I am a Jehovah’s Witness
    I am glad that Jesus died so that we could live and we will be resurrected.

Phylis, please give everyone in the our group my e-mail address because I might not be abke ti be on line much longer due to health problems. That is right I am giving everyone my friends here my e-mail adress: brown.ruth@live.com please e-mail me so I will only put my good things in my life here.

Love to everyone here.
    This is Epilepsy Awareness Month in November.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 1, 2010 @ 3:10 PM

• is there room for 1 more ???

Comment by pat moran — November 2, 2010 @ 11:20 PM

101. I prayed that you would surrender your email address,, Phylis told me she was worried
    I have been reading all about you guys,,,
    you seem to be a very nice bunch of people,,,
    I am praying for a speedy recovery for you Ruth,
    may you all be blessed
    pat

Comment by pat moran — November 2, 2010 @ 2:23 AM

102. im greatfull for
    1. my boyfriend’s love for me, he has helped me alot over the many years we have been together.
    2. Reem’s friendship
    3. Toni’s humor
    4. My cat charley, he has helped me to get up in the morning when its cold. by walking all over me till I tell him “OK, I’ll Get Up! ”
    5. Being able to live on my own.

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 2, 2010 @ 11:23 PM

103. 1. Thank you for Pat’s contribution
    2. continual prayers for Ruth and her
    recovery
    3. Jennifer’s information
    4. Reem hope you have a great week!
    5. Charlie great week along w/ driving
    6. Support to Phylis to be in comfort

Comment by Tonialpha — November 3, 2010 @ 2:46 AM

104. Hi Pat, we all welcome you with hugs, care and open arms.

Phylis is very sick and needs e-mails to give her a speedy recovery. pfj@pfjohnson.com

1. Thankful that Pat joined us.
    2. I am better, my confusion is gone.
    3. I hope for a speedy recovery for Phylis
    4. I know everyone will write her
    5. THE GIANTS WON THE WORLD SERIES. I live in CA.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 3, 2010 @ 5:34 AM

105. I am forwarding the emails I get from Phylis to Candi and Charlie. I have their email addresses. Please give me your email addresses and I will put you in the FWD group for Phylis. I can create a group. Phylis will not tell everyone how sick she is, she is very ill. Phylis has MERSA and skin cancer. She is so sick in her stomach that she cannot keep anything down.

Phylis has been great for us, she needs us now. My email address is brown.ruth@live.com Please write me and I will forward to you what is going on with her. You can personaly write her. I have given you her email address. Please help her.

Comment by Ruth Brown — November 3, 2010 @ 10:17 AM

• Thank you so very much for your care and concern…

I go to the Infectious Disease Specialist for my right leg on Thursday. Hopefully, he will have some bright ideas — other than more blood tests! 😉

Then, on 11/17, I go to the Plastic Surgeon to have the melanoma on the left leg (which, unfortunately, is right beside my shin) cut deeper, to get to the margins of the melanoma and dig them out. Happily, it’s self contained. The reason for the plastic surgeon is so I don’t look like “crater woman.”

After all that, I hope this mess will be done. Fingers crossed!

Ruth, how are YOU doing???

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 3, 2010 @ 11:34 PM

106. Hi Ruth, Email is schneggj@hotmail.com

Comment by jennifer schnegg — November 3, 2010 @ 9:02 PM

107. Ruth and Phylis,
    I have just known about troubles you both had last days with health .. I m so much thankful you are getting better ,I wish you speed recovery,,
    Ruth, take care of yourself very well, and
    Phylis, have faith ,be sure you are going to be ok , you help alot of people, and everyone pray for you 🙂

Comment by Reem — November 4, 2010 @ 2:18 AM

108. As you’ve suggested…we have so much to give and share…we’ve moved to “Gratitude is the Attitude” — Part 3.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your caring contributions and love.

YOU are my gratitude.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 5, 2010 @ 6:09 AM

109. I am thankful to read such a nice post!
    It is always a gift when we can spend a small amount of time during each day remembering moments of gratitude. I have enjoyed reading through your blog!

Comment by findingstrengthtostandagain — November 29, 2010 @ 8:18 AM

110. Well, if you’re “finding strength to stand again,” you must be a pretty special personal, too!

Try looking at “Gratitude is the Attitude” — Part 3.

This thread got so long that it was giving some of our computers heart attacks!

And welcome to the site. I’m sure you’ll find a lot of intelligent, kind and caring people here…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — November 29, 2010 @ 9:07 PM

111. Fantastic post, it opend my eyes, many thanks!

Comment by Laurence Lydic — November 30, 2010 @ 10:22 AM