Your mission for 2014: Live life to the fullest! | December 30, 2013

When you’re feeling frustrated, bitter, or like you’ve lost all faith in humanity, turn to these 21 wonderful quotes to get back on track!

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” ― John Green, Looking for Alaska

“There’s only one rule you need to remember: laugh at everything and forget everybody else! It sound egotistical, but it’s actually the only cure for those suffering from self-pity.” ― Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank

“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” ― Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

“How many slams in an old screen door?
Depends how loud you shut it.
How many slices in a bread?
Depends how thin you cut it.
How much good inside a day?
Depends how good you live ‘em.
How much love inside a friend?
Depends how much you give ‘em.”
― How Many, How Much by Shel Silverstein

“Tell the truth, or someone will tell it for you.” ― Stephanie Klein, Straight Up and Dirty: A Memoir

“The saddest people I’ve ever met in life are the ones who don’t care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there’s nothing to make it last.” ― Nicholas Sparks, Dear John

“There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.”― Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

“Maybe everyone can live beyond what they’re capable of.” ― Markus Zusak, I Am the Messenger

“My only advice is to stay aware, listen carefully, and yell for help if you need it.” ― Judy Blume

“A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.” ― Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

“…[I]f you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be.” ― Roald Dahl, My Uncle Oswald

“If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is: who cares?” ― Tina Fey, Bossypants

“You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.”― Thornton Wilder

“You can think clearly only with your clothes on.” ― Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid’s Tale

“Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

“Don’t Panic.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

“The point is not to pay back kindness but to pass it on.” ― Julia Alvarez

“Sometimes you have to lie. But to yourself you must always tell the truth.” ― Louise Fitzhugh, Harriet the Spy

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Soul of Man Under Socialism

Resource:

BookBub from The Huffington Post.
Follow BookBub on Facebook and Twitter.

To subscribe to Epilepsytalk.com and get the latest articles, go to the bottom box of the right column and click on “Sign me up!”

1. It is how we live in the present that determines how we live in the future. – quote unknown

I do not celebrate the New Year, any year, because it is just another day on the calendar. In fact, I have to stay home because of all of the drunks on the highway who have celebrated.

They are in a hurry to go to a hospital.

Phylis, why can only bloggers press the “Like” button?

Comment by Ruth — December 31, 2013 @ 8:42 AM

2. Happy New Year everyone.

I wish you health and hope…
    love and laughter…
    and all that you may wish for yourselves
    and those you hold dear.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 1, 2014 @ 12:48 PM

3. I am a subscriber, Phylis. Otherwise, I cannot get the comments emailed to me.

I pressed on the “like” button a couple of times and they want my blog address. I get a message saying “What is your website address?” Without one I cannot press the “like” button.

“Laughter is the best medicine.”

Comment by Ruth — January 1, 2014 @ 3:01 PM

4. When they say “what is your website address?” just fill in http://www.epilepsytalk.com

It’s so they can direct your comment. Plus, it’s a security thing to avoid hackers.

It happens to me at least once a day.

A real pain in the neck!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 1, 2014 @ 4:55 PM

5. Wonderful set of quotes, regardless of it being New Year or no. That you included “Don’t Panic!” is especially great!! Happy 2014 :)

Comment by Gina — January 2, 2014 @ 11:52 AM

6. staying true to my new years resolutions: keeping myself healthy, keeping my doctor appointments, and doing well in school. i have to give a speech tomorrow in my public speaking class, i know i will get an A.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — January 30, 2014 @ 11:49 PM

7. Excellent resolutions.

Good luck on your speech, although it sounds like you have it aced already! :-)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — January 31, 2014 @ 11:14 AM

• i did not get an A but i got a B, i so nervous felt as if i was going to pass out but i kept my composure and took a few deep breath and after wards i felt a lot better. but next speech i have to use a power point but, this is going to sound like a stupid question, is it safe for me to use? and it a big part of my grade

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 1, 2014 @ 7:07 PM

• or should i just e-mail my instructor and ask for a alternative an alternative and have doctor’s note. i am not photosensitive or anything this is just being on the safe side.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 1, 2014 @ 7:09 PM

• In my humble opinion, I think you should seek an alternative.

I’m SURE your instructor will understand.

Besides, there are other ways to go.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 1, 2014 @ 11:15 PM

8. okay well i can talk to him see if i can come up with an alternative. finger crossed. btw next speech is something i do know a lot about art and special needs students.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 2, 2014 @ 12:56 AM

9. GO GIRL! :-)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 2, 2014 @ 12:18 PM

• i am really exited about this topic. but i should be okay with power points, if not i could use the overhead, but i am quite sure that one of my classmate red cross first aid and CPR certified. as for the topic i decide that art will help the special needs students academically, mentally, and physically.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 2, 2014 @ 1:09 PM

10. Super! Fingers crossed!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 2, 2014 @ 2:27 PM

• i am going to get an A on this speech, if i don’t start going back to my old habits. and remember what i am going to say.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 2, 2014 @ 3:47 PM

• had the first practice with the informative speech this time i was a lot more calm because it’s something i know a lot about art and specials needs students and i knew what i wanted to say.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 3, 2014 @ 10:16 PM

11. Yay! Art and special needs students, that sounds fascinating. Is that what you’re aiming for?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 3, 2014 @ 10:49 PM

• yes. and that is something i am interested in after i graduate college. it helps with cognitive thinking, motor skills, and helps with other subjects by teaching patience. that is my thesis in progress.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 3, 2014 @ 11:21 PM

12. Wow! You’ll be sooooooo wonderful! :-)

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 4, 2014 @ 9:19 AM

• yeah i am. got my power point presentation almost done, i think i’ll add a few things to, just some pictures. just learned how to do it this morning, since high school.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 4, 2014 @ 9:35 PM

• my speech and power point presentation is coming along great. just have to fix a few things grammar wise.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 5, 2014 @ 8:54 PM

13. i reworked my thesis and i added another topic to it: math skills. i was having too much fun with the power point with the background, font, and the clip art.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 8, 2014 @ 1:22 PM

14. GO! GO!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 8, 2014 @ 4:35 PM

• this one for sure is an A. :)

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 9, 2014 @ 9:56 PM

• i messed up on my speech practice today, my power point slide was out of order, at least i found out today than on the day of the actual speech. still i felt so embarrassed though.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 14, 2014 @ 11:32 PM

15. DON’T feel embarrassed. That’s why it’s called “practice”!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 15, 2014 @ 10:31 AM

• still my instructor deduct 3% of my final grade for not being completely prepared but he knows that i have been working really hard on it, so i get to go next monday for the actual speech. i am just going to call it a bad day, shake it off and continue to practice but i am going to make sure that everything is in order from now on.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 15, 2014 @ 11:17 AM

16. Good attitude. Go for it!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 15, 2014 @ 1:14 PM

17. i started a new volunteer job with an organization, i am so excited because my new title is volunteer coordinator

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 17, 2014 @ 10:36 PM

18. YAY! You see, you underestimate yourself Crystal.

You’re a WINNER!

So just get up and start dancing to the music!!!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 18, 2014 @ 9:49 AM

• this title makes me feel important. well got to go and practice my speech.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 18, 2014 @ 12:50 PM

19. You ARE important. Crystal, don’t sell yourself short.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 18, 2014 @ 2:37 PM

• i am saying it makes feel good that i am helping others.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 18, 2014 @ 2:50 PM

• practiced my speech but i fell 10 seconds short even with the power point, but this is an improvement from before. :)

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 19, 2014 @ 10:56 PM

20. DON’T be discouraged. As I said, that why they call it “practice”!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 20, 2014 @ 10:01 AM

• i found out today that one of the volunteers for the organization that i work for has epilepsy, i hope to be a friend and to work with her.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 22, 2014 @ 9:22 PM

21. THAT is cool. I never met anyone who had epilepsy until I was 29!

Now, as it turns out, my hairdresser has epilepsy!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — February 23, 2014 @ 9:24 AM

• it’s so great volunteering you meet people from all walks of life.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — February 23, 2014 @ 11:44 AM

22. well i went to the appointment with alta california regional center today, within the next couple of weeks i am going to meet with of their psychologist for an IQ test. fingers crossed hopefully i do qualify for one of their services.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — April 18, 2014 @ 7:20 PM

23. Is it a psychoneurologist? Is it a cognitive test?

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — April 19, 2014 @ 10:19 AM

• i think it’s both but as soon as i know i’ll let you know, all i know is that i am overdue for one.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — April 20, 2014 @ 11:02 PM

• i also got an appt with my new neurologist coming up, i do have questions for him

Comment by Crystal Cahill — April 20, 2014 @ 11:05 PM

24. Make sure you’re prepared…here are a few hints:

Secrets to Better Care from Your Doctor

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — April 21, 2014 @ 4:11 PM

25. it was a cognitive, i am average in communicating but in processing i am low, the psychologist explsined it to my mom and i but i am going to wait until she gives my intake counselor the full report but at least i know where i kind stand.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — June 10, 2014 @ 3:59 PM

• Crystal, I missed you and was so worried. But I understand. I tend to go “underground” when I’m depressed also.

What can I do for you? How can I help you? I am terribly worried.

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — June 10, 2014 @ 5:47 PM

• been doing well, out of school for the summer, doing a lot volunteering with the western farm workers assn, and one of our new volunteers has epilepsy and is a disabled vet. i also had an IQ test and a psychological exam done. sorry i have not been on for a while, been busy.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — June 10, 2014 @ 6:05 PM

26. Whew. That’s a relief. I didn’t know whether to PM you on Facebook or what.

For the future, my private email address is pfj@pfjohnson.com

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — June 10, 2014 @ 7:01 PM

• i have been busy studying for finals, and yes i passed. getting ready for the western farm workers anniversary dinner.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — June 10, 2014 @ 9:39 PM

27. hi phylis, i have gotten the results of my IQ test, I do have ADHD, and a specific learning disability, but i do not qualify for Alta California Regional because i did not have that many delays. Well i guess i am going to try to get into Department Of Rehab again and make sure to stay on top of things. wish me luck.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — June 23, 2014 @ 9:10 PM

28. Oh Crystal, what a blow. Are there any other ways to get help, like classes?

I admire you so much. Your persistence, despite all the roadblocks.

Please Crystal, don’t throw in the towel, because of your diagnosis!

Keep to your path and believe in yourself! I believe in you, that’s for sure…

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — June 24, 2014 @ 10:40 AM

• that’s true but at least i got a diagnosis, this more for getting a job. and what i meant was developmental delays. well like you said just have to keep on pushing and don’t give up.

Comment by Crystal Cahill — June 24, 2014 @ 12:22 PM

29. YOU ROCK GIRL! Remember that.

I admire you for your courage and conviction.

Don’t let anyone or anything take that away.

You can and WILL achieve your goals!

Comment by Phylis Feiner Johnson — June 24, 2014 @ 1:09 PM